2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1241 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

06 Tundra

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Great overall truck. Big Engine, not so heavy truck= very fast. i'm in a lease so i cant put any mods on yet, just the duals i got on the exhuast. it performs well off-road to. I am from WV, so i do alot of off-road driving. only a couple problems i noticed. as with all trucks its ahrd to get traction without weight in the back. the other, the stepside bed doesnt tow as much as the regular bed. of course both with all kinds of trucks, not just toyota. some good things, the engine isnt built into the dashboard, like the new fords. lots of space around the engine, not very foreign design. another great feature, the gas mileage. its incredible for a 4.7 v8 truck."

Excellent manuevability

By on Friday, June 10, 2016

Pros: "comfortable, good pick up and go."

"Driving my Tundra has been a pleasure the truck still drives like new, color has not faded shinny as a brand new penny when washed. I am short however seat adjust well to allow me to drive without any visual hindrance i.e. hood does not block view of road. I love being high up see road ahead clearly around other cars in front of me. The height is high so I installed running boards as step up to the driver seat. I love speed, this truck has gitty-up and go along side any other fast vehicles."

Everything you need and a bit of what you want.

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Power, Dependability, amenities"

Cons: "rear axle seals, stiff susspension, road noise"

"My 2000 Toyota Tundra has been worth every penny put into it over the last 8 years. It has been dependable as I have moved across the country and taken many a trip. The truck isn't outlandishly large like full size pick ups now a days, yet after all these years it still packs the power to squeal tires at the touch of a pedal. The dash a gauges are laid out in a fashion that allows you easy access without having to direct your attention away from the road. Handling is great and still crisp. The downsides are the rear axle seals burst every couple years and cost a couple hundred bucks to fix. The suspension is a bit stiff leaving small bumps jarring in their own right and the road noise is a bit loud. All in all, my Tundra has been worth every dollar spent and put in."

THE BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWN

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

"I bought my Tundra new in May 2003 with 15 miles on the odometer, ten year later now it has 107,754 miles, it still drives like it just came out of the showroom. It has comfortable ride, super smooth and quiet engine. There are no mechanical problems. I really recommend this truck to everyone."

Best ride

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, best driving"

Cons: "poor fuel mileage"

"The 2006 Tundra access cab 4X4 TRD is the best riding/handling truck I've ever driven. I'm sure that the TRD package has a lot to do with that, it will take speed bumps like they're not even there. The size of the truck is perfect for everyday driving and women will like it over larger trucks. The interior is very comfortable and all the controls are conveniently located. When they first came out with this model I did not like the rear suicide doors, now that I own one I love them. It allows you to access the rear of the cab without walking around a door. Since it is an access cab and not a crew cab the rear seating is more suited for packages rather than passengers. Unlike so many rack & pinion steering systems this truck steers easy and still has a feel for the road, the AC system is ice cold. A set of rear leaf springs were added to aid in towing and only seem to add to the handling. After six years of use, nothing has broken or fallen off, inside or out. The only issue with this truck is the fuel mileage, with the 4X4 package it only gets 12 mpg using E-10 87 octane, 10mpg pulling 4,000 lbs and 8mpg pulling 8,000 lbs. If you can get past the mileage this is the best most dependable truck on the market!"