• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2003 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1218 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

great vehicle, great value, works hard.

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Durable, costs very little to operate."

Cons: "Nothing flashy, but it's a great work horse."

"My employees have abused this truck and it just keeps on running. The body is beat, because we plow snow with it the front shocks, struts and ball joints are beat, but it won't quit. I've decided to retire it and fix it up. I'll probably run it another 100,000 miles."

Best Truck and Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great off-road and in the snow."

"With 127,000 miles on this truck I have spent nothing on repairs - just maintenance. Runs like the day I bought it new. If Toyota had not ruined the design I would happily buy another one. Since they have ruined the design I will just keep this one forever and I am pretty confident it will last that long!"

2005 Tundra May Have Saved My Life

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Well built, few problems."

Cons: "Cruise control needs better placement"

"I had a collision at 55 mph with a commercial bobtail truck that rammed the left passenger door of my double-cab Tundra. My truck was thrown about 100', but I was able to walk away. Luck? Maybe, but I give credit to the structural integrity of the Tundra. I loved that truck and plan to buy another!"

Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "very reliable, great performance"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I have the 4.7 V8, access cab, 2 w/d with limited slip differential. The only engine cost other then oil and filter changes was oxiginator replacement. With 152k miles, it is still a very reliable truck - I had used the truck for several years for business that required to tow a trailer and off road driving. I was only stuck one time in mush in a customers back yard - great for towing, great performance, good ride, and the main thing - it has always been reliable and still is."

Wish i could buy another

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "A luxury car inside the cab of a truck"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This is the 4th toyota pickup and first full size I have ever owned. I have the 4 door top of the line limited edition. The extra cost was worth the extra pleasures. The truck has been fantastic and i would buy another BUT Toyota no longer makes its top of line 4 door pickup with a six foot cargo area. To get six feet you have to downgrade to the suicide door 4 door model. All you can get is 5 feet now which is a definite drag. Also, this truck is a luxury passenger car inside whereas the new trucks are more commercial style inside. The only negative is gas mileage which is 14 miles a gal no matter what you do to try and better it. While i keep it maintained well, it has never been in the shop for a repair. If you can live with the 14 miles per gal, then buy this truck."

Bulletproof

By on Saturday, April 03, 2010

"We have had this truck just over three years, I just did the front brakes at 167K and that's all I have done other than oil changes and rubber. Reliable and excellent cab in that it is quieter still than my friends with Chevy's that have under 40K on them. Plenty of power and I haven't met anything that I wanted to tow and couldn't. Only problem was it took a long time to find one used, that is usually a pretty good indicator of what you are getting, however we still drove five or six used ones and picked from that bunch."

GREAT!

By on Friday, October 30, 2009

"What i've found with my 2006 Toyota, is that it is by far one of thee most comfortable pickups i've ever driven! The 4.7 Liter V-8 is powerful and I can pull whatever I hook up too. The interior is very stylish"mainly because I chose the Limited Trim." Even the SR5 Trim package is very nice. Having the Double Cab is great. Finding room for people is NO problem. The ride of this pickup is outstanding. The suspension that Toyota offers in all of their Trucks dating back to the T-100 is outstanding. The Power rear window is a great feature for hauling and just for enjoying some fresh air. I have absolutely no complaints about any of the power features. I do wish Toyota would have offered the easy open tailgates in this year. It is a great truck for hauling, and it is an outstanding all around pickup truck. I recommend the 2006 Tundra to anyone looking for a serious truck that will be easy on gas, while keeping all your power. The Dual Overhead Cam set up is great for towing because of the RPM advantage. So what can I say, I give it 10 out of 10 stars!!! Thank you Toyota for this amazing truck! I hope my review was helpful to anyone."

Tundra excellance

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Owned this Tundra for 5 years and it is without exception the best vehicle without a doubt I have ever owned. Comfort, reliability, good performance and value. No real problems i can remember to think of, it has never been back to the garage for anything but regular service. I extimate this truck will easly hit 250K miles before it is replaced. The 4.7 liter engine gets 17 mpg around town 19 on the highway at 65mph. 10+ mpg pulling a 6500lb travel trailer at 60mph. I included mpg info because I think it will help folks to know it. I do drive lightly on the gas pedel so others may not do as well."

Disappointed

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"Purchased new in 2000. It now has 148,000 miles. At 60,000 miles both exhaust manifolds cracked. Not covered under warranty. $2000 to fix and I was told it may happen again. Rear brake drums warped, not covered under warranty. $300 to replace. Warped again, replaced with Auto value drums- problem solved, Gas gage failed $500 to replace. Bilstein shocks failed. Replaced with Auto value shocks still good at 148,000 miles. Starter needed to be replaced at 100,000 miles. No complaint, that is a lot of starts. But it cost $765 to replace and took 7 1/2 hours. No repair shop dared to do the job. Had to have dealer replace it. Because of an unforseen relocation, after I purchased the truck, it has not had to haul nor tow anything. I am sure not hard on it as far as driving it. I am disappointed with the type of failures it has had. I bought a Toyota expecting the quality to be better. The engine has run very well-it still uses no oil, the truck drives very well. Perhaps I just got one that is not typical. Ignore the styling rating, it is the absolute last thing I care about a vehicle."

Best Truck Toyota ever made.

By on Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pros: "All Good"

Cons: "No Bads"

"Very best truck i have ever owned. never had a serious problem. Put gas and oil in it and it will run FOREVER."