• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2006 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1214 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Very handy to have around

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Nice drive, handles well, has plenty of power."

Cons: "Rear seat is not really suitable for passengers."

"I enjoy driving this vehicle. It is handy as a commuter and as a work vehicle. The rear seat is handy to carry a couple of people or tools and stuff. I have gotten about 19 mpg out of this big V8 with conservative driving habits. Suspension need to be beefed up if you plan to carry much or tow camp trailer or loaded utility trailer. Adding overload or air ride shocks would be a good idea. I have long legs so seating behind the driver is limited to small individuals or children. Overall this is a great ride."

Perfect for your weekend adventures!

By on Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pros: "power rear window, suspention, six person seating."

Cons: "mileage. but not bad enough to stop this smile."

"I have only put 1,000 miles since purchasing my '06 4wd sr5. But each mile has been the most comfertable ive ever driven. Strats and runs like a champ. When you hit the throttle you can here and feel its humble power. Like a cloud on the dirt and silent on the black top. This is my first toyota but im sure it wont be the last. Besides shes just broken in. Still has tons of life and adventure ahaed. GET ONE!"

Best Truck Toyota ever made.

By on Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pros: "All Good"

Cons: "No Bads"

"Very best truck i have ever owned. never had a serious problem. Put gas and oil in it and it will run FOREVER."

4th one owned

By on Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, Powerful & Roomy"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I have owned 4 Toyota Tundra over 19 year span. This is by far my favorite truck. I had a newer model, newer body style and it just does not compare to my 2005! Love the older body style because it is easier for me to maneuver. The newer version seemed longer to me. My 2005 is roomy and both my kids ride comfortable in the back. Reliable and powerful! Love my Toyota! Don't buy this if you are looking for a gas saver. This is a strong V8 and it uses gas! This is a fantastic truck. I take care of my truck, service it regularly at the dealer and it never lets me down."

Excellent mechanical condition

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

"Excellent condition overall with the exception of body work and bumper replacements"

2nd best vehicle I have owned, after my 1996 4Run

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, rides great, quiet"

"2nd best vehicle I have owned after my 1996 4Runner. This truck has never failed me, other than 2 flat tires. It is really an outstanding truck, rides great, very quiet in the cab, no major maintenance problems other than just what Toyota scheduled."

Best vehicle I've ever owned, hands down.

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "RELIABLE TO THE MAX"

Cons: "NONE"

"Reliable, never had any problems, everything still works. Have replaced timing belt and water cooler and of course tires. Regular maintenance. Some interesting values here, both trade in and sell private. Wouldn't part with it for either value given, to low by at least 3K. Have seen vehicles very much like mine in all respects on preowned lots in NC for 17K/18K, same milage, condition, model, etc."

Toyota really knows trucks!!!

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "It rides better than a Cadillac!!!"

Cons: "Interior driver's door handle is broken."

"The Toyota Tundra is the very best vehicle that I've ever owned. It is now 16 years old with 193000 miles on it and I've never had a problem with it. The A/C works just fine, too. If I had the money right now, I'd certainly buy another one."

Solid truck, so-so gas mileage

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "MPG not so good"

"This trucks runs like the day I bought it - great! The gas mileage has always been so-so at best. There are 8 cylinder trucks that do better. Also has had a few factory recalls, an issue with the Check Engine light (resolved)and has a few dings and scratches. Very comfortable to drive and passenger seating is comfortable too. When washed and waxed, it looks nearly new. The interior does show some wear and tear, but certainly not ripped up. It pulls a 22' boat with no problem and handles heavy loads to the dump. It has been a good truck."

Last toyota for me

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "Still thinking... Power rear window...?"

Cons: "Poor overall design"

"About six months ago I took the pickup into the local dealership for the frame check recall (they claimed it was not bad enough to replace and sprayed it). Soon after I got it back the rear banjo started to weep (rust). Found out this is not a "safety" issue and Toyota will not do anything for you, so I will have to cough up $800-$1000 for a used axle at junk yard (labor NOT included). Observed the mileage has been slowly dropping (about 4mpg over the past 6-8 months) and the shifter is VERY stiff. Today at just over 140000 miles the check engine light has come on. (O2 sensor? Shifter? Need to read the code.) So far have experienced: - Poor corporate/dealer support - Large blind spots - Engine races when A/C kicks on (better be quick on the brake) - More and more rust issues - Poor dash/switch layout and lighting - Poorly designed e-brake system - Catalytic converter shrouds came loose - Shifter is getting very stiff - Has had a "thud" when taking off from a stop since it was new (have heard it is because there is no grease fitting on the drive-shaft slip-joint) This is not what I expected when I bought this unit, I won't buy another Toyota, ready to buy US again."