• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,211 - $31,374.

10/7.4

Based on 979 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

This truck is awesome!

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Fast, handles well, tows well, very comfortable"

Cons: "Loves gas, needs a diesel option"

"The power and capabilities of this truck are incredible. I traded in my Chevy Silverado after 4 straight years of nothing but problems. I'm about to hit 60k with my 08 Crewmax, but have not had to take this truck back to the dealer once for any kind of repairs. It's been everything I'd hoped it would be + so much more."

Toyota Has a Winner!!!

By on Friday, June 27, 2008

"I work at a Toyota store and have owned two Tundra's since they were first launched. I've driven both the Double Cab and now own a Crewmax Limited. The room in the backseat is perfect for storage and any size/age children; or adults for that matter. I changed to full synthetic oil and changed the exhaust system and now average 20.4mpg consistently on highway/city mix. The nav system and bluetooth are a must haveand add to the overall experiene while driving around town on long highway trips. So far, I haven't put the power and towing to it's full use yet but know it's there if I need it. Great truck!!!"

I'd buy Another

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Interior Room, Style"

Cons: "Cheap Plastic Door Handles"

"The truck is great in a wide range of areas.Toyota dropped the ball when it came down to the little stuff such as: cheap door handles,Bed liners, RW Rim finish and awkward lug nuts. The interior looks kind of retro 80's and the dash could have been updated. Overall I purchased this truck to be used as one so the little stuff didn't matter. I have received comments from others about the cheapness of it. I would still give this truck a 4 out of 5 star rating due to exceptional performance in all the other areas."

Fantastic Truck!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"I have owned a number of pickups over the past 40 years -- Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge, Toyota, but nothing drives, handles, ride, and has all the features like my Double Cab 4WD Limited 2007 Tundra. I almost bought a new GMC but have two other Toyotas - A Camry and 4-Runner, and just am so impressed with Toyota's quality and lack of mechanical problems. This pickup does everything I need. I love all the extra storage compartments and space, the ability to access the back seat from the outside door handles, and the ride and room in that seat. Toyota really did a job on this truck. Now, if they would just offer a diesel or hybrid option they would have it all!"

Super truck

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"I just bought this vehicle after trading in a Chevrolet Silverado 1500. There is no comparison. This is one NICE truck. I bought the big engine and the acelleration is phenominal. I also like the instrumentation. At night it looks like a cockpit. Comfortable ride, quiet, just a great truck. I have owned Dodge, Ford, and thought I was a Chevy man until I got this truck."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Need diesel option"

"Only have had a few issues with this truck. Main control chip for the engine went bad due to flex fuel problem. It was fixed and haven't had a problem since. Great truck wish they had a diesel option. Will buy this model again hope they keep building and improving on this platform."

Most reliable truck I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"My second tundra. The most reliable and practically maintenance free truck I have ever owned and I have owned more than ten trucks within the past 18 years.."

Best Truck Ive owned

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, durability, capabilty"

Cons: "bed can get bouncy on rough roads."

"I have had two F150s in the past and I believe they deserve the title as best selling truck because they have a pretty darn good package except for the unexpected issues. Once the ford got to 110,000 miles it absolutely fell apart so I looked for an alternate and found the Tundra. And Wow. This truck is everything that I wanted, its comfortable, big, powerful (especially compared to the 5.4), and capable. I expected the price to be higher than the competition, but a comparably equipped F-150 was more expensive even with the rebates and the Rams and GM trucks just looked cheap and gimmicky in my opinion. I could not be happier with this truck. The milage is moderate (about 14 in town but Ive gotten 20+ avg mpg on plenty of highway trips) and long as it holds up (as a Toyota should) I would not hesitate to recommend this truck to anyone in the market."

Great Truck!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Drives great, tows and hauls great, comfortable"

Cons: "Toyota needs to make a diesel truck, visibility"

"Toyota really makes a great pickup. No problems at all with it. The 5.7L engine is strong and smooth but not too bad on gas for the power you get out of it. Absolutly love this truck!"

Nice Truck but needs refinement

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, looks, accessories"

Cons: "Fit and finish not thought out well for user, loud"

"I have the 08 crewmax limited 4X4. I do enjoy this truck but their are a few design flaws that need to be addressed. Not bad enough to not buy it though The radio does not read cd tracks and display them on the screen even though it has a track name list, they are all blank. Every time truck turns on the screen displays the map. You can't adjust what screen to start on. I do mostly city driving where I do not need a map therefore it would be nice to have the radio displayed on startup instead of me having to switch it. City driving gas mileage without towing or full is approx 10 MPG. I get around 14.5 on the highway. Don't believe the displayed MPG. This thing loves gas. Door handles don't feel solid. In fact you can move their covers back and forth with little effort. Eye/Sunglasses holders in doors have no lining to protect glasses. Business card holders hold about 5 cards if you can get them in. And there are more...... Thing is this is a great truck! Problem is that the fit and finish wasnt thought out too well for the end user. Seems like they said lets throw in some extra features but not make them well. Who would want their glasses scratched up? Put a lining on it. Extra cost maybe $1/door max. Even my wife's 10 year old minivan displays cd tracks. Put the same cd in my truck. No go. Even dealer couldn't figure it out. There are many more items that are positive though. Namely looks, comfort, drive ability, room, center console seats, etc. I would buy this again."