2001 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1240 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

great vehicle, great value, works hard.

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Durable, costs very little to operate."

Cons: "Nothing flashy, but it's a great work horse."

"My employees have abused this truck and it just keeps on running. The body is beat, because we plow snow with it the front shocks, struts and ball joints are beat, but it won't quit. I've decided to retire it and fix it up. I'll probably run it another 100,000 miles."

Disappointed

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"Purchased new in 2000. It now has 148,000 miles. At 60,000 miles both exhaust manifolds cracked. Not covered under warranty. $2000 to fix and I was told it may happen again. Rear brake drums warped, not covered under warranty. $300 to replace. Warped again, replaced with Auto value drums- problem solved, Gas gage failed $500 to replace. Bilstein shocks failed. Replaced with Auto value shocks still good at 148,000 miles. Starter needed to be replaced at 100,000 miles. No complaint, that is a lot of starts. But it cost $765 to replace and took 7 1/2 hours. No repair shop dared to do the job. Had to have dealer replace it. Because of an unforseen relocation, after I purchased the truck, it has not had to haul nor tow anything. I am sure not hard on it as far as driving it. I am disappointed with the type of failures it has had. I bought a Toyota expecting the quality to be better. The engine has run very well-it still uses no oil, the truck drives very well. Perhaps I just got one that is not typical. Ignore the styling rating, it is the absolute last thing I care about a vehicle."

03 Tundra SR5 Excab 4x4 V8 TRD

By on Thursday, July 03, 2008

"After 64K miles it has been 100% reliable. Turning radius is wide, but reasonable for fullsize truck. Rides smooth and quiet, great torque off the line. Very capable and confidence inspiring in snow and mud, but too wide and long for serious off roading. Mileage has ranged from a low of 15 MPG to a high of 19 MPG, and averages 17 MPG per tank. Only faults are a squeeky dash that is easily fixed, and the front seat could go a little farther back for anyone over 6' with long legs. Rear seats are tight for adults, but fine for typical city trips. Six adults will fit, if necessary. Great value."

Solid

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Been a great truck, reliable, comfortable, good power, does not drive like a cumbersome truck. However it is NOT a full size pick-up truck and as such if you are a large person it may not be your size. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs and it is fine for me. It does get worse gas milage than your would expect given its size. I average almost 14 MPG and have never gotten anything close to its listed 16 MPG city even on HWY and that is even afte adding a cold air intake from K&N. Runs much better on mid grade gas, tends to get pingy on the cheap stuff."

Absolutely the best truck I've ever owned.

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Light Duty will tow backhoe/bed capacity light"

2002 Tundra with 256,000 Miles - Still a sweet daily driver.

"This is absolutely the best truck I've ever owned, dependability-wise. I change the oil every 5K miles or so. I change the battery every 3 years when it dies. I add a fuel treatment every 3 gas fill-ups and that's about it. I bought this truck brand new in 2001 and now have over 250,000 miles. I'ts my daily driver, in fact, I just jumped in it and drove 160 miles, one way, to go hunting the day after Christmas. The kicker is, It still looks almost as good as it did the day after I bout it and put new Michelin tires on it. I still run on Michelins."

2002 Tundra with 256,000 Miles - Still a sweet daily driver.

Best truck I have ever owned

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "reliable, awesome in the snow with 4wd."

Cons: "cheek heater button isn't in a great location"

"I have owned a couple of the big 3 trucks and this Tundra rides the best, pulls trailers just fine, and seats all 5 of us very comfortablly. On road trips its very nice to be able to have our music up front while the kids have ample space and can watch a dvd in the back with the wireless headphones. We love the power sliding window that drops down coupled with the sunroof open and all 4 windows down, it feels like a convertible that is safe. I average 18mpgs. Easy to do maint. and just did the easiest brake job I have ever done. Took about an hour. Rides like a Tahoe or the Seqoia. Very sure footed. Not a big powerhouse towing machine, but for everyday use and occasional heavy stuff in the back with the ability to be very comfortable upfront we just can't ask for much more."

Unbelievable reliability Gets us home safe.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Fast truck fun to drive comfortable and reliable."

Cons: "Gas millage turning radius it's a truck."

"Purchased this truck used in 2007 with 117,000 miles on it now I have 197,000 we use it on weekends to do Art shows all over the State of fl.I can not say enough about how happy I am with this truck .All I have done is timing belt, radiator,Tires,brakes.I will get 300,000 on this truck and maybe more.I trust this truck and would drive it anywhere."

AWESOME ! truck and I love it.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and Dependable"

Cons: "cost. With a long bed its hard to park."

"I have taken this truck over 4 summits in several winters with no chains or roads plowed and it's AWESOME ! BEST YEAR OF THE TUNDRAS EVER. NEVER A PROBLEM as long as you do the maintenance."

NEVER ANY PROBLEMS

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "? wish gas mileage little better"

"On my third toyota tundra had 200000 on a previous tundra still didnt burn a drop of oil with 200000 mi and it was used hard for work and plowing snow started every day never let me down had to do basic maintenance tires ect... the model years owned 2000,2004,2006 you can't go wrong with these trucks."

Great and reliable truck.

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "Good towing power, comfortable, RELIABLE!!"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"My 2004 Limited Tundra 4x4 has always been reliable and very comfortable for long distance drives. I bought it used and put almost 60k on it within four years and it still rides great. Just change the oil every 5k and the truck keeps on going. Only things I've replaced are tires and a battery. If your looking for a comfortable, reliable truck, with good towing power, then I'd highly recommend a Tundra."