• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

Based on 924 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Strong, solid, reliable

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Reliability,looks"

Cons: "timing chain,spare tire,"

"Only problem in 8years is radio volumn control wouldn't turn down but fiddling with it for a few minutes got it back. My biggest beef for this model year, I later found out that it has non-metal timing chain that has to be replaced at 9 yrs or 90,000mls. Heck, my '97 Saturn has a metal timing chain! Still running after 187,000 miles. I understand they have since come to their senses in the later model years. Battery held up for 7 years, second set of tires, everything else is NOS."

Comfortable and Reliable

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, smooth, power, maintenance, looks"

Cons: "gas, no rear air, no rear window roll down"

"The seats, dash, control knobs, etc. are all oversize to provide comfort for larger men. The engine, while not getting the best gas mileage, is strong and confident in any situation. Transmission is very smooth. I have had zero issues with this truck; it is very well made. My only complaints with the doublecab - 1. no backseat air, and 2. Rear window doesn't roll down. Of course you can pony up for the crewmax to get those options."

Truly is a pleasure to own and drive

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Looks, Power, Just simply a pleasure"

Cons: "You lose 1 foot in the bed to get huge back seat"

"I traded in a Tundra Double Cab that was only 3 years old to get the CrewMax and was shocked that the new 5.7 engine actually got better gas mileage than the 4.6 in the 3 year old Tundra! Beyond that the comfort level was above my expectations as my 2011 Tundra drove like a truck feeling every little bump, but the new CrewMax is smooth while still delivering on all the features we love about Trucks! It is nice to know that I can feel secure and safe in this vehicle for the next decade as the quality is top notch and the reliability is off the charts. Great Truck and will never own any other Brand."

My 2nd Toyota Tundra

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "comfortable ride"

Cons: "bad gas milage and front seat problems"

"This is my 2nd Tundra. I always loved these trucks until I bought this new 2014 Tundra SR5 Texas Edition. I don't like the drivers seat. I can't get it to move forward without getting out of my truck. I was told that this is a new safety feature. If so then they need to rethink that design."

The Best Half Ton Made Today

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and runs perfect all the time"

"This is the 15th new pickup I have owned. It is my first Toyota truck, the 2014 Crewmax Limited 4x4 with TRD. No question this is by far the best pickup yet. I will not go back to Ford or GM again. This truck runs perfect all the time in any weather, Love it!"

great towing power

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable"

Cons: "has cup holders"

"I would give it a high rating. it has served me very well in my business now retired"

MY 3RD TOYOTA TRUCK WOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

"PULLS ANYTHING YOU NEED TO TOW LIKE A CHAMP, DOES GREAT IN THE MUD, RIDES GREAT FOR A TRUCK AND IS RELIABLE AND FUN TO DRIVE!"

best value

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "sturdy and reliable."

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"Would not have any other brand. I have owned them all. Should have got the 5.7 engine instead of the 4.6."

visibility is bad

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "power, transmission, brakes"

Cons: "can't see, unsafe, have to be on your toes."

"Transmission and engine are awesome. Reliability has been terrific. Visibility is the worst feature of the vehicle and has not been improved over the years. Blind spots in the front side, blind spots on the side rear! Many, many close calls. Have to be very careful driving, beyond reasonable. Does any job asked of it - hauls horses with ease, pulls trailers and stops as advertised. Smooth transmission, easy on tires. Fabric on seats does not hold up. Controls easy to use, well placed,"

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, spacious, feels like a truck"

Cons: "MPG"

"My employment over the last decade has afforded me the opportunity to drive a lot of trucks made by the big 3. The Toyota Tundra beats them all, hands down. This truck has a smooth ride on the highway, but feels like a real truck when off road. Yes, the suspension is stiffer than a car, but what do you expect? It's a truck and I like the fact that it feels like a truck. If I wanted to ride in a car, I would have bought a car. The cabin is cavernous...lots of room. Even with the double cab. The 6'6" bed is roomy and has so far handled all cargo I've thrown at it. The bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone is a nice touch as well as I can take phone calls through the stereo system. The truck I bought was the base model with the 5.7 V8, so I have all the amenities I want without the fluff I don't want. The engine is hella-powerful, which means that this thing sucks down gasoline. Keep your foot off the floor, and you'll probably get around 16 or 17 mpg, but that's it. Again, no biggie for me because I only use this thing when I need a truck to do work. In short, if you are looking for a powerful, spacious, comfortable TRUCK so that you can HAUL CARGO or get WORK done, this thing beats Chevy, Ford and Dodge every time in my opinion. If you want a cushy riding commuter car, go buy a car, because this is not the vehicle for you."