2002 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1240 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

great vehicle, great value, works hard.

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Durable, costs very little to operate."

Cons: "Nothing flashy, but it's a great work horse."

"My employees have abused this truck and it just keeps on running. The body is beat, because we plow snow with it the front shocks, struts and ball joints are beat, but it won't quit. I've decided to retire it and fix it up. I'll probably run it another 100,000 miles."

Disappointed

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"Purchased new in 2000. It now has 148,000 miles. At 60,000 miles both exhaust manifolds cracked. Not covered under warranty. $2000 to fix and I was told it may happen again. Rear brake drums warped, not covered under warranty. $300 to replace. Warped again, replaced with Auto value drums- problem solved, Gas gage failed $500 to replace. Bilstein shocks failed. Replaced with Auto value shocks still good at 148,000 miles. Starter needed to be replaced at 100,000 miles. No complaint, that is a lot of starts. But it cost $765 to replace and took 7 1/2 hours. No repair shop dared to do the job. Had to have dealer replace it. Because of an unforseen relocation, after I purchased the truck, it has not had to haul nor tow anything. I am sure not hard on it as far as driving it. I am disappointed with the type of failures it has had. I bought a Toyota expecting the quality to be better. The engine has run very well-it still uses no oil, the truck drives very well. Perhaps I just got one that is not typical. Ignore the styling rating, it is the absolute last thing I care about a vehicle."

03 Tundra SR5 Excab 4x4 V8 TRD

By on Thursday, July 03, 2008

"After 64K miles it has been 100% reliable. Turning radius is wide, but reasonable for fullsize truck. Rides smooth and quiet, great torque off the line. Very capable and confidence inspiring in snow and mud, but too wide and long for serious off roading. Mileage has ranged from a low of 15 MPG to a high of 19 MPG, and averages 17 MPG per tank. Only faults are a squeeky dash that is easily fixed, and the front seat could go a little farther back for anyone over 6' with long legs. Rear seats are tight for adults, but fine for typical city trips. Six adults will fit, if necessary. Great value."

Solid

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Been a great truck, reliable, comfortable, good power, does not drive like a cumbersome truck. However it is NOT a full size pick-up truck and as such if you are a large person it may not be your size. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs and it is fine for me. It does get worse gas milage than your would expect given its size. I average almost 14 MPG and have never gotten anything close to its listed 16 MPG city even on HWY and that is even afte adding a cold air intake from K&N. Runs much better on mid grade gas, tends to get pingy on the cheap stuff."

Absolutely the best truck I've ever owned.

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Light Duty will tow backhoe/bed capacity light"

2002 Tundra with 256,000 Miles - Still a sweet daily driver.

"This is absolutely the best truck I've ever owned, dependability-wise. I change the oil every 5K miles or so. I change the battery every 3 years when it dies. I add a fuel treatment every 3 gas fill-ups and that's about it. I bought this truck brand new in 2001 and now have over 250,000 miles. I'ts my daily driver, in fact, I just jumped in it and drove 160 miles, one way, to go hunting the day after Christmas. The kicker is, It still looks almost as good as it did the day after I bout it and put new Michelin tires on it. I still run on Michelins."

2002 Tundra with 256,000 Miles - Still a sweet daily driver.