• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

Based on 918 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

MY 3RD TOYOTA TRUCK WOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

"PULLS ANYTHING YOU NEED TO TOW LIKE A CHAMP, DOES GREAT IN THE MUD, RIDES GREAT FOR A TRUCK AND IS RELIABLE AND FUN TO DRIVE!"

best value

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "sturdy and reliable."

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"Would not have any other brand. I have owned them all. Should have got the 5.7 engine instead of the 4.6."

visibility is bad

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "power, transmission, brakes"

Cons: "can't see, unsafe, have to be on your toes."

"Transmission and engine are awesome. Reliability has been terrific. Visibility is the worst feature of the vehicle and has not been improved over the years. Blind spots in the front side, blind spots on the side rear! Many, many close calls. Have to be very careful driving, beyond reasonable. Does any job asked of it - hauls horses with ease, pulls trailers and stops as advertised. Smooth transmission, easy on tires. Fabric on seats does not hold up. Controls easy to use, well placed,"

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, spacious, feels like a truck"

Cons: "MPG"

"My employment over the last decade has afforded me the opportunity to drive a lot of trucks made by the big 3. The Toyota Tundra beats them all, hands down. This truck has a smooth ride on the highway, but feels like a real truck when off road. Yes, the suspension is stiffer than a car, but what do you expect? It's a truck and I like the fact that it feels like a truck. If I wanted to ride in a car, I would have bought a car. The cabin is cavernous...lots of room. Even with the double cab. The 6'6" bed is roomy and has so far handled all cargo I've thrown at it. The bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone is a nice touch as well as I can take phone calls through the stereo system. The truck I bought was the base model with the 5.7 V8, so I have all the amenities I want without the fluff I don't want. The engine is hella-powerful, which means that this thing sucks down gasoline. Keep your foot off the floor, and you'll probably get around 16 or 17 mpg, but that's it. Again, no biggie for me because I only use this thing when I need a truck to do work. In short, if you are looking for a powerful, spacious, comfortable TRUCK so that you can HAUL CARGO or get WORK done, this thing beats Chevy, Ford and Dodge every time in my opinion. If you want a cushy riding commuter car, go buy a car, because this is not the vehicle for you."

Would not purchase again.

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Cons: "Mpg, rough ride, can not sync phone contacts."

"Very disappointed, Toyota has a lot of improvements to do. Starting with fuel mileage, not near what they claim. Average 13 mpg all winter, less with snowmobile trailer in tow. 15 mpg rest of the time."

See if you qualify for