• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1177 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Best ruck I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

"I bought this 2002 Tundra new and have driven all 212,000 miles on this truck. I will replace it with another Tundra when the time comes."

I have bought 5 NEW Toyota TRUCKS since 1999.

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, legroom, and with a 4:10 rear end - SPEED"

Cons: "Legroom??"

"Only problem - LEG ROOM - 3 foot inseam - that's 36 inches! Have to BUY comfort. I only drive 45,000 to 50,000 miles a YEAR! All trucks were NEW, and I have enjoyed every MILE! Looking at the new Highlander(?) Wife has 2011, but no leg- room. They don't get good gas mileage, BUT WHAT RESALE!!!!!"

Best vehicle (including cars) ever.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Solid, comfy, reliable, powerful, dependable."

Cons: "Brakes shudder. Suicide doors awkward."

"I have been the sole owner of this vehicle; it was purchased brand new. The ride is that of a luxury car (my 80-year old mother says it's the most comfortable vehicle in which she has ever ridden). The interior is quiet and spacious. The suspension is rock-solid--despite having driven it off road, I've only had to have one wheel alignment in 14 years. It drives like a luxury car as well. The engine is solid and provides great torque for passing and towing, but it's not the worst gas mileage: 19 hwy and 11 city. It has never broken down on me, but of course I take great care of it like the jewel it is. I've only had to put oil, brakes, and tires on it. It has never leaked a drop of fluid. For preventive maintenance, I replaced the timing belt and water pump at 100K miles. I've only had two issues with it. The first and only significant one is that there is something wrong with the brake design. I'm told it's due to having put rotors on the vehicle which are too small for the truck; after a while the rotors warp due to excessive heat and the brakes can shudder badly. (But they still work fine.). When I replaced the breaks I had them put larger, ventilated rotors on and that helped a lot until the wear got below 75%, then the shuddering started again--less strongly, but still quite noticeably. But I have never had a safety issue with the brakes, even in emergency situations. The second issue is the suicide doors. They are awkward in a parking lot because the front door has to be opened before the back door can be opened. Tough when you have a car next to you, and makes it difficult to load a person or a dog into the back seat. But I solve this problem by parking away from other cars. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker. I just can't say enough about my Tundra. It is simply the best vehicle I've ever owned. All cars & trucks should be made like this!!! The only reason I will ever get rid of it is if I , my mom, or my dog can no longer step up and down to get in or out of it."

They don't make them like this anymore

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliable! Very Reliable!"

Cons: "I've found none"

"I bought my Tundra brand new in 2000, and not one single day have I had any problems out of it. I'm a firm believer in keeping the required maintenance current on all of my vehicles. I've been more than pleased with my Tundra, which has never let me down. I actually believe I could get another 100K miles out of my Tundra. The motor is clean and it doesn't leak oil and have never had any problems with the transmission. Like I've said before, they don't make them like this anymore."

Outstanding vehicle.

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, durable and relatively trouble free."

Cons: "It's a light duty truck tho not a problem for me"

"All things mechanical should perform as well as this truck. I just completed my 180,000 mile maintenance schedule and expect the truck to be as trouble free for the next 50,000 as it was in the past. Mostly I just keep up with oil changes and replace normal wear items like batteries, tires and wiper blades. It has the 4.7 litre V-8 and delivers 20mpg on the road so long as I keep it under 65. It does everything I want it to do and isn't bankrupting me in the process"

Clean, one driver only, no smoking ever

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable. Never a problem."

"Tires rotated every 5,000 miles. Oil and filter changed every 5000 miles. New timing belt."

Will never buy anything else

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

"Truck has 214000 mile and still going strong best truck I have ever owned for dependability and durability"

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"My 2005 Tundra has been a great truck. With 223,000 miles i have never had any problems with it. On the open road this truck rides GREAT."

Best Car I've ever owned

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Rides like a limo, works like a truck"

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"I'm am the first owner of this truck. It is comfortable, powerful, safe and good looking. I've driven it off road for camping and on highway. It does great in both arenas. I like the older style much more than the newer Tundras which, in my opinion, look a lot like American trucks. It's a Toyota through and through. My only complaint is the gas mileage. But it is a V8 32 valve engine so I don't have much to complain about."

excellent value

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "comfortable practical easy to drive well appointed"

Cons: "milage down shifts to soon when passing"

"Good dealer support fun to drive quality throughout"