• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,927 - $25,648.

10/7.4

Based on 969 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

crewlmax limo

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"I bought my crewmax in march of 2007 my family and I love it. This is the limo of all the trucks and it will haul the mail go drive one and you will see."

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

Let down by the details...

By on Friday, January 11, 2008

"I was very excited to finally get back into a Toyota truck after several years with Dodge. Went with Dodge because, at the time, they had the extended cab space I needed with kids. There was no Tundra yet - only talk of one. Anyway, I have 2500 miles on my new double cab and have been let down by the plastics quality in the cab - something I really didnt expect that from Toyota. All the cab plastics are really cheap and have seemingly no insulative attempts or properties to quiet them. Everything tends to buzz and rattle in the trim, from radio, to dash to center console. Especially so in the cold. Little details like no light on passsenger side visor mirror - never seen a car without one these days. Rear concole cup holder kind of renders the back seat a 2 seater, not a three seater. My kids hate being relegated to the middle rear seat because teven for kids the cut holder portion of center consoles juts out so far, Just a lot of little details like that, admittedly, I probably should have looked harder for at test drive. But I just assumed the old Toyota quality I had known would still be there. Plastic buzz and rattle main complaint but already have squealling brakes in wet weather and have had to have VSC engine light reset/repaired, and the dash re insulated. Tranny odd also. With 6 speeds, the first gear is almost useless and really gets old in stop and go driving - its way too short a gear. Also has soem strange forced engine braking on hills that kicks in when coasting at certain speeds downhill. Just a cluncky trans overall. Dont get me wrong, I dont hate the vehicle, just kinda let down. My Dodge was much quieter in the interior with no rattles or buzzes. Tranny wa salos way smoother. The Tundra has great style, great value, and great trade in, and I expect it to last forever, but the annoying little details just leave you with a sense that they cut a lot of corners to get a larger truck into the mid 20K$ market."

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

2007 CrewMax SR5 5.7

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"This thing is a monster (in a good way). This is my first pickup truck that I have owned (have driven them all but this is the first onw on my dollar). It came down to this and the Silverado and I decided to give Toyota a chance. Great driving feel and superb handling. Mileage has been up and down though and expect it to get a little better (12 to 17 mpg, currently @ 14.5 MPG - same driving conditions). I can fit all six members of my family into it (needed the SR5 for the front bench seat). Looking forward to my future experiences."