• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2004 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1171 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Never have I owned such a reliable vehicle!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great power, quiet, extremely reliable, no rust"

"It's 13 years old now with 150,000 miles and I've replaced nothing but an oxygen sensor. Bought this truck new after having numerous recalls with my American built trucks. I've owned about 25 vehicles in my life of all brands, and this is hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. Oil level still on full and looks like the day you put it in after 5,000 miles. I haven't even replaced a light bulb! I also have two friends who have bought used Tundra's, and absolutely love them."

best vehicle ive ever owned

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "a little small"

"love my truck"

Out of six new cars/trucks this has been THE BEST!

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, drive and RELIABILITY!!!!"

Cons: "Gas mileage and turning radius"

"Gas mileage has not been the best but the quality of the build and the reliability of this truck are beyond any vehicle I've owned before and do make up for the mpg. I have 306000 miles on this truck and not a single drop of oil being burnt or left on anybody's driveway. It was not built with noisy mufflers and race car horsepower, just rock solid dependability with the good basic essentials. Great truck that is ten years old and going strong!"

Cannot compare

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE"

Cons: "WONT DIE SO I CAN BUY A NEW ONE"

"i have owned 7 toyotas and will never cheat on THE TOYOTA BRAND."

Best ruck I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Extremely reliable"

"I bought this 2002 Tundra new and have driven all 212,000 miles on this truck. I will replace it with another Tundra when the time comes."

I have bought 5 NEW Toyota TRUCKS since 1999.

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, legroom, and with a 4:10 rear end - SPEED"

Cons: "Legroom??"

"Only problem - LEG ROOM - 3 foot inseam - that's 36 inches! Have to BUY comfort. I only drive 45,000 to 50,000 miles a YEAR! All trucks were NEW, and I have enjoyed every MILE! Looking at the new Highlander(?) Wife has 2011, but no leg- room. They don't get good gas mileage, BUT WHAT RESALE!!!!!"

Best vehicle (including cars) ever.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Solid, comfy, reliable, powerful, dependable."

Cons: "Brakes shudder. Suicide doors awkward."

"I have been the sole owner of this vehicle; it was purchased brand new. The ride is that of a luxury car (my 80-year old mother says it's the most comfortable vehicle in which she has ever ridden). The interior is quiet and spacious. The suspension is rock-solid--despite having driven it off road, I've only had to have one wheel alignment in 14 years. It drives like a luxury car as well. The engine is solid and provides great torque for passing and towing, but it's not the worst gas mileage: 19 hwy and 11 city. It has never broken down on me, but of course I take great care of it like the jewel it is. I've only had to put oil, brakes, and tires on it. It has never leaked a drop of fluid. For preventive maintenance, I replaced the timing belt and water pump at 100K miles. I've only had two issues with it. The first and only significant one is that there is something wrong with the brake design. I'm told it's due to having put rotors on the vehicle which are too small for the truck; after a while the rotors warp due to excessive heat and the brakes can shudder badly. (But they still work fine.). When I replaced the breaks I had them put larger, ventilated rotors on and that helped a lot until the wear got below 75%, then the shuddering started again--less strongly, but still quite noticeably. But I have never had a safety issue with the brakes, even in emergency situations. The second issue is the suicide doors. They are awkward in a parking lot because the front door has to be opened before the back door can be opened. Tough when you have a car next to you, and makes it difficult to load a person or a dog into the back seat. But I solve this problem by parking away from other cars. Annoying, but not a deal-breaker. I just can't say enough about my Tundra. It is simply the best vehicle I've ever owned. All cars & trucks should be made like this!!! The only reason I will ever get rid of it is if I , my mom, or my dog can no longer step up and down to get in or out of it."

They don't make them like this anymore

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliable! Very Reliable!"

Cons: "I've found none"

"I bought my Tundra brand new in 2000, and not one single day have I had any problems out of it. I'm a firm believer in keeping the required maintenance current on all of my vehicles. I've been more than pleased with my Tundra, which has never let me down. I actually believe I could get another 100K miles out of my Tundra. The motor is clean and it doesn't leak oil and have never had any problems with the transmission. Like I've said before, they don't make them like this anymore."

Outstanding vehicle.

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, durable and relatively trouble free."

Cons: "It's a light duty truck tho not a problem for me"

"All things mechanical should perform as well as this truck. I just completed my 180,000 mile maintenance schedule and expect the truck to be as trouble free for the next 50,000 as it was in the past. Mostly I just keep up with oil changes and replace normal wear items like batteries, tires and wiper blades. It has the 4.7 litre V-8 and delivers 20mpg on the road so long as I keep it under 65. It does everything I want it to do and isn't bankrupting me in the process"

Clean, one driver only, no smoking ever

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Reliable. Never a problem."

"Tires rotated every 5,000 miles. Oil and filter changed every 5000 miles. New timing belt."

See if you qualify for