• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,044 - $28,885.

10/7.4

Based on 957 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

This truck is awesome!

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Fast, handles well, tows well, very comfortable"

Cons: "Loves gas, needs a diesel option"

"The power and capabilities of this truck are incredible. I traded in my Chevy Silverado after 4 straight years of nothing but problems. I'm about to hit 60k with my 08 Crewmax, but have not had to take this truck back to the dealer once for any kind of repairs. It's been everything I'd hoped it would be + so much more."

Extremely happy with my Tundra

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"The Good: Tons of power, pretty smooth engine and trans, pulls and stops a trailer with no problem, steering is kind of soft but it's very responsive and stable at high speeds, interior is comfortable and has plenty of storage for anything you can think of, excellent reliability, lots of truck for what you pay for. The Bad: Cheap, squeaky plastics on the interior, visibility out back could be better, bouncy and jittery ride, paint chips too easily. I can tell you that the truck isn't perfect, but it really is by far the best truck I've ever owned. It's been perfectly reliable for the business I run. I have a 2010 Chevy 2500HD that I want to push into a lake. It only has 1/4 the miles of the Tundra, but it's ALWAYS in and out of the shop for quality issues. I haven't had a single issues with the Tundra. Zero oils leaks, zero electrical problems, zero mechanical problems, everything works like it should. This truck doesn't let me down. I would definitely buy one again."

STRONG...LIKE BULL

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "VERY POWERFUL 3/4 TON AT 1/2 TON PRICING"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned this beast since new,i cannot believe how versatile it has been. I have towed big boats, hauled heavy furniture,packed it full of family and cargo and not once has it failed me. With 32000 miles on the clock i took it to the dealer for its 30k maintenance visit.The only thing that needed replacing were the wiper blades! The brakes were only worn 30%, Toyota built this truck heavy,and it can handle any thing i need,fuel milage is very respectable for near 400 horsepower delivering 17 city and 19 highway,numbers that are accurate and true. If for some reason i ever need another truck,in my mind there is just one choice. ANY other truck does not come close,just drive the rest first,then be surprised by Tundra!"

Best Truck Ever

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "Drive feel, space, storage and towing"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I own a 2011 Crewmax 5.7 V8 FFV Rock Warrior. This is the best truck I've ever owned. I traded in a 2008 Tacoma Double Cab TRD for this. Being over 6' I needed more room. Aside from the towing, power etc. on why one would consider a full size truck, this truck drives like a dream. This is my dream truck. Bad on gas mileage, but you expect that when going full size. Drives like a car, smooth, reliable and I could go on. For those that wan an "American" truck, the engine and transmission are both made in America. In fact, 85% of this truck is made in America and built in TX. My grandfather was a lifelong Ford owner but I didn't want to have to constantly fix a Ford as he did and friends did for years(Chevy and Dodge included). Toyota holds its value significantly better as well. I could go on and on, but I still wouldn't be able to tell you all the great things about this truck. I hope I never have to give it up."

best truck ever

By on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Pros: "gas 15 to 18, comfort,power and looks. #1 truck"

Cons: "changing oil is bad"

"Bought the truck in 2009 new. had only one problem and it was the 4-wheel drive locked up or froze in two wheel. But I was going thur 6 to 8 foot drifts for 20 miles on hwy 40 out of new london mn before that happened. The snow was packed in the bottom of the truck bad.Still made it to work. I was a ford guy forever and now there is no half ton that can stay with this truck. The ford rogue might have a chance."