2000 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab

9.4

Based on 1230 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

great vehicle, great value, works hard.

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Durable, costs very little to operate."

Cons: "Nothing flashy, but it's a great work horse."

"My employees have abused this truck and it just keeps on running. The body is beat, because we plow snow with it the front shocks, struts and ball joints are beat, but it won't quit. I've decided to retire it and fix it up. I'll probably run it another 100,000 miles."

Tundra excellance

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Owned this Tundra for 5 years and it is without exception the best vehicle without a doubt I have ever owned. Comfort, reliability, good performance and value. No real problems i can remember to think of, it has never been back to the garage for anything but regular service. I extimate this truck will easly hit 250K miles before it is replaced. The 4.7 liter engine gets 17 mpg around town 19 on the highway at 65mph. 10+ mpg pulling a 6500lb travel trailer at 60mph. I included mpg info because I think it will help folks to know it. I do drive lightly on the gas pedel so others may not do as well."

I love this truck

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pros: "Powerful engine smooth ride mechanically sound"

Cons: "Access cab is a bit awkward and not enough room"

"I'm going to sell but only because I'm leaving country. I hope I can find her a good home. Best vehicle I have ever owned. I have taken her on hunting trips, moved with her but she still runs great, smooth ride and still looks pretty."

I love the '04-'06 Double Cab Tundras!

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Value, reliability, comfort, power, style"

Cons: "Poor (12-15 mpg), huge turning radius"

"I bought this '04 Tundra Limited (Double Cab) used in 2011 with only 41,000 miles for about $17,500. (Today with just 50,000 miles KBB still puts it significantly above that.) I love Toyota value, quality, and dependability (I own a 2007 Yaris, too, which just broke 100,000 miles without a single issue.)! Overall, the Tundra is powerful, smooth, comfortable (for ALL five passengers), stylish (aesthetics), and reliable. With the campershell, we love camping overnight in warmer weather. The only major downsides, which I knew upfront, are: the huge turning radius (not great in crowded parking lots) and poor MPG (12-15 mpg). Other than that, no regrets... except maybe all the hauling I end up doing for family and friends... Nah! That's a joy, too!"

Disappointed

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"Purchased new in 2000. It now has 148,000 miles. At 60,000 miles both exhaust manifolds cracked. Not covered under warranty. $2000 to fix and I was told it may happen again. Rear brake drums warped, not covered under warranty. $300 to replace. Warped again, replaced with Auto value drums- problem solved, Gas gage failed $500 to replace. Bilstein shocks failed. Replaced with Auto value shocks still good at 148,000 miles. Starter needed to be replaced at 100,000 miles. No complaint, that is a lot of starts. But it cost $765 to replace and took 7 1/2 hours. No repair shop dared to do the job. Had to have dealer replace it. Because of an unforseen relocation, after I purchased the truck, it has not had to haul nor tow anything. I am sure not hard on it as far as driving it. I am disappointed with the type of failures it has had. I bought a Toyota expecting the quality to be better. The engine has run very well-it still uses no oil, the truck drives very well. Perhaps I just got one that is not typical. Ignore the styling rating, it is the absolute last thing I care about a vehicle."

AWESOME ! truck and I love it.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and Dependable"

Cons: "cost. With a long bed its hard to park."

"I have taken this truck over 4 summits in several winters with no chains or roads plowed and it's AWESOME ! BEST YEAR OF THE TUNDRAS EVER. NEVER A PROBLEM as long as you do the maintenance."

NEVER ANY PROBLEMS

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "? wish gas mileage little better"

"On my third toyota tundra had 200000 on a previous tundra still didnt burn a drop of oil with 200000 mi and it was used hard for work and plowing snow started every day never let me down had to do basic maintenance tires ect... the model years owned 2000,2004,2006 you can't go wrong with these trucks."

Great and reliable truck.

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "Good towing power, comfortable, RELIABLE!!"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"My 2004 Limited Tundra 4x4 has always been reliable and very comfortable for long distance drives. I bought it used and put almost 60k on it within four years and it still rides great. Just change the oil every 5k and the truck keeps on going. Only things I've replaced are tires and a battery. If your looking for a comfortable, reliable truck, with good towing power, then I'd highly recommend a Tundra."

03 Tundra SR5 Excab 4x4 V8 TRD

By on Thursday, July 03, 2008

"After 64K miles it has been 100% reliable. Turning radius is wide, but reasonable for fullsize truck. Rides smooth and quiet, great torque off the line. Very capable and confidence inspiring in snow and mud, but too wide and long for serious off roading. Mileage has ranged from a low of 15 MPG to a high of 19 MPG, and averages 17 MPG per tank. Only faults are a squeeky dash that is easily fixed, and the front seat could go a little farther back for anyone over 6' with long legs. Rear seats are tight for adults, but fine for typical city trips. Six adults will fit, if necessary. Great value."

Best truck

By on Friday, October 05, 2007

"ive used a ford f150, a dodge ram 1500 and the Toyota Tundra i currently have, which has out-performed, and out towed the competitors. towing a 6,000lb boat is a slice of cake and so is being on a slime covered ramp pulling the boat out. it drives great in all weather conditions and has only had new tires and oil changes, with 110,000 miles on it is still running like the day i bought it. i have recommended this to my friends and others that have asked for my advice when buying a truck. **and i dont baby this truck either."

Toyota Tundra

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I have absolutely loved this truck since buying in 2004. However, I go back and forth as far as recommending to a friend for purchase due to the problems with the brakes that Tundra's are apparently known for. Repeated trips to the dealership and lack of response on Toyota's behalf have left me with a bad feeling towards ever purchasing another Toyota - something I never thought I'd say. Low Quality rated simply due to the brakes. All else has been fine."

Solid

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Been a great truck, reliable, comfortable, good power, does not drive like a cumbersome truck. However it is NOT a full size pick-up truck and as such if you are a large person it may not be your size. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs and it is fine for me. It does get worse gas milage than your would expect given its size. I average almost 14 MPG and have never gotten anything close to its listed 16 MPG city even on HWY and that is even afte adding a cold air intake from K&N. Runs much better on mid grade gas, tends to get pingy on the cheap stuff."

06 Tundra

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Great overall truck. Big Engine, not so heavy truck= very fast. i'm in a lease so i cant put any mods on yet, just the duals i got on the exhuast. it performs well off-road to. I am from WV, so i do alot of off-road driving. only a couple problems i noticed. as with all trucks its ahrd to get traction without weight in the back. the other, the stepside bed doesnt tow as much as the regular bed. of course both with all kinds of trucks, not just toyota. some good things, the engine isnt built into the dashboard, like the new fords. lots of space around the engine, not very foreign design. another great feature, the gas mileage. its incredible for a 4.7 v8 truck."

Best truck I have ever owned

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "reliable, awesome in the snow with 4wd."

Cons: "cheek heater button isn't in a great location"

"I have owned a couple of the big 3 trucks and this Tundra rides the best, pulls trailers just fine, and seats all 5 of us very comfortablly. On road trips its very nice to be able to have our music up front while the kids have ample space and can watch a dvd in the back with the wireless headphones. We love the power sliding window that drops down coupled with the sunroof open and all 4 windows down, it feels like a convertible that is safe. I average 18mpgs. Easy to do maint. and just did the easiest brake job I have ever done. Took about an hour. Rides like a Tahoe or the Seqoia. Very sure footed. Not a big powerhouse towing machine, but for everyday use and occasional heavy stuff in the back with the ability to be very comfortable upfront we just can't ask for much more."

Unbelievable reliability Gets us home safe.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Fast truck fun to drive comfortable and reliable."

Cons: "Gas millage turning radius it's a truck."

"Purchased this truck used in 2007 with 117,000 miles on it now I have 197,000 we use it on weekends to do Art shows all over the State of fl.I can not say enough about how happy I am with this truck .All I have done is timing belt, radiator,Tires,brakes.I will get 300,000 on this truck and maybe more.I trust this truck and would drive it anywhere."

THE BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWN

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

"I bought my Tundra new in May 2003 with 15 miles on the odometer, ten year later now it has 107,754 miles, it still drives like it just came out of the showroom. It has comfortable ride, super smooth and quiet engine. There are no mechanical problems. I really recommend this truck to everyone."

Best ride

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, best driving"

Cons: "poor fuel mileage"

"The 2006 Tundra access cab 4X4 TRD is the best riding/handling truck I've ever driven. I'm sure that the TRD package has a lot to do with that, it will take speed bumps like they're not even there. The size of the truck is perfect for everyday driving and women will like it over larger trucks. The interior is very comfortable and all the controls are conveniently located. When they first came out with this model I did not like the rear suicide doors, now that I own one I love them. It allows you to access the rear of the cab without walking around a door. Since it is an access cab and not a crew cab the rear seating is more suited for packages rather than passengers. Unlike so many rack & pinion steering systems this truck steers easy and still has a feel for the road, the AC system is ice cold. A set of rear leaf springs were added to aid in towing and only seem to add to the handling. After six years of use, nothing has broken or fallen off, inside or out. The only issue with this truck is the fuel mileage, with the 4X4 package it only gets 12 mpg using E-10 87 octane, 10mpg pulling 4,000 lbs and 8mpg pulling 8,000 lbs. If you can get past the mileage this is the best most dependable truck on the market!"

Awesome vehicle, worth the money!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "all!"

Cons: "none!"

"Sadly an uninsured driver totaled our 04 Dbl cab Tundra and now we are on the look out for one just like the old. It's been extremely reliable. We haven't had to make any repairs and it runs like new, ran I should say. They apparently hold there value really well too. They typically sell for more than Blue Book resale value, which is a good thing unless you are in our situation. We will look for the exact truck. Couldn't be happier with a vehicle. It's so comfortable, powerful and spacious. Toyota has thought of everything! The perfect ride!"

TOYOTA says it all. Best truck I ever owned

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "RELIABLE, COMFORTABLE, as tight as the day it was"

"Just like the reviews before me, gas-tires-brakes and a timing belt every 100,000 miles. At the last timing belt replacement I asked the service manager to replace all the hoses and he told me that the hoses were fine and they were designed to last the life of the truck. Not to mention that the dealership did not even stock the hoses since they had no demand..Best money I ever spent on a vechile."

Owned six vehicles over lifetime - Tundra was best

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "see review"

Cons: "none really. Perhaps could be cooler looking."

"Bottom line up front: Toyota really got it right with this truck... reliable, efficient, easy to maintain, decent gas mileage, sufficient towing and hauling capability, decent looking. All in all, I have put, perhaps, $3500 worth of hired and personally-performed maintenance on the truck in the 11 years I have owned it. Standard stuff: O2 sensors, new timing and serpentine belts, water pump, all filters, etc. Have never, ever had a "break down" or been stranded. Kept on top of preventative stuff, and combined with Toyota engineering/production, this thing has been a marvel. If you are looking to buy one second-hand, don't worry about the truck, worry about the seller/owner. If he took care of it, you will not be disappointed. You can't say that about F150s or Silverados, etc, after 155K. Even if they have been taken care of... you still might end up with a lot of headaches."

GREAT VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "OVERALL A GREAT FOUR WHEEL DRIVE TRUCK"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE COULD BE BETTER"

"PURCHASED THIS TRUCK AS A SALVAGE TITLE AND IT HAS PERFORMED LIKE A NEW VEHICLE. IT IS A LIMITED EDITION AND WOULD RECOMMEND A TOYOTA TUNDRA TO ANYONE GREAT PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT"

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Safe, good looking, fast, powerful!!"

Cons: "Turning radious a little tight."

"This truck has been so reliable and fun too. We use it for fun and family. We have never had any problems with out Tundra and we would reccomend it to anyone:)"

Best Ever

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"This was my first truck and did not know what to expect. This rides smooth, handles off road very well and hauls a ton. I've carried two cubic yards of sand in the bed! Totally dependable, reliable and does not rattle or make funny noises. Leather is the best. Seats are firm after 3 hrs, but the kids don't mind. Pwr rear window a real plus. Draws attention wherever I go. Love it. It's as good as my co-workers new 2010 F150, and mine is an '05 with 81,XXX miles! Go buy one today."

Great truck

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"This truck has barely seen a mechanic (only for normal up keep) and it has 200k miles on it. It still runs perfect and it gets great gas mileage for a truck."

Love my Tundra

By on Friday, December 04, 2009

"Excellent vehicle overall, but pricey to purchase. Even the small block V8, (which is what I have), delivers more than adequate power in almost all situations. I only say "almost all" because, although I haven't run into a situation my little 289 V8 can't deal with, I imagine there are situations that exist that 300 horses can not overcome. ;^) Reliability is excellent, and I have come to expect this from Toyota as I have bought the brand for over twenty years and have NEVER had to have unscheduled maintenance done on any of my vehicles! Interior controls are very intuitive, and are incorporated very organically into the dashboard and steering column. Comfort is also excellent. I have a bad back and sometimes have to drive long distances, but this is never a problem in this truck. The ride is very comfortable, although at highway speeds you can hear road noise. Bottom line: You will spend more to buy this truck, but the reason why is because it is well worth the extra cost. It is "bar none" the best truck on the road!"