• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,710 - $25,486.

10/7.4

Based on 979 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

This truck is awesome!

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Fast, handles well, tows well, very comfortable"

Cons: "Loves gas, needs a diesel option"

"The power and capabilities of this truck are incredible. I traded in my Chevy Silverado after 4 straight years of nothing but problems. I'm about to hit 60k with my 08 Crewmax, but have not had to take this truck back to the dealer once for any kind of repairs. It's been everything I'd hoped it would be + so much more."

Very, very happy my Tundra.

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

"The Tundra is truly a great truck. I use my Tundra daily for my business. It's very dependable, capable and it's surprisingly fun to drive. I've owned and driven almost every full size truck made in the last 25 years, but it's only Toyota's trucks that rarely have problems (if they ever even have problems). The Tundra is not the biggest seller on the market, but that's not a big deal. Most people don't understand why that is. A Toyota truck is not a truck you'll need or want to replace every few years or because the warranty is out like with Ford and GM trucks..."

Great for towing

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "roomy, towing power, looks"

"I pull a 27' airstream (about 7000#) with my 2011 5.7l v8 Tundra. It is the double cab SR5 w/TRD offroad pkg. It does an outstanding job. I've driven up and down steep mountains, thru snow, rain, on gravel logging roads, thru the windy columbia river gorge, along the curvy coastal hiway and I have never had any inclinations that I was even coming close to pushing my truck to it's limits. All while giving me a smooth and quiet ride. I love my Tundra!! Btw, the best accessory has to be the fold down bedstep. That thing comes in handy."

I'd buy Another

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Interior Room, Style"

Cons: "Cheap Plastic Door Handles"

"The truck is great in a wide range of areas.Toyota dropped the ball when it came down to the little stuff such as: cheap door handles,Bed liners, RW Rim finish and awkward lug nuts. The interior looks kind of retro 80's and the dash could have been updated. Overall I purchased this truck to be used as one so the little stuff didn't matter. I have received comments from others about the cheapness of it. I would still give this truck a 4 out of 5 star rating due to exceptional performance in all the other areas."

Fantastic Truck!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"I have owned a number of pickups over the past 40 years -- Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge, Toyota, but nothing drives, handles, ride, and has all the features like my Double Cab 4WD Limited 2007 Tundra. I almost bought a new GMC but have two other Toyotas - A Camry and 4-Runner, and just am so impressed with Toyota's quality and lack of mechanical problems. This pickup does everything I need. I love all the extra storage compartments and space, the ability to access the back seat from the outside door handles, and the ride and room in that seat. Toyota really did a job on this truck. Now, if they would just offer a diesel or hybrid option they would have it all!"

Toyota Has a Winner!!!

By on Friday, June 27, 2008

"I work at a Toyota store and have owned two Tundra's since they were first launched. I've driven both the Double Cab and now own a Crewmax Limited. The room in the backseat is perfect for storage and any size/age children; or adults for that matter. I changed to full synthetic oil and changed the exhaust system and now average 20.4mpg consistently on highway/city mix. The nav system and bluetooth are a must haveand add to the overall experiene while driving around town on long highway trips. So far, I haven't put the power and towing to it's full use yet but know it's there if I need it. Great truck!!!"

Super truck

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"I just bought this vehicle after trading in a Chevrolet Silverado 1500. There is no comparison. This is one NICE truck. I bought the big engine and the acelleration is phenominal. I also like the instrumentation. At night it looks like a cockpit. Comfortable ride, quiet, just a great truck. I have owned Dodge, Ford, and thought I was a Chevy man until I got this truck."

Best Overall Half Ton Pickup Truck

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Value, Resale, Reliability, Fun, Power, Comfort."

Cons: "Can be thirsty but it's a full size truck!"

"My sixth truck and it's my favorite by far. I love the engine and six speed tranny combo, it's always in the correct gear. Loads of power and quiet, comfortable for even a long drive. I've had four adult and a car seat with baby in the double cab, and nobody complained. Doors open wide, windows all go all the way down. Soft drop tailgate and standard backup camera are awesome. I read pro reviews of bad mileage, but I find the more I drive, the better my mileage gets. (14-15 city, and 18.5-19 US MPG hwy at under 70mph, 12-13L/100km). The throttle is sensitive to aggresive inputs and you will burn lots of gas if you have a heavy foot, but it is reasonable if you drive efficiently. I look foreword to driving it every day- a real pleasure!"

Great Truck

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Need diesel option"

"Only have had a few issues with this truck. Main control chip for the engine went bad due to flex fuel problem. It was fixed and haven't had a problem since. Great truck wish they had a diesel option. Will buy this model again hope they keep building and improving on this platform."

Most reliable truck I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"My second tundra. The most reliable and practically maintenance free truck I have ever owned and I have owned more than ten trucks within the past 18 years.."

Best Truck Ive owned

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, durability, capabilty"

Cons: "bed can get bouncy on rough roads."

"I have had two F150s in the past and I believe they deserve the title as best selling truck because they have a pretty darn good package except for the unexpected issues. Once the ford got to 110,000 miles it absolutely fell apart so I looked for an alternate and found the Tundra. And Wow. This truck is everything that I wanted, its comfortable, big, powerful (especially compared to the 5.4), and capable. I expected the price to be higher than the competition, but a comparably equipped F-150 was more expensive even with the rebates and the Rams and GM trucks just looked cheap and gimmicky in my opinion. I could not be happier with this truck. The milage is moderate (about 14 in town but Ive gotten 20+ avg mpg on plenty of highway trips) and long as it holds up (as a Toyota should) I would not hesitate to recommend this truck to anyone in the market."

Great Truck!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Drives great, tows and hauls great, comfortable"

Cons: "Toyota needs to make a diesel truck, visibility"

"Toyota really makes a great pickup. No problems at all with it. The 5.7L engine is strong and smooth but not too bad on gas for the power you get out of it. Absolutly love this truck!"

Nice Truck but needs refinement

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, looks, accessories"

Cons: "Fit and finish not thought out well for user, loud"

"I have the 08 crewmax limited 4X4. I do enjoy this truck but their are a few design flaws that need to be addressed. Not bad enough to not buy it though The radio does not read cd tracks and display them on the screen even though it has a track name list, they are all blank. Every time truck turns on the screen displays the map. You can't adjust what screen to start on. I do mostly city driving where I do not need a map therefore it would be nice to have the radio displayed on startup instead of me having to switch it. City driving gas mileage without towing or full is approx 10 MPG. I get around 14.5 on the highway. Don't believe the displayed MPG. This thing loves gas. Door handles don't feel solid. In fact you can move their covers back and forth with little effort. Eye/Sunglasses holders in doors have no lining to protect glasses. Business card holders hold about 5 cards if you can get them in. And there are more...... Thing is this is a great truck! Problem is that the fit and finish wasnt thought out too well for the end user. Seems like they said lets throw in some extra features but not make them well. Who would want their glasses scratched up? Put a lining on it. Extra cost maybe $1/door max. Even my wife's 10 year old minivan displays cd tracks. Put the same cd in my truck. No go. Even dealer couldn't figure it out. There are many more items that are positive though. Namely looks, comfort, drive ability, room, center console seats, etc. I would buy this again."

Love my Tundra!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, fun 2 drive, great power to pass/pull"

Cons: "reach to radio"

"Great power and very responsive. Handles like a sports car for it being a full size pick-up."

The best of my three trucks

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"My 2007 Tundra has the very powerful 5.7L, 81000 miles, and it's very reliable. I own this, a 2003 Tacoma and 2009 GMC 3500HD. This is actually the truck I've enjoyed owning the most. The Tacoma is great, but I just love the room and capability of the Tundra. The Tundra's 16 mpg isn't that much different than the Tacoma's 17ish MPG. The Sierra is a pain in the neck. It drives terrible, gets miserable gas mileage, and has made more trips to the dealer for warranty work than both of my Toyota trucks combined."

My Summary

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, powerful and beautiful!!!!"

Cons: "At 6' 3", I stand on side boards to drop inside"

Hunting quail in Vail Lake area and off road.

"After driving the I-15 and experiencing the heavy 80 MPH flow of traffic, believed it wise to drive a hefty powerful truck. Did my usual research and chose the Tundra TRD over the Dodge! This Tundra TRD is a powerful (5.7L) with its massive torque and 10.5” gear ring. It’s a 410 rear differential and its GVWR is 10,800!!! I used it for hunting, never towed with it and believe if I had; it'd be as good, if not better, than all others. Still has the original brake pads (which are now at 4mm) and rotators. I love this truck and swore I'd never sell it. Unfortunately, we cannot control fuel prices. I have recorded every tank of gas, rotated the tires with every 5K oil changes ONLY at Toyota dealerships. The average is 16mpg city and 19mpg highway; but hit 20mpg a few times. If you are looking to buy a truck, most definitely go Toyota Tundra and if you're going off road, DEFINITELY the Tundra TRD! PS: The "Desert Sand" color hides dirt well."

Hunting quail in Vail Lake area and off road.

This 2007 Limited Tundra w/ Red Rock Edition is

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "GREAT RODE TRIP RIDE!"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"This truck is the BOMB! I have no issues with it at all. It rides smooth and has plenty of power for what ever. It rolls as good and performs as good as Crimson Tide! Really, it has been a pleasure to own. Toyota has made another Great Product. ROLL TOYOTA ROLL, just like BAMA #1."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Power for a gas engine is impressive"

Cons: "Interior is a bit bland"

"Best truck I've ever owned. The drivetrain is impressive. Great power and smooth transmission. I tow my boat, my race car trailer and camper and the truck never skips a beat. The 5.7 does a fantastic job getting it done."

Excellent Truck

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "interior space, quality, Toyota reliability,"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better city and hwy"

"purchased 2011 Toyota Crewmax, what an excellent truck, the engine sounds great when on highway. very ROOMY interior, great for kids in the backseat! Very comfortable ride. Owned a dodge and after several quality/reliability issues, started looking at toyota - i have no regrets!"

The best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Everything except fuel consumption, this is a great truck!"

Cons: "She drinks a lot of gas, great mpg for such a large truck (18mpg) but still a lot of gas"

"I have owned this truck for 3 years and she has not let me down once. I used her as a family car and plenty of room for three full carseats in the back and you can still fit through. I have pulled light loads for camping, and control was never a problem. I have also hauled loads of dirt, gravel, sand, bark for home owner stuff and she does great. It is almost better to have the smaller bed as it helps remove the tempation to overload. I got about 17mpg to 18mpg per tank with 20mpg highway. Great truck, great family vehicle."

Best truck

By on Friday, August 12, 2011

"i was told it road reallt bad and tried to compare it to the chevrolets but i know now it the bomb.i pull 4 horse trailers with it and it wont hesitate ever and very reliable truck would definitally buy another one.i almost bought a diesel truck to pull my horses but this truck is more powerful and better haul than the diesel truck and i saved probably 10.ooo dollers"

I love my Tundra!

By on Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pros: "Price was good, a blast to drive, comfortable (especially being 6'7")"

Cons: "steel sheels ugly"

Tundra in Tahoe

"I bought my '10 Tundra double cab 4x4 new over a year ago and I still love this truck to death. I get 16mpg in town and close to 20 on the freeway. I have no complaints at all about this beautiful truck. I take that back, the factory steel wheels are gross but they are coming off soon. I would recomend this truck to anyone who likes styling and performance out of their truck."

Tundra in Tahoe

Trouble Free Pick-up

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"Best truck we've ever had. No engine nor any other trouble since we bought it new in 2007. It's a work horse on and off road."

Awesome Truck Hands Down Best Bang For The Buck

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"At 50,000 miles dealer maintained. I have had no issues whatsoever. Runs great, smooth, and surprisingly gets good gas mileage for the size of the engine. I have the 5.7L 6 speed which is a must if you buy this truck. Don't settle for anything less. I average between city and highway driving 16 miles per gallon. And I have a lead foot and get on it quite a bit. Hands down best truck I've ever owned for its purpose. Rides great, tows awesome its by far best in its class it tows like a 2500 diesel. I had an 11,000 lb 5th wheel and it towed it like a champ. I averaged 10 mpg when towing which is as good as many Ford 3500's! With my old Dodge 5.9L Cummins 2500 i got 13 mpg when towing the same 5th wheel. I sold the 5th wheel but for 2 years towed it everywhere. I had a Reese 15k 5th wheel hitch and with an offset on the trailer hitch I never once came close to jack-knifing the trailer with a 6.5 ft bed. The truck drives almost like a sports car in a trucks body if you get the 5.7L 6 speed transmission. But make sure you get the SR5 or offroad package because it has the 4.3 rear differential. If you get the 4.1 rear diff you're wasting the 6 speed. Trust me I've driven many other Tundras when I drop my truck off at the dealer for routine maintenance. SO LISTEN GET THE 5.7L 6 SPEED WITH THE 4.3 REAR DIFF!"

power,comfort,luxury

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I have owned full size dodge and chevrolet pickup's before,but nothing even comes close to this tundra.I bought the limited 4wd double cab and have been extremely pleased!The 5.7 liter V-8 has exceptional power and performance!Very dependable and comfortable.I am presently getting 20.4 mpg hwy @65 mph.Around town and towing a steady 16mpg.This truck is as close to perfect as they come!"