2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1228 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Toyota Tundra

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I have absolutely loved this truck since buying in 2004. However, I go back and forth as far as recommending to a friend for purchase due to the problems with the brakes that Tundra's are apparently known for. Repeated trips to the dealership and lack of response on Toyota's behalf have left me with a bad feeling towards ever purchasing another Toyota - something I never thought I'd say. Low Quality rated simply due to the brakes. All else has been fine."

Solid

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Been a great truck, reliable, comfortable, good power, does not drive like a cumbersome truck. However it is NOT a full size pick-up truck and as such if you are a large person it may not be your size. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs and it is fine for me. It does get worse gas milage than your would expect given its size. I average almost 14 MPG and have never gotten anything close to its listed 16 MPG city even on HWY and that is even afte adding a cold air intake from K&N. Runs much better on mid grade gas, tends to get pingy on the cheap stuff."

06 Tundra

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Great overall truck. Big Engine, not so heavy truck= very fast. i'm in a lease so i cant put any mods on yet, just the duals i got on the exhuast. it performs well off-road to. I am from WV, so i do alot of off-road driving. only a couple problems i noticed. as with all trucks its ahrd to get traction without weight in the back. the other, the stepside bed doesnt tow as much as the regular bed. of course both with all kinds of trucks, not just toyota. some good things, the engine isnt built into the dashboard, like the new fords. lots of space around the engine, not very foreign design. another great feature, the gas mileage. its incredible for a 4.7 v8 truck."

Best truck I have ever owned

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "reliable, awesome in the snow with 4wd."

Cons: "cheek heater button isn't in a great location"

"I have owned a couple of the big 3 trucks and this Tundra rides the best, pulls trailers just fine, and seats all 5 of us very comfortablly. On road trips its very nice to be able to have our music up front while the kids have ample space and can watch a dvd in the back with the wireless headphones. We love the power sliding window that drops down coupled with the sunroof open and all 4 windows down, it feels like a convertible that is safe. I average 18mpgs. Easy to do maint. and just did the easiest brake job I have ever done. Took about an hour. Rides like a Tahoe or the Seqoia. Very sure footed. Not a big powerhouse towing machine, but for everyday use and occasional heavy stuff in the back with the ability to be very comfortable upfront we just can't ask for much more."

Unbelievable reliability Gets us home safe.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Fast truck fun to drive comfortable and reliable."

Cons: "Gas millage turning radius it's a truck."

"Purchased this truck used in 2007 with 117,000 miles on it now I have 197,000 we use it on weekends to do Art shows all over the State of fl.I can not say enough about how happy I am with this truck .All I have done is timing belt, radiator,Tires,brakes.I will get 300,000 on this truck and maybe more.I trust this truck and would drive it anywhere."