• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

Based on 915 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Cons: "needs more head room"

"Have done the tires twice and brakes also twice - One water pump 425.00 @ 125K - Truck is tremendous - towed a 446 Cat BH up the grapevine trying to explode the tranny when I first got it - truck is bulletproof - All my work is off road mass grading sites with scrapers and such - just up and down and out in the sticks - Truck just gets it done - One issue - I'm 6'5" Toyota needs to put more head room in future trucks -"

Great truck

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "runs and drives great"

Cons: "short 5.5 foot box"

"The tundra is an excellent truck in all aspects. I would have liked a 6.5 or 8 foot bed. The 5.5 bed is too short."

Awesome truck

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

2010 Toyota Tundra 4x4

"This truck is beyond awesome."

2010 Toyota Tundra 4x4

Reliable

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I use my Tundra to plow snow out of my driveway in the winter, and trailer my (3,500 lb) boat in the summer. It does a great job at both. It has only 29,000 miles on it. I plan to upgrade later this year to a 2015. Note, I could not submit this form with the actual mileage of 29,000."

Best truck I ever owned.

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Love to drive, tow, use as work/play truck"

Cons: "Low mpg"

"First Toyota I owned. Been a Ford F150 guy. Except for low mpg, this truck is tops in driving, stability, towing, traction, and comfort."

would change two things.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, great traction, nice smooth ride."

Cons: "not enough ground clearance, fuel tank is to small"

"I have a 2007 tundra with trd package. Very happy with the truck but two things I wish were different. I go off road on jeep trails a lot. The tundra could use a couple of more inches of ground clearance. The reason I use the truck for off road is that I hunt and take a camp trailer when I go. The truck is great for pulling the trailer and pretty good off road. It would be great off road with just a little more clearance. The other thing I would change is the size of the fuel tank. It is to small. I have to pack gas cans with me to have enough fuel to make it back to the high way. I have mud terrain tires on it and with the traction control the truck does great in snow, mud and while climbing steep hills. It is very dependable and has a very good ride considering the tires I am running on it."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Durability, 5.7 Engine, Looks & Features"

Cons: "Fuel Mileage, Choppy Ride at Times"

"Just traded my 2011 EcoBoost F-150 for a new 2014 Tundra 5.7 4x4. I fell in love with this new designed Tundra at first sight. The magnetic grey paint w/the black TSS wheels make a sleek combo. The 5.7 is quiet, strong, and smooth, as is the transmission. The truck rides like a truck, neither harsh nor "cadillac" smooth. My F-150 rode better and was more powerful with the Ecoboost but after 3 trips to the shop for transmission issues I felt it was time to go Toyota. Looked at the Ram and Silverado and while both were very nice, the bailout issues and fact they're made in South America made my decision to go Toyota even easier. Overall, very happy with the new Tundra."

Awesome truck!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Made in Texas."

Cons: "Gas milage, hard to fit into parking lots."

"This truck's towing power is fantastic. It is rated at just over 10k pounds. The bed is small, so hauling furniture or wood from the home improvement store is difficult. The interior is enormous; which is the main reason to buy the CrewMax. Gas milage is not great, but that's to be expected when you get to this size of vehicle."

Most reliable truck I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"My second tundra. The most reliable and practically maintenance free truck I have ever owned and I have owned more than ten trucks within the past 18 years.."

Excellent truck!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"Top quality. Great tow vehicle. Pull a 7,000 lb Jayco camper."

Great truck as always!!!!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"This is the fourth toyota truck I have owned and the second tundra. I can depend on this truck day end and day out for my work needs and commuting. Took a 2000 mile trip with family and it was Great. I would recommend the crewmax to anyone with a family."

Great Truck!

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

"Bought the Tundra for its towing capacity. Ended up getting an all around incredible truck. Oil changes , brakes, tires and fluids are the extent of maintenance . Almost 5 years and it drives as good as it did on day 1."

best vehicles ever

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "have all of cap holders"

"good car in good condition"

powerful, smooth, and quiet ride! Great design

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Very secure at the wheel, great resale"

Cons: "Heater slow and console cover slippery"

"We've driven truck for 3.5 years and it has delivered everyday. Reliable, strong ride. Cozy interior though heater should be quicker and strong as the 4.7 L engine. Shifting is smooth and easy per Toyota quality. Strong Halogen headlights make some oncoming drivers blink at us. Backseat lites could be brighter upon opening rear door. Replaced first set of rotors and second set of brakes so we're pleased. Transmission and diff oil Checked ok at 77,000. I'd like to see a tailgate alert on dash on new trucks. Hauled mulch to gravel with no problem under the 1500 load max. Bought it CPO at dealer and it's a gem."

Best Truck Ive owned

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, durability, capabilty"

Cons: "bed can get bouncy on rough roads."

"I have had two F150s in the past and I believe they deserve the title as best selling truck because they have a pretty darn good package except for the unexpected issues. Once the ford got to 110,000 miles it absolutely fell apart so I looked for an alternate and found the Tundra. And Wow. This truck is everything that I wanted, its comfortable, big, powerful (especially compared to the 5.4), and capable. I expected the price to be higher than the competition, but a comparably equipped F-150 was more expensive even with the rebates and the Rams and GM trucks just looked cheap and gimmicky in my opinion. I could not be happier with this truck. The milage is moderate (about 14 in town but Ive gotten 20+ avg mpg on plenty of highway trips) and long as it holds up (as a Toyota should) I would not hesitate to recommend this truck to anyone in the market."

This is a very good truck

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

"Hi. This is a very good truck. lots of power, stability. This truck is not for crussing around. Used a lot of gas, good for long trips."

gas mileage is disgusting 12mpg town 14mpg

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

"relieability great power awsome gas mileage BAD"

This is the best truck on all fronts

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Luxury with power, tough"

Cons: "Having to watch someone else own it"

"This truck is the a beautiful truck that can winch anything from taking down trees to just helping a stuck vehicle or towing the space shuttle.... Without looking like a work truck with the custom front and rear bumpers made from 3/8" steel with the built in winch in the front that only add an inch from the factory spec covered in a custom black gloss type of rhino lining with shackle mounts and 4 lead recon fog lights... Did I mention the custom low profile bull bar wich just leaves enough room for a double decker 30" light bar turns any night time situation to day with a flip of a switch.. The rear bumper has the same specs with shackle mounts and 2 built in square recon LEDs to light up whatever is behind u when u are in reverse or if u simple want to to light up a field behind u there is a switch to run the same lights. These bumpers follow the tundra body style which is also the black TSS edition born in Texas if American jobs are important to u. Now u can step inside where the custom black leather seats with black Everglades gator skin inserts with silver lined stitching invite you to take a seat and feel the comfort of the giant crewman interior with rear reclining seats perfect for the family road trip or loading up ur gear inside the cab with 4buddies and go get that perfect buck or just tailgating at your favorite stadium. Not to mention the 20" chrome rims dressed with 33s from Toyota so you don't have to worry about your speedometer or alignment being off not to mention the quiet tight factory ride they couldn't have built this one any better in my opinion!!! I bought the truck with 22 miles and every single service and constantly shining with microfiber if they made softer rags I would use them.. Garage kept and a non smoker this truck will be sorely missed!!!! If I forgot any details it's because there are so many. Transferable bumper to bumper warranty till 80,000 miles I believe the best one they offered."

Rides like a luxury limo

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Great power & acceleration for towing uphill."

Cons: "Front panel could be improved for reaching."

"This Toyota Tundra is the Platinum Series so it has all the comforts. This Tundra includes a matching ARE canopy and has brand new tires all around. Also, has extra, new fan belts available. Only reason to sell now is because we are downsizing on vehicles."

Great truck but expensive for what you get.

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, Good looks, Fit and Finish, lasts forever"

Cons: "Gas MPG, still not as good as a diesel"

"Well built truck that has lots of power. Terrible gas mileage but performs great. Toyotas are the way to go if your buying a gas truck. They are built well, run well, and will last forever. However if you are spending over $42K plus for a truck you would be much better off buying a diesel Ford F250 Lariat or GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel. You will get more truck, more power, better resale and better gas milage. All for only a few grand more. My Tundra is a great looking truck and is more than I likely need.... But its no diesel. One thing I will mention. The Crewmax has every bit the interior room as a F250. Believe it."

Terrible no reliability I'm buying a ford

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Reason: No quality

Pros: "Nothing"

Cons: "Everything"

"Terrible truck wimpy engine, no quality or reliability or value. Ok I payed 49,450 for a brand new 2014 toyota tundra absolutely horrible it's been a nightmare 2160 and the trans went out 4590 the engine catches fire, on the hight way. I'm buying a reliable ford f-150 and if you are smart you will due the same. Plus the tundra gets terrible mpg to"

If you cant get the Ford you want

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "terible price more that the best GMC not worth it"

Cons: "in this day and age they still put a ugly antena"

"The truck is very nice ,It gets the worst gas mileage of any gas engine truck, they made it very difficult to do oil changes on your own witch I always did wont ever own a Toyota product again back to Ford or GMC much better truck you live and learn"