• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

Based on 964 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Outstanding truck - physical problem forces sale

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "Wonderful to drive, comfortable front buckets,"

Cons: "Tall, steps needed"

"Perfect condition, black on black with 20" custom tires and black wheels. Matching black camper shell over coated bed, bed has numerous tie downs. Fog lights, lights power off, daytime running lights. Drop down beauty mirrors that are illuminated. Garage door openers, auto dimming mirror. Multiple cup holders. Center panel large enough for small cooler.Dual oil cooler for 6 sped transmission. 5.7 engine with flex fuel. Rear view mirror, powered mirrors and windows including rear window which can be lowered completely. Powered drivers seat, rear seat adjusts manually and has fold down arm rest and cup holder. MP3 input, CD, radio, Bluetooth, Sirius. Front headlights have electronic up and down controls. Exceptionally clean, one owner actual mileage under 5000 miles. Big, black, powerful and like new."

Extremely Gorgeous Truck

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive,"

Cons: "Terrible in fuel consumption"

"Extremely Gorgeous Truck but not as they say in fuel efficient. the advertise city 14MPG. barely makes 10MPG even when it's new. HIghway never exceeded 13MPG. other than fuel issue one of the best in the market"

Excellent truck, performance and ride a great.

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Price, resale value, great ride and performance."

Cons: "No heavy duty options."

"This is my second Tundra and both have been exceptional vehicles. Performance is excellent, I tow an enclosed trailer and utility trailers; the vehicle has no problems with trailering on steep hills and handles heavy trailering loads without any problems. The ride is excellent and I have experienced no problems with either of the two Tundra's owned. The gas mileage is satisfactory, of course I would like better mileage, but with 381 horsepower you can't have everything. I would recommend the Tundra for towing up to about 11,000 lbs. Hopefully Toyota will follow Nissan's lead and consider a diesel motor and it would be nice to have options for a 3/4 ton or even heavier trucks. Performs more like a 3/4 ton truck than a 1/2 ton."

Great work truck

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful and comfortable ride."

Cons: "Extra long bed is difficult to park some places."

"This Tundra has it all. Extra long (8 foot) bed will hold full sheets of plywood with the tailgate closed. Snugtop cap in matching color (Cobalt Blue or Blue Ribbon paint). Crew max four door cab with premium sound system with in dash multi CD changer and JBL speakers. Front and rear parking warning system (Sonar). Very clean inside and out, runs great, lots of power in the 5.7 L V8 engine. Receiver hitch and tow package. A beast of a work truck!"

Great truck with very few minor issues

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Great in the back country, great visibility,"

Cons: "Poor mileage, noisy suspension"

"I'm surprised Toyota can't get better mileage out of a Tundra today. Their local dealership is outstanding in all areas of service and other brands of vehicles should take lessons. I love the Toyota brand and 3 of my 4 immediate family members drive them. These should exceed 20 mpg and I hope Toyota gets this improved very quickly."

Tundra Crew Max Limited TRD

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "its all personel taste"

"I had 2 Sequoias a 2008/2010 Platinum's and this Tundra an Excellent truck. I am in my 58th new vehicle, I enjoy driving this more than my Mercedes ,Smooth and quiet very comfortable, very powerful. I went to the car show to see all the trucks and I had to get a 2013 Toyota instead of a 14 due to the body style change ,they lost me on that one ,If I wanted a gm I would have got one"

Excellent interior design

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Dependability, easy access controls"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Only downside is the gas mileage, but what do you expect from a large, powerful full size truck. I love how convenient the interior controls are to reach and adjust. And you cannot beat that Toyota dependability. Great vehicle!"

Seriously great!

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, turning radius, towing, visibility, power"

Cons: "Bump rear window control button with knee."

"This Crewmax has exceeded my expectations. A daily driver over my wifes car. A 10,000 lb camp trailer hauler in steep terrain without a single hesitation. Bench seating for six people on several 1,500 mile trips was just fine. Gas mileage is 15 to 17 year around. Back country muddy roads are no problem. Visibility is great and the back up camera makes for hooking up a breeze. The turning radius impresses everyone that rides with me. I would buy another one if anything happens to my truck."

Don't buy!

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Starts!"

Cons: "Bad exhaust drone!"

"My truck came with a horrible exhaust drone. Have spent over $500 to date to help eliminate the drone. Was giving me migraines and nausea. Dealer said they were all like this so Toyota did not see it as a problem. Told me to go away and not come back. Toyota knows about the problem. Have told over 30 people not to buy a Tundra. Next thing to do to deal with drone is sound absorbing undercoat or trade in and take a bath on the trade in. Again, don't buy a Tundra. Last note, cup holders won't hold a regular coffee cup, only tapered coffee mugs."

Solid Choice for consumer looking for reliability

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "15 Cup Holders, Sounds Great, Chicks Dig It"

Cons: "Large Trailer Hitch, Size around town, Gas Guzzler"

"I have had this truck for 5 months now, and put roughly 8000 miles on it. I have taken it on 300 mile road trips and around town. It does great on the highway, however gas mileage drastically decreases from 55 to 70 MPH. Around town, the 5.7 Liter V8 is quick off the line. After towing a 4500 lb. boat around (more than 3,000 more than the limit), the truck showed no fatigue or problem. It did struggle, but that should be expected after nearly quadrupling the max. towing. The hitch receiver is very large, and I had to buy an extra large locking pin in order for it to fit. However Toyota has placed the connections for trailer lights above integrated into the bumper as to not rip out cords when you are off roading and rocks are hitting your bumper. The Limited interior is well laid out, providing lots of leather and wood trim. And holy cow! The back seats are massive! My 6'7" 270 pound uncle fits in the back no problem at all! The legroom is incredible. One thing to improve on in the back is that the air conditioning takes a while to reach all the way back, as there is only one small vent for all three back seats while there are 4 vents for the front seats. The rear seats fold up, and the large back door allows you to easily take in and out large, heavy objects. One thing that I wish toyota had put on the truck is an under hood light, as that would have significantly increased the ease of checking your engine (as if you were to ever break down - this truck doesn't do that) at night. The adjustable headlights allow you to not blind the driver in front of you at night when you have 4500 pounds of weight dragging the back end down. The humongous center console could hold a small adult inside of it, and has a charging port inside. The entune navigation system is very user friendly and easily allows you to input destinations, change radio stations, and change vehicle settings. The refreshed exterior is tasteful, but does not show off. The tailgate of the truck is a easy lift and lower tailgate, and you can take if off in 45 seconds. I've timed myself :-). Cup Holders are in no short supply - there are 15 of them. Everything is removable from the truck with some basic tools, so you can add accessories and clean certain bits. I have taken the front and rear seats out several times already to clean the interor of the truck really well. The rear power sliding window (by the way, it it the whole window that slides down, not just a small square of window) drastically improves the airflow through the truck when the windows are down. Despite all the upsides, it is a bit of a lumber bus around town since it is as wide as is legal in the US and is plenty long with the crew cab. Bottom line, I would absolutely reccommend this truck to anyone and would buy it again in a heartbeat. Not to mention, I can run it to ten million miles with just oil changes because its a Toyota!"