2016 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,155 - $31,524.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/29/2016

10/7.7

Based on 9 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

Per Page:  5 | 10

Great Truck

By on Friday, March 25, 2016

Pros: "Reliable, Quality, Great Family/ Work Truck"

Cons: "Rear seat doesn't fold down anymore"

"I prefer the Tundra because it's not built just for looks or luxury. I have a Toyota Tundra Crew-max TRD Off Road. It's a great work truck. I bought this truck because it hauls great, performs well, and doesn't sacrifice comfort. Other vehicle companies are relying on the hype of it looking great and shafting performance.This is my second tundra Crew-max TRD. It's even great for the family.... can go camping with having no issues with space or the fact that you might have to drive through some rough terrain. If you want a reliable truck that performs great at everything you throw at it... this is the truck you want."

Competes with the Big 3

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Pros: "Well designed, nice driving"

Cons: "None so far."

"I have been a Dodge pickup guy since I was three years old, even stuck by during the late 70s early 80s, but my 12 year old Ram was falling apart around me. Running well but rusting apart. I test drove a couple of new Rams and my neighbor sells for Toyota had some used Rams, but he steered me toward the Tundra. I am not going to lie, it hurts to go from the company of the Charger and Challenger to the company of the Prius, but this lightly used pickup was nicer than the new Ram and the used ones I drove. I haven't owned it long, so I will update if anything changes, but so far, very happy. Throttle and brake response is fantastic, power is instant when you want it, and the brakes work fast without being touchy. Interior styling is nice. I like the big knobs, and the hefty feeling column shifter. I used to feel like foreign trucks were designed for foreigners. Nothing wrong with that, but I preferred the layout and feel of the controls in US trucks. This one feels more "American" than the Rams. The large radio and information screen worked nicely and intuitively, with bluetooth, handsfree, and voice control, along with steering wheel mounted buttons, working nicely. This is all new to me, my last one being 10 model years older. Plenty of interior storage, although I thought there would be more. I don't need more, just seemed like they could have added more. At first I was disappointed with no storage under the fold up rear seat, but I am sure I can add my own toolboxes or containers in that space and get more storage than if there were molded in storage. The backup camera is very nice and allowed me to back it down a tight row of new Toys the first time I hopped in, no doubt a low cost high payoff safety feature. Adjustable headlights, intuitive controls for everything else. I have manual seats, but then, how often do you really need to adjust your seats? Exterior is okay, I prefer the new Ram and Chevy styling, but it isn't bad. The hydraulic tailgate is a great feature. Comes with Bridgestone Dueler "street" tires, which I have had before and are decent road tires. In my opinion, all SUV and trucks should come with BF Goodrich Radial All Terrains or one of the the BFG variants like the Rugged Trail. I have none of the bed options like spray in liner or the rail system, but I wish all trucks included those as standard. Just to try it out, shifted the transfer case into 4Hi, then stopped, shifted to low range, and then back. Twist knob activation where you push in to get low range so you can't easily accidentally get low range. So far, so good."

Solid Family Truck

By on Friday, October 23, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, great value"

Cons: "Lots of dead/unusable space"

"I traded in my 2007 Tundra Double Cab for a 2014 Crewmax. I am a firm believer in the outstanding quality and reliability of this truck, but would just want to point out to any prospective buyers that for some reason Toyota has eliminated many of the interior storage options that existed in the previous generation. I find it frustrating that the glove box is about the same size as what could be found in a Corolla. Also, in the Crewmax they decided to place a massive piece of dense foam under the rear seats leaving virtually no underseat storage. They really dropped the ball there. Another frustrating point is that there is no way to access the space behind the bottom of the rear seats, as they no longer recline or fold down. While they made the interior much better looking than the previous version of the truck, they certainly found a way to take such a large vehicle and provide little to no storage inside the cab. Believe me, if you owned this truck you would be mystified by this too."

Just pure satisfaction.

By on Sunday, April 10, 2016

Pros: "Quality, power, service. Entire package."

Cons: "I want a larger gas tank."

"2015 Toyota Tundra is fantastic. Gas mileage will be ok if you drive normal. I truly like about everything with this truck."

This truck is beautiful!

By on Monday, September 7, 2015

Pros: "performance, style, smooth ride, handling"

"OK so I just purchased this vehicle from a dealer. It was used and is last year's model. I had a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac which got me by but also left me wishing that I had purchased a true pick up back then. The Tundra has so many excellent features including looks which are sharp. The comfort is really nice. The power driver seat with lumbar support has a perfect fit quality. Performance/Handling - This vehicle moves smoothly and with great agility. My previous Ford always felt like it didn't take curves well and felt unstable especially a moderately higher speeds or more. The 5.8L Tundra seems to handle superiorly which is always significant for a vehicle as large as this. The 5.8 liter engine is powerful and moves with incredible responsiveness. It's like having a muscle car truck. The sound of the engine is almost intimidating. There is significant power available which just responds when needed. The interior style and controls are absolutely lovely. The information center console is perfect. There was a brightness to it that was greater than I prefer at night, but this is adjustable. The sound system is excellent. When I was driving a different vehicle yesterday it seemed that the car had a transistor radio compared to my Tundra, not to mention that Sirius Satellite radio is superior to traditional AM/FM radio. My vehicle came with rims that are not my first choice but given the situation with my previous truck the replaceable wheel covers might not be a bad option. The Tundra does have several wheel options which I like better. But my vehicle was purchased used so the chrome-like covers are what it came with. The pro of this is that these can be replaced very inexpensively compared to entire rims. My ford wheels were beat, peeling chrome, and generally ratty and tired looking. It didn't seems like it was worth it to pay six, eight hundred or more to replace them. My Tundra wheels look good, just not my first choice. The pneumatic tail gate opening assist is a smart feature. The reverse mode back-up camera also makes a lot of sense. My previous truck had a bent bumper from me backing into things. The Tundra's segmental bumper that allows replacement of individual sections of the bumper seems much more cost effective and a smart feature. My ford's bumper was plastic, bent, completely faded and made the truck look many years older than it was. The Tundra 6 1/2 foot bed is large and a nice upgrade for me. The rear direction bed light is great. It came on the other evening and I was like wow this is really helpful. The rear window slider is nice to have. My last vehicle had a power rear window which is great and very likeable. The down side is that I like to use that a lot but a rear window tends to convert the cab into a vacuum which causes a lot of debris to be funneled quickly into the cab which then litters the cab nooks with leaves, etc. that are hard to remove. Having the slider allows me the option to use the rear window when the bed is clear instead of lowering the window while driving only to have a leaf wind tunnel unexpectedly. The steering wheel and gear shift are leather wrapped. There are many cup holders, and the center storage box in the cab is huge. Indeed, there are other makes that have nice features also. The Tundra is no different. It is beautiful. Gas mileage doesn't seem like anything that one would call efficient. But I am use to that, and this is rated the same as my sport trac was only now there is performance. This is an eight cylinder which seriously moves. I love the truck!"

Per Page:  5 | 10