• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,462 - $28,657.

10/7.4

Based on 924 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Best truck I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"This is my 2nd Tundra after trading my first Tundra in for a Chevy. The first generation Tundra was too small a truck for what I needed, but it was great for what it was. The Chevy did have more room and power, but I was shocked at what an unreliable monster it was. It really made me sad about giving up my Toyota. After numerous issues with the Chevy, and seeing the 2007 Tundra come out, I decided to get back into a Tundra. The truck now has over 75000 hard miles and not one problem. It's easily the best truck I've ever owned. If Toyota decides to make a 1 ton Tundra, I'm read to buy it."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, spacious, feels like a truck"

Cons: "MPG"

"My employment over the last decade has afforded me the opportunity to drive a lot of trucks made by the big 3. The Toyota Tundra beats them all, hands down. This truck has a smooth ride on the highway, but feels like a real truck when off road. Yes, the suspension is stiffer than a car, but what do you expect? It's a truck and I like the fact that it feels like a truck. If I wanted to ride in a car, I would have bought a car. The cabin is cavernous...lots of room. Even with the double cab. The 6'6" bed is roomy and has so far handled all cargo I've thrown at it. The bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone is a nice touch as well as I can take phone calls through the stereo system. The truck I bought was the base model with the 5.7 V8, so I have all the amenities I want without the fluff I don't want. The engine is hella-powerful, which means that this thing sucks down gasoline. Keep your foot off the floor, and you'll probably get around 16 or 17 mpg, but that's it. Again, no biggie for me because I only use this thing when I need a truck to do work. In short, if you are looking for a powerful, spacious, comfortable TRUCK so that you can HAUL CARGO or get WORK done, this thing beats Chevy, Ford and Dodge every time in my opinion. If you want a cushy riding commuter car, go buy a car, because this is not the vehicle for you."

Best truck I tested

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Chevy and Dodge do not even belong in this class."

Cons: "Wish I had bought the bluetooth radio/phone."

"I am 64. I bought this truck to last through retirement. I drove the Ford F150. Four door came with a death trap door that could not open easy. I liked the ride and comfort. It was my pick after testing the GM Chevy and the Dodge. The Dodge was a Truck man's truck rough and ready and seemed to have power to spare. I like the variable cylinder control for the economy features. Than at a last resort I decided to look at the Small Toyota. We gazed at the Tundra and I was dreaming. They offered me a super deal. After driving this truck I fell in love with it's tight feel and balance. There was no swaying. It stayed almost level on turns. Bottom line is that I take it on 600 mile trips. I have determined that this truck costs me about the same gas as a "loaded down" Ford Ranger and it holds more. I love my truck and the comfort I have on trips. I know if I had to I could sleep in the back seat floor board. the seats fold up. No one has complained about It being to small in the back seat. I cannot say enough good about my truck and the dealership here in Homestead. This has become what appears to be a Tundra town. the popularity is phenomenal and everyone that has one backs me up. Gas mileage? Not too good on short hops but makes up for it in comfort and economy on my long trips. I feel also that this is a much safer driving truck that my Ford ranger. Don't even talk about added crash protection afforded by the size of my Tundra."

Great Truck for any purpose safe and reliable

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Safe, reliable, brute of a truck"

Cons: "Size in tight quarters"

"I have 67K on this truck and gas and oil changes is all it has cost to operate. 14mpg city and 18 highway are fairly reasonable numbers for a truck this size and weight. I feel extremely safe driving anywhere. The only con is its size when manuevering in tight spaces, small price to pay for all the other conveniences. It is a great tow vehicle."

Suprised by how strong this truck is!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

"This is my first Toyota after owning several GM trucks. I drive many miles in a year, so it's important my truck be reliable. This truck has been flawless... No problems whatsoever. This truck's 5.7L motor is reliable, smooth, good on gas (15mpg+ average for a V8 truck is good) and surprisingly quick. They say 381hp, and it feels like it."