• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2005 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1206 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Great truck, perfectly sized, excellent power

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

"Bought my Tundra 7 years ago, have put about 52,000 miles more on it. Has been reliable other than some goofy fuel related failures: tank leak, gas cap that set off 'check engine' light, fuel rail leak. Has been a fantastic hauler of furniture, firewood, and occasional boat towing. Has fabulous power from short stroke V8, decent mileage (18mpg is a high average, low as 15 w mixed town and road). And I must say I still love the looks of my stepside, and it is perfectly sized. Not too small, not too big. Easy to park and manuever, never feel like I'm driving a big rig (like 80% of newer half tons.) Biggest complaint: The ride quality of my "TRD Sport" is just flat out rough though. Truck has developed some rattles as a result, and I even bought taller tires to help compensate. Gotten used to it, but new trucks ride like luxury cars by comparison. Love the Tundra, definitely a fan."

Great truck. Bought new and still love it!

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Bullet proof!"

"This is a Great truck! I bought it new in October of 2002 and it has been a joy to own! Never a problem in 12 years and it still looks and runs like new!"

Good truck, detail mechanics lacking.

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

"I like the truck. I have 95,000 on it. No major complaints. Ths only problem is attention to detail. Interior detail lacking quality. Many of the latches are broken. The HVAC knobs are broken and glued. Sear coming apart. Just not the quality (2006) of earlier Tundas."

love my tundra!

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "styling, comfort, power,ride, resale, fuel economy"

Cons: "expensive , smaller than other "full size" trucks"

"if you want a nice looking, reliable, tough, roomy , comfortable truck that rides smooth and will tow your average boat camper or trailer with your wife and kids then you found the right truck. its about 7/8 scale of a full size truck for the 2006 but it will hold its value better than any other truck out there except maybe a chevy or gmc. its easy (er) on the fuel than the others, too. its a great truck and I love mine!"

Love This Truck!!

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great Overall Vehicle, Worth Every Penny"

"I purchased my 2005 Toyota Tundra used with 177K miles almost seven years ago. This has been the best vehicle I've ever owned.It rides like a cadillac doesnt feel like most trucks, it's extremely comfortable! I love the power back glass it has came in handy a lot.It doesnt get the best gas mileage, but better than most trucks! I currently have 248K miles on the truck now and you would never be able to tell by the way it drives.I replaced timing belt when i purchased it only because I know its supposed to be done at 100K other that that ive had to replace the altinator once, battery once, and tires of course!This has been a great vehicle and I would purchase one again when this one has reached its lifespan but I feel that is going to be a while till that happens!"