2000 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1222 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

A vehicle thats does not need continual warranty k

By on Sunday, November 01, 2009

"I am glad GM dealership told me to go somewhere else if I wanted something dependable"

By on Monday, April 06, 2009

"Purchased this vehicle brand new in 2003. Never a problem, never a let down. Toyota quality enough said"

Best truck I ever owned

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Bought it used, 4yrs. old. Runs smooth as silk, no major mechanical issues yet. Very comfortable."

owned 2 yrs

By on Saturday, February 07, 2009

"Owned truck for 2 yrs now. Trade in value according to KBB is not what I felt it should be. When I check local dealers prices they seem much more in line. Came with the XSP package and a huge rebate. Only issue I have had was with the chrome side steps that were part of the package. They started to chip after 1 year but Toyota replaced both at no charge. Gas milage is horrible but I knew that when I bought it. Lots of room both front and back. 6"3" son in law fits in the back seat with room to spare. Personally, I like it better than the new Tundra's."

Tough as nails

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

"I've used this truck for construction work, hauling tile and cement products for a few years. It's a low feature truck when it comes to luxury (manual windows/locks/seats) but has great suspension for ride quality and hauling payload. Down a few horses from my buddies' chevys, but also 1000 lbs lighter. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with the truck save a leaky rear axle o-ring (abuse?) which the dealer replaced with no hassle whatsoever."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, February 07, 2008

"I have had Toyota's since I was 18 and stepping up to a Tundra from a Tacoma I was not dissapointed. The double cab is like have a 4 door car and everyone that rides in it can't believe the room they have. Very reliable, this will be a 10+ year vehichle for me. The only gripe is the SR5 package comes with garbage tires. I should have made them swap them with another on the lot. Toyota quality is worth the extra $."

My Tundra

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I have owned my Tundra since new, 2003. I love this truck. Access cab 4.7 motor. I have a power chip installed, a Borla single exit exhaust and a K&N TRD air filter. I also installed the Tornado Fuel Saver. This truck is fasssst. Gas mileage with the fuel saver is superb. I am getting 26mpg+ on the highway. I also installed a Alpine sound system. I am keeping my Tundra for a long time. Buy this truck and you will not be disapointed."

superb

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"I bought this truck new in 2002 and have 110000 miles on it. It doesn't use a drop of oil between oil changes and except for having to change warped break rotors twice has been completely trouble free. It is not a particularly good 4WD vehicle at least as far as the gearing goes. Not geared low enough. For general dirt road use it's good but I would choose my old Tacoma over the Tundra if rugged use was a factor. Long trips are a joy in this truck. I'm 6' 3" and find it extremely comfortable. Decent gas milage on long trips too. I'll average 21MPG on a long road trip and with my average daily driving it goes down to about 16.2 MPG. I drive no more than 60MPH in order to conserve gas. I love this truck!"

By on Friday, November 02, 2007

"The truck has been very reliable. The only issues that Toyota should of taken care of: Front brakes needed to be replaced with brakes off a 2003 Tundra, Exhaust manifolds crack, and Toyota will sell you another set that will crack after 80K miles. I may sound picky, but this is the only Toyota out 5 that I have owned that I needed to have to repair items that shouldn't of been an issue."

Roget Truck

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I have a 2006 TDR Tundra. So far so good, this truck is good over all; it’s a 4.7 lit engine 271hp. This is my first truck and I really like it. It is a 4WD with is good when I take it for a little off road on hunting trip. I would recommend it for out doors and pulling around 7,000lb. It has a 22 gal tank from witch I get 290 to 325 miles. Over all it’s a good truck by Toyota."

Tundra

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"My Tundra has been great, 18-20 mpg on the highway. Can pull good, my only complaint is it needs a little more leg room. This has really been adressed in a huge way with the new Tundra"

bought 2nd tundra!

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"had 05 doublecab sr5 tundra. loved it SO much that I bought an 06 limited! had two Z71 silverados before these two and they were junk! toyota is simply the best truck your hardearned money can buy! they work hard and last forever! will pull anything and I blew the doors off a F150 supercrew 5.4 tritan 4x4 with us both pulling two 4wheelers up the same mountain in tennessee! i bought the 06 due to the 07 is just too big for what I need. I think if toyota offer both versions they would sell both real well! thanks toyota!"

Best truck I have ever owned

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"This truck is top notch quality. The only issue it ever had was a brake recall where the dealer replaced the rotors and calipers for free. Other than that it was trouble free from 2000-today 2007. Just gas, oil, tires and a battery. Wish my old Ford was even close to the quailty of this vehicle. No rattles, bumps or squeaks. No drive train problem ever! Very comfy cabin. The AC is super cold. I can't think of anything bad to say about it. If you need a truck, then I can think of no reason not to buy a Toyota. The rumors are true; Toyota designs and builds an excellent vehicle,"

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Great utility and styling. I've been able to tow or haul any load I need and cart up to 5 passengers around when needed. I get a number of compliments on its look. On the downside, I get little worse MPG than advertised and it's a truck when it comes to comfort."

It's All Good Except Brakes

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"I love my Tundra, what a great truck. BUT only exception is the braking system. Toyota equipped the truck with calipers that were too small for the weight of the truck which has resulted in warped rotors. I had to get all new brakes and rotors at 27,000 mile. They (Toyota) put on bigger calipers. Still has the same problem, rotors warp with the trucks carry no loads and being driven on flat terrain. I can't afford to keep replacing these rotors being warped by inadequate calipers!"

Good, dependable truck

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"I have owned my Tundra V6 SR5 Access Cab since 2002. The truck has proven to be very dependable. We haven't had any trouble except a recall on front ball joints, which was replaced quickly by Toyota. The truck took a hit on the passenger side that resulted in 5000.00 to repair and never drove any different...even before it was repaired. Even with the V6 it has enough power to pull anything we have attached to it, plus we enjoy the extra gas mileage. Don't get me wrong, you wouldn't want to go drag racing or anything, but for normal driving/towing, it does a good job."

Excellent truck

By on Saturday, July 07, 2007

"I bought this truck new in 2000 and love it! I am giving it to my teenage daughter to drive and am confident it will be a safe and reliable truck for her."

Out of six new cars/trucks this has been THE BEST!

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, drive and RELIABILITY!!!!"

Cons: "Gas mileage and turning radius"

"Gas mileage has not been the best but the quality of the build and the reliability of this truck are beyond any vehicle I've owned before and do make up for the mpg. I have 306000 miles on this truck and not a single drop of oil being burnt or left on anybody's driveway. It was not built with noisy mufflers and race car horsepower, just rock solid dependability with the good basic essentials. Great truck that is ten years old and going strong!"

Outstanding vehicle.

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, durable and relatively trouble free."

Cons: "It's a light duty truck tho not a problem for me"

"All things mechanical should perform as well as this truck. I just completed my 180,000 mile maintenance schedule and expect the truck to be as trouble free for the next 50,000 as it was in the past. Mostly I just keep up with oil changes and replace normal wear items like batteries, tires and wiper blades. It has the 4.7 litre V-8 and delivers 20mpg on the road so long as I keep it under 65. It does everything I want it to do and isn't bankrupting me in the process"

Will never buy anything else

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

"Truck has 214000 mile and still going strong best truck I have ever owned for dependability and durability"

Mechancally sound,confortable, great shape

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"Great driving truck ,great shape, no known problems,tires look new..white 4 door , large cab..8,9500.00 firm"

Happy with my Tundra BUT

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle,long ownership"

Cons: "Cheap hardware(knobs,handles,too much plastic)"

"Drove a 1990 pickup with over 350000mi.(speedometer stopped working 3 yrs.prior to purchasing my 2002 Tundra SR3 ext.cab).Ran like a top.The new 2002 has also been very reliable but Had to replace turn knobs for air and heat controls and side window handles twice within 2 yrs of purchase. Although manufacturer has stayed with good running vehicles- they dropped the ball by installing cheap hardware on it."

Super Duty Tundra

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Dependable. Reliable. Cheap to Keep on the Road."

Cons: "Cost of gas."

"I bought the truck new August 2006. 185700 miles later and I am still loving it. It drives almost as good and tight as the day I bought it. No (0) leaks. Does not burn any oil. Average 19+mpg. Max mpg was 23. Lowest I have ever got was 14 when I was pulling a big trailer. 4.7V8. I had a brake problem from day one. When applying brakes it made a horrible racket. It did not matter if it was wet or dry; SQUEEKE, GRIND, and more awful noises. Dealership replaced ALL brake parts around 50k miles. NO problems after this. The A/C blower went out. $120 DIY fix. 4WD performs flawlessly. Transmission works flawlessly. I have pulled a camper and boat with no problems. I LOVE the rear power window and my sun roof - open both, turn on some Hank, and let the good times roll. My 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4WD has been EXCELLENT!!"

Solid, quiet and smooth. Power and handling exc

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

Pros: "great handling, smooth, solid"

Cons: "difficult for shorter drivers to operate"

"Excellent truck for around town hauling. easy to handle, good turning radius, roomy. very smooth and quiet on the highway like riding in a luxury car but also feels solid and capable under less than ideal conditions."

Quality Everyday Truck - Toyota did this right!

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "Cost of ownership, reliability, ageless design"

Cons: "Wish the 2004 tundras had a 5 or 6 speed tranny"

"Purchased this truck in 2008 as a certified pre-owned from Toyota dealership in Dallas. Went to look at the new Tacoma; but saw this rig sitting in the corner of the used area. Every time I take it in for an oil change, the mechanics tell me how great the truck looks and runs and that it is one of the nicest pre big body tundras they see in their shop. I keep it in a garage and use it mainly for highway driving - sometimes pulling a 16 ft flat bottom aluminum boat. Pulls just fine with or without tow/haul mode engaged. Every once in a while I will hit a dirt trail, and if I had 4 wheel drive I would certainly give it a whirl. In the 80,000 miles that I have put on it here is what I have had to do for maintenance/ repair: - Change Oil and Filter every 5k - Currently on my 2nd set of tires(just bought 2nd set in June) - I installed a K&N cold-air induction and my fuel mileage went to 20.5 hwy/ 16 city from 18/14 - worth every penny! - Passenger electric mirror motor went out, replaced it with dealer part. - A/C knob got loose and would not stay on, replaced it with dealer part. - Driver side interior door handle (not the one that opens the door, just the bar you pull on to pull the door shut) gets loose every 6 months and you have to take the door apart to tighten the nut back up. No biggie. - Had front rotors replaced and new pads installed at the dealership at 110k due to small vibration when braking at speeds above 40mph. After repair - no more vibration. I have owned Ford and Chevy trucks in the past -and this Tundra is superior regarding unscheduled maintenance and cost of ownership outside of monthly payments. Of course, the previous trucks I have owned may not have been cared for as well as this toyota - and I may have not cared for my previous trucks as well as I do this one. However, on my previous trucks there were substantial mechanical issues arising at the 100k mile mark and this Toyota has blown right past that. Would buy this truck again in a heart beat!"