• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

Based on 978 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Toyota Has a Winner!!!

By on Friday, June 27, 2008

"I work at a Toyota store and have owned two Tundra's since they were first launched. I've driven both the Double Cab and now own a Crewmax Limited. The room in the backseat is perfect for storage and any size/age children; or adults for that matter. I changed to full synthetic oil and changed the exhaust system and now average 20.4mpg consistently on highway/city mix. The nav system and bluetooth are a must haveand add to the overall experiene while driving around town on long highway trips. So far, I haven't put the power and towing to it's full use yet but know it's there if I need it. Great truck!!!"

Super truck

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"I just bought this vehicle after trading in a Chevrolet Silverado 1500. There is no comparison. This is one NICE truck. I bought the big engine and the acelleration is phenominal. I also like the instrumentation. At night it looks like a cockpit. Comfortable ride, quiet, just a great truck. I have owned Dodge, Ford, and thought I was a Chevy man until I got this truck."

Best Overall Half Ton Pickup Truck

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Value, Resale, Reliability, Fun, Power, Comfort."

Cons: "Can be thirsty but it's a full size truck!"

"My sixth truck and it's my favorite by far. I love the engine and six speed tranny combo, it's always in the correct gear. Loads of power and quiet, comfortable for even a long drive. I've had four adult and a car seat with baby in the double cab, and nobody complained. Doors open wide, windows all go all the way down. Soft drop tailgate and standard backup camera are awesome. I read pro reviews of bad mileage, but I find the more I drive, the better my mileage gets. (14-15 city, and 18.5-19 US MPG hwy at under 70mph, 12-13L/100km). The throttle is sensitive to aggresive inputs and you will burn lots of gas if you have a heavy foot, but it is reasonable if you drive efficiently. I look foreword to driving it every day- a real pleasure!"

Great Truck

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Need diesel option"

"Only have had a few issues with this truck. Main control chip for the engine went bad due to flex fuel problem. It was fixed and haven't had a problem since. Great truck wish they had a diesel option. Will buy this model again hope they keep building and improving on this platform."

Most reliable truck I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"My second tundra. The most reliable and practically maintenance free truck I have ever owned and I have owned more than ten trucks within the past 18 years.."