• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

Based on 950 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Excellent truck

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Powerfull, Great ride"

Cons: "MPG. But was not my conern on a truck."

"This is my second pick up truck. The first one was a Ford, good truck but had to trade it in for a family car. I was in the market for a pick up truck again in 2011 and my first instinct was to go with Ford. Fortunately, Ford did not have what I wanted (low inventory). Went to test drive the Tundra and was quite surprised at the ride. I decided this was the truck I want and closed the deal."

greaaaat vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"I bought it new and never had to take it back to the dealer for anything, Love it. Wish they built a 3/4 ton HD."

Great truck, but a couple of concerns

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"I bought the Tundra new and have enjoyed driving it. I use it mostly for commuting, but it has seen plenty of use hauling lumber, drywall, dirt and gravel. The truck still looks great after six years and I plan on keeping it for several more years. Here are the low points/concerns: 1. Front brake discs look sturdy, but they still warped after only 22,000 miles. I had them turned and installed new pads, but that only bought me another 10,000 miles. I upgraded to after market, grooved rotors and get better braking performance with no issues after almost 30,000 miles of use 2. Front bearings rusted and needed replacing at about 45000 miles. The dealer did the work for free, but COME ON TOYOTA, what gives? 3. Seems to be a frequent issue in that the Anti Pollution pump failed at 55,000 miles. Once more, the dealer did the work free of charge; good thing because the darn parts cost about $2000. Things like the bearings and the pump concern me about keeping the vehicle for the long term as they're now out of warranty, but I'm going to stick with the truck for now"

Powerhouse

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Power and Torque"

Cons: "Feeding the kitty"

"This is a strong truck and not for little girls. A lot of torque and 381 horses to match. Don't be fooled, it likes to drink (gasoline) but if you want power, comfort, reliability, and power (I know I said it twice), this is a truck for you. Be careful; black, scratches easily and shows dirt readily, but it is beautiful when it is clean and freshly waxed. This truck rides well and is comfortable in the two front bucket seats. The radio (JBL) cranks and the memory stick interface lets you put your own music into the system seamlessly (on a memory stick- MP3). The back seating area has plenty of room (even at 6'5) and your knees don't touch the back of the front seat."

First truck and best truck I have owned

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "price was right"

"Exceeded all expectations. Retired and purchased to haul boat and fishing kayak. Enough power, adequate gas mileage towing."

Good value + It is a Toyota .

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

"This is my third Tundra. Previous Years 2006 Limited 4x4, 2008 SR5 Double Cab and the current 2012 4x4 limited that forms the basis for this review. I will start with the few items that are negatives for me. 1.) Gas Mileage is not that great app. 16-18 on the freeway on average freeway commute 40 miles which translates to about an 90 minutes for a 40 mile commute. 60 mph no traffic app. 19-20 mpg. I knew in advance about the gas mileage so I should not complain but something to consider with the 5.7 motor. 2.) It is a big truck and wide so city driving and parking can be a challenge, but when is it not. 3.) Rear shocks seemed to wear somewhat sooner than one would expect. Would I purchase the same truck again ? . No question about it I would and I am sure my next truck will be a Toyota Tundra. The truck rides and handles very well, plenty of room and all the features I could wish for. Looks great and very comfortable and I have had a lot of positive feedback about the truck. For me perhaps the number one consideration for my purchase was reliability and I have owned Toyota's for 23 years and guess what I have never had (1) mechanical problem. Routine maintenance, battery here and there brakes, etc, etc, . But, I know when I put the key in the ignition it will start and 23 years of reliable trouble free driving has been pretty nice. Thanks Toyota."

Best Vehicle I ever owned!!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Handing, 23 MPG with the 4.0 V6, Love It!"

Cons: "Computer Readout, Placement, No Rear Seat Vents."

"In six years of ownership, with 49k miles on the clock... And, No Repairs Of Any Kind..! One Battery, and one set of Tires, Oil & Filter changes, and one change of Engine Coolant... I could not be Happier! There are only a few minor design & comfort issues to mention: The Computer display, on the top, center of the dash, is very difficult too read, in Daylight... All Buttons, Switches, and Dials, should be illuminated, they are not! And, All Double & Crew Cabs, should have rear seat Heating-A/C Vents/Controls, Please!"

Beast of a Truck 2012 Tundra double cab limited

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Payload and Reliability"

Cons: "N/A"

"I've owned toyota vehicles starting in the 80s. I'm extremely loyal to the brand mainly because they just work and work and work... I've owned 3 4runners prior to buying my first pickup truck. My initial observations are, its big, its richly appointed and its a growling beast. the 5.7 i think is a must if you buy this truck. The ride is very good however I've been in some Chevy's that may ride a little softer. The limited trim is really nice and the sound system might shake some nuts loose. You pay a premium when you buy a vehicle of this pedigree. However the quality you receive is unmatched in my humble opinion. BTW, I never rate anything a 10 (with the exemption of toyota reliability), but this truck is a solid 9"

Smoother than the Benz!

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Smoothest ride ever, powerful truck!"

Cons: "Gas mileage 13.9mpg, blind spots,"

Sharp 2012 Tundra

"I have had this truck 2.5 years. I have not spent 1 penny on repairs. The truck is the smoothest riding vehicle I have ever owned. Very quiet cab. Every option you could ever imagine. Built tough, pulls great, 4 wheel drive is very powerful with my 5.7 engine..wow. I like the back window that goes up & down the best..."

Sharp 2012 Tundra

Best truck I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Strong, powerful and comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I only wish it got better gas mileage but I can't complain about the power and comfort. If they ever bring out a diesel I'll buy it."