2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1228 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

great vehicle, great value, works hard.

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Durable, costs very little to operate."

Cons: "Nothing flashy, but it's a great work horse."

"My employees have abused this truck and it just keeps on running. The body is beat, because we plow snow with it the front shocks, struts and ball joints are beat, but it won't quit. I've decided to retire it and fix it up. I'll probably run it another 100,000 miles."

Tundra excellance

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Owned this Tundra for 5 years and it is without exception the best vehicle without a doubt I have ever owned. Comfort, reliability, good performance and value. No real problems i can remember to think of, it has never been back to the garage for anything but regular service. I extimate this truck will easly hit 250K miles before it is replaced. The 4.7 liter engine gets 17 mpg around town 19 on the highway at 65mph. 10+ mpg pulling a 6500lb travel trailer at 60mph. I included mpg info because I think it will help folks to know it. I do drive lightly on the gas pedel so others may not do as well."

Disappointed

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"Purchased new in 2000. It now has 148,000 miles. At 60,000 miles both exhaust manifolds cracked. Not covered under warranty. $2000 to fix and I was told it may happen again. Rear brake drums warped, not covered under warranty. $300 to replace. Warped again, replaced with Auto value drums- problem solved, Gas gage failed $500 to replace. Bilstein shocks failed. Replaced with Auto value shocks still good at 148,000 miles. Starter needed to be replaced at 100,000 miles. No complaint, that is a lot of starts. But it cost $765 to replace and took 7 1/2 hours. No repair shop dared to do the job. Had to have dealer replace it. Because of an unforseen relocation, after I purchased the truck, it has not had to haul nor tow anything. I am sure not hard on it as far as driving it. I am disappointed with the type of failures it has had. I bought a Toyota expecting the quality to be better. The engine has run very well-it still uses no oil, the truck drives very well. Perhaps I just got one that is not typical. Ignore the styling rating, it is the absolute last thing I care about a vehicle."

I love the '04-'06 Double Cab Tundras!

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Value, reliability, comfort, power, style"

Cons: "Poor (12-15 mpg), huge turning radius"

"I bought this '04 Tundra Limited (Double Cab) used in 2011 with only 41,000 miles for about $17,500. (Today with just 50,000 miles KBB still puts it significantly above that.) I love Toyota value, quality, and dependability (I own a 2007 Yaris, too, which just broke 100,000 miles without a single issue.)! Overall, the Tundra is powerful, smooth, comfortable (for ALL five passengers), stylish (aesthetics), and reliable. With the campershell, we love camping overnight in warmer weather. The only major downsides, which I knew upfront, are: the huge turning radius (not great in crowded parking lots) and poor MPG (12-15 mpg). Other than that, no regrets... except maybe all the hauling I end up doing for family and friends... Nah! That's a joy, too!"

AWESOME ! truck and I love it.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and Dependable"

Cons: "cost. With a long bed its hard to park."

"I have taken this truck over 4 summits in several winters with no chains or roads plowed and it's AWESOME ! BEST YEAR OF THE TUNDRAS EVER. NEVER A PROBLEM as long as you do the maintenance."