• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,646 - $28,705.

10/7.4

Based on 984 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

If I could rate every category a 6/5 I would

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "integrity, looks, power, size, safety"

Cons: "fuel consumption when towing"

"I bought this truck new in Feb 2011...I have the SR5 Crewmax with a few options, 5.7 V8. I tow a larger boat every weekend during the summer and in the winter I get about 120 inches of snow. I would never buy a different truck. The thing is the most solid vehicle I've ever been in (other than the highlander and 4runner which are both solid as well). It tows my boat like I have nothing on the back...of course I can tell with the gas mileage though. The 4wheel drive is great but with the length of the truck you can really feel that it is in 4 wheel when you take tight corners on a non slick surface. THE INSIDE IS HUGE. I mainly bought the truck to accomodate 3 car seats in the back....wow they fit with room to spare. And the leg room? get out of here you can actually lay down across the floor and I am a full grown dude. Once you sit in it and take a ride you just feel it...the solidness and the quality of the motor. The thing has more power than you'll ever need...the 5.7 tows 10200lbs folks. Just be prepared to spend $80-$100 per fillup yay! Some other things about this truck that I didn't see many write about is all the safety features. WOW you don't have to worry when you're towing anything big or driving on a slippery road. OH one last thing...backup camera a must for the crewmax model makes hooking up a load soooo much faster and easier."

undstructable comfort

By on Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pros: "runs and handles great."

Cons: "there is no utility lite under the hood but there is also no reason to have to look there..."

"bought my 08 trd tundra new because looking back at my repair bills for my 3/4 ton chevy i see that i spent around $7000 per year fixing the beast.i live 9 miles up a very rough dirt and rock road and other than brake pads(my road is very steep also) and replaceing one headlight bulb! nothing has worn out.i think i have wasted the money i spent on the extened warnanty because the truck seems bullitproof..it's super comfortable,super,super fast and handles like a fine car.no rattels nothing.road noise is a little loud and i lost 2 or 3 m.p.g when i took off the car tires that it came with and put on 10 ply mud and snowsbut thats just the price of living when you live in the woods like i do.yep 73000 miles and going strong"

Very solid -

By on Friday, June 24, 2011

"I have had this truck since new in 07, The power and build quality are second to none. The truck drives like it is over engineered. This means more go and stop than needed and likely explains the lack of wear and tear it has experienced. The truck has 84,000 miles and only needed oil and filter changes and is as solid as the day I bought it. It has the off road package is a bit stiff but the advantage is it sits high but does not have body roll during evasive manuvers. I do have the 5.7L and get an average 17.5 mpg with very little highway driving which seems to be higher than most report. To work is 13 miles and takes about 30 min with a combination residential and highway. Only downside was the inital purchase price was higher than the competition but now with trade value seems to be well worth the investment. I will keep this truck for many more years (wife likes to drive it)!"

best truck ever

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"I have the 4.6 4x4 pleanty of power didn't need the 5.7 very happy. Do alot of camping was up in the hills this guy was stuck on this hill in a ditch off a main dirt road it was raining . this person had a dodge 4x4 and needed to be pulled out so i put it in low 4x4 pulled him out, without spinning my tiers would of been a good toyota commercail."

By on Monday, March 07, 2011

"Very smooth engine, very powerful, comfortable, quiet, very roomy interior...steering is kind of soft, but it's extremely steady at high speeds. If your towing a trailer, you'll forget it's back there. Its one of the best tow vehicles I've ever driven. This truck tows better than my Ford Super Duty! The only bad things I could say about this truck would be from the inside of the truck. Its viability out back isn't the greatest. If you're going to buy one, get it with the optional rear camera. The interior plastics are about as bad as you'd see in American cars. It's not big deal for me, but it's not what you'd normally see from Toyota. And some interior controls are kind of hard to reach...That's about it. My 07 Tundra Limited does plenty of towing, hauling and stop and go driving for my business. I have had no problems in 55,000 hard miles. This truck is ready for work everyday."

Great Truck...

By on Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"2007 CrewMax. This is my first Toyota... 4 other cars are Honda's. I purchased this vehicle in Feb/10 from the company I work for. It had 70k on it and was in prime condition as it was used for catalog photography and trade shows. I have put 7,500 miles on it since I took possesion including a 2,500 mile 3 day trip from southern Florida to Colorado. Very comfortable truck to drive long distance. For the size, power, etc. I have been happy with the 17.5 mpg I have been averaging on the highway - even mountain driving. This is with oversize (20") custom wheels & tires. Absolutely one of best vehicles I have driven over the years even taking into account all the ribbing one takes about the "Toyota recalls". All over blown media hype in my opinion. I figure this truck will give me another solid 100k of enjoyment."

Outstanding Truck

By on Saturday, February 27, 2010

"I purchased the 4WD truck new and I have owned the vehicle for 3 years. It has 50,000 miles. The truck was used to haul rocks (landscape) logs, sand & cement. I have not towed anything with it. On weekends it serves as my fishing truck (spring, summer and fall); in winter I use it to go to my weekend getaways in Truckee and Lake Tahoe. It is my 2nd Tundra and has never failed me. It performs admirably in snow (BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain tires) and easily fords streams and negotiates steep river banks (East Fork of the Carson River, HWY 4). I purchased the prepaid maintenance package and have only needed to replace my tires as additional expense."

Solid American Made Truck!

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I have owned 4 Fords, and one Dodge Pickup. When buying my 08 Tundra Double Cab Long Bed, I set out in serch of and F-250 which I found to be overpriced and short on standard features. When a friend suggested I test drove a Tundra, I was reluctant, but it was love upon first test drive. This thing rides like a car, and works like a truck. I was more supprised to find out that it is assembled in the USA, unlike my Canadian made Fords, and Mexican made Dodge. This half ton does all I need, to run my contracting business. I have full length side tool boxes and racks, awsome power, and as much towing and hauling capacity as I need. If I found one negative, it is the tire wear, on the stock tires. If I had it to do over I would get the upgraded tire andwheel package."

TRUE REVIEW

By on Saturday, December 19, 2009

"Have owned my 07 5.7 v-8 CrewMax since Nov 07. I have owned all other trucks and I still have a dodge that is in great shape, but I needed something with more power and room. I tow a 5000lb trailer on a daily basis for construction and I have over 30,000 miles on my truck. The biggest problem is the gas mileage. I average 17mpg and only 12 while towing. The truck has plenty of room front and back with lots of bells and whisels. However, I only recomend the 5.7 since it has proven better reliability, and the gas mileage is about the same with other engines. If you get the crewmax the bed will be too small for 4x8 sheets or stander lumber. However, if you are looking for a daily truck with a bit more gas milage and nice looks the GMC Sierra is nice with a comfortable ride. However, if you are looking for a nice looking truck with power (but without the diesel) and plenty of room and resale the toyota can not be beat. Also, deal, deal and deal with the dealer. My MSRP was 42,000, but after about a month of dealing I found a truck that had to be brought in for only 34,000 out the door. And my truck is a SR5 fully loaded with full power, leather, tow mirrors but it is not the limited. Good luck with what ever you buy."

Love it

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Very happy with my Toyota. Has plenty of power, interior room and I pull a 9500 lb travel trailer with it with no problems."

Great Toy

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"I own the Crew Max 5.7L 4x4 with TRD SR5 package, and will drive this truck for many years. I drive a lot to work (56,000 miles my first year), and average 19-21 MPG, depending on how fast I drive down the highway. Tons of power, tons of room, looks awesome, pulls anything I'll ever own, rides smooth, great features, I'm hooked! Get one TODAY, you won't regret it."

BEST VEHICLE i'VE EVER OWNED

By on Sunday, December 21, 2008

"BEING IN THE CONSTRUCTION WORLD ALL OF MY LIFE, I'VE OWNED MANY TYPES OF TRUCKS AND FOR THE LAST 20 MONTHS I'VE OWNED AND DROVE THIS VEHICLE AND I CAN SAY THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST IN ALL ASPECTS THE BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER DROVE AND THE BEST TRUCK OF ALL TIMES. I'M 60 YEARS OLD, ALREADY 49000 MILES ANE THE GAS MILAGE IS BETTER THAN A CHEVY, I TRADED A Z71 IN ON THIS AND IT WAS WONDERFUL TRUCK, BUT I HAD TO HAVE A NEW TRANSMISSION INSTALLED AND SO FAR THIS ONE IS STILL GOING STRONG"

best truck on the market

By on Monday, December 08, 2008

"There is no other truck on the market that can match this truck pound for pound. This truck gets 16mph around town and 21 on the highway. Dont let the other dealers lie to you and it is priced way less."

Not perfect but better than the rest

By on Sunday, November 30, 2008

"I have had and drove a lot of differant trucks and i like this one the most.I have the 5.7 and it has lots of power and good gas milage for a truck. The paint could be better it chips real easy and the body dings and dents real easy. Great truck but doesnt hold its value."

By on Sunday, September 07, 2008

Excellent Truck

By on Saturday, September 06, 2008

"The tundra is an excellent truck all around. The only thing that could be improved to me is the rear bumper. It is easily dinged and could come in black as an option."

Amazing Toyota

By on Thursday, May 08, 2008

"I owned a brand new 05 Dodge 4 door before buying this Tundra the middle of last year. There is no comparison between the Tundra and Ram. The tundra wreaks of quality and feels like what a truck should be. The pleasant surprise was the truck has a ton of power, but there are a LOT of little things/aesthetically pleasing additions to this truck. All of the additions made me say, "This is a great idea and very user friendly and why didnt my Dodge have that??" I am VERY happy with my Tundra and it tows a drift boat to the Missouri or a camper to the Missouri Breaks like nobodies business!!"

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

Best Truck I've Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"This is hands down the best truck I have ever owned and I have had them all. The styling is amazing and its extremely capable. I have a 5.7L, Double Cab Limited Edition and this thing can haul like a MUCH larger truck. It is comfortable to drive (even with my TRD) and has more than enough power. The gas milage is amazing as well considering the power and size of this engine! Roughly 15 MPG city and 20+ pure HWY. Mine is a 2007 and there have been no issues what-so-ever."

best truck ever

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"It has tons of power and tows real nice. I have not had one problem with this truck"

Power is second to none

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Durring the test drive I gave it hll, and after just comeing from the lots of the big 3, there was no question of the funest truck to drive. I have 5000 miles on mine and have had no problems. These reviews that are clameing that their Tundras sound like diesels must have lower than 87 octane gas or some serious issues. I have the 5.7L. When it is below 0, on start up there is some noise for a few seconds. The interior plastic is definaitly cheep much like a Dodge. Tip;The traction control can be completly deactivated if you hold the butten for 5 seconds while stoped. No ware does the mannual tell you this. The resale was saposed to be high, but after booking my truck after 5000 miles and 6 months it has dropped 10K + from the sticker. My milage is beter than expected, average on the highway is 18 mpg running 75 mph, 20 mpg at 60 mph and 14 to 16 arround town. Over all Lots of power Silky trans and Lots of room."

Toyota out does it's self

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"This truck is awesome! 5.7 L and 6 speed is smooth and fun to drive."

Outstanding

By on Sunday, December 30, 2007

"For a full size truck, this is the best I've ever driven. The quality and workmanship is as expected from Toyota, as well as the options and comfort. No problems encountered so far and we absolutely would recommend this truck to anyone (and we've owned and driven lots of competitors)."

best truck i have ever owned

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"Everything about this truck is great. I have always owned Fords, 3 to be exact, and I can say I have never been more impresed. Everything you get with this truck is worth it. I purchased the TSS 4.7 SR5 Double cab for 24,000 before tt&l. I am happy with the gas milage 17.5 to 18 overall. The salesman that sold it to me actually has the same model but with the 5.7, he recently had to travel through 3 states and said he only got 17 mpg on the interstate only going 70 mph, not exactly what the sticker says is it. Anyway, all these people are complaining about the plastic dash boards and they forget about the Toyota reputation for overall quility. They can go back to there domestic made trucks, Ford, Dodge, Chevy, which by the way are mostly all made outside the U.S. I will stick with the LONG term quility that is made right here in the U.S. by AMERICANS!!"

Love the truck

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"I didn't really need a truck this capable, tacoma would have been fine. But I loved the styling and performance so I went ahead anyway. I got a ltd crew max 2x4 5.7 with nav and sonar almost 2 months ago. I have zero complaints,it is scary fast and avging 15.5mpg. ran an experiment on a trip from miami to orlando got 22mpg@55mph 18.4mpg@70mph 16.4mpg@80mph. A little less than I was hopeing for but for the $380 a year extra in gas I'm plenty happy. The interior is a little more plasiticy than I would have liked for the price $41500 before tax but I guess there is sooo much interior to fill. The truck is allot bigger than I am used to and the sonar and camera really help in parking probably would help with a trailer but I blew the boat $$$ on the truck. Overall its great truck it's plenty fast, easy to drive, ok to park and if it's as reliable as my 97 4runner 4x4 (as i am expecting from toyota) I am looking forward to the next 250,000 miles I'll be spending in it! Expensive for a truck but it can be had cheaper."