• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,638 - $26,379.

10/7.4

Based on 946 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Best in the world

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"had this truck for over 6 months and the best 2wd i beat the following in performance hauling and towing.. dodge 5.7l Chevy 6.0 fords 5.4 and Nissan 5.6. i say bring it on all of the competitors"

the clunck machine

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"problem with the truck making a clunck when going from park to drive at 15 miles an hour .Toyota (after going thur the dispute stage and losing) said that i have to live with it . The dealer told me to but in ear plugs .. My first and last Toyota ,,back to a ford"

Disappointed disappointed disappointed

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"I have leased '07 SR5 D-cab for 3.5 months. It has 3,100 miles on it. I have gone to the dealer over 15 times so far because of factory-related mechanical defects and poor local toyota dealer service. My truck (brand new) has been totally hacked out twice (it's really hacked out; tires, absorbers, rotors, engine and engine-related parts). Most of all, the engine died out in the middle of street. They are now replacing it with a brand new 'cause even engineers from Toyota could not figure out what the problems were. This truck also has cheap-looking cabin made of plastic thing and very thin metal. Now I officially requested Toyota to get me money back and am in the process. If things do not work out, I will go through Texas Lemon Law to get my money back and walk away from the lease contract. I've already talked with personnel from TxDOT regarding this issue, and I believe I can. I am doing my research again to find the best truck for me. I believe my next truck would be Ford F-150. I wouldn't try Toyota again."

Defects defects defects...

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"A lot of problems... shaking steering wheel, waving body, engine that totally died out... the most terrible experience ever. don't trust toyota anymore..."

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

By on Sunday, December 09, 2007

Had engine replaced due to defect

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2007

"Worst vehicle I have ever owned. I had to have the engine replaced due to a camshaft defect --- check the internet for information on this defect before you buy this vehicle. Quality is not at the same level as other companies in terms of trucks."

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

Best Truck

By on Sunday, December 02, 2007

"This truck performs, the back up camera is great for hooking up your trailer. Heavy loads are easy to haul with this truck. Great ride and power. My last Tundra was a 2002 Model and it got me through a lot of tough spots. This new one is a monster and I believe it can take on much tougher things! Great truck."

Best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"I purchased the 2007 tundra SR5 double cab 5.7. I have had chevy 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, avalanche, ford f150 xlt crew cab, and a 2005 dodge hemi 3/4 ton, all 4x4's. This tundra makes them all look pathetic and like the junk they really are. It has more horsepower than all of them and more room and comfort also. The turn radius is better then most cars. Fun to drive everywhere. The dodge hemi I just got rid of got 6-7 miles city and 10 highway not towing anything. I get 15-16 city and 20-23 highway and have more horsepower than that junk hemi. The big three will be out of business soon enough with there high priced junk. Paid extra for the navigation and back up camera with jbl sound system and blue tooth. These make it the fastest and most comfortable truck ever and for the price of about 30,000 the others cant compare."

Best truck for the money today.

By on Saturday, December 01, 2007

"I have owned several Chevys and Fords and one Dodge. This is the best truck for the money today. Mine is the SR5 Double cab with 5.7 and off road package. I could not believe toyota could lease this for what they did. Gas mileage not great (Avg 15.4, DOCUMENTED, with almost all diriving short distance in mountains). No road checks done. Big and can be difficult to manever in tight spots, hard for some prople to get in. I have had lots of compliments on this truck, which is unusual for a new vehicle. This is a truck and trucks don't get good gas mileage. No regrets and no problems so far. Made in America. Keep it up Toyota."

By on Friday, November 30, 2007

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Awsome Truck!

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"This is my 12th new Toyota since 1980. This truck is by far the best of the best from Toyota. Performance, Handling, Comfort it has it all. I have read all the preceding reviews and can agree with a few minor glitches described within some of them. With a totally new truck design there are going to be a few hitches. Some of the flaws that have been inherent from Toyota since I began driving them still exist today. The windshield when driving into direct sunlight does seem to have some built in specs. The body panels are a bit on the thin side. The towing mirrors are great but need to be folded in when you're in a parking lot as they stick out too far and people walk into them. If you're not going to tow a lot, I highly recommend the standard mirrors or the automatic retracting type. The back up camera is a much needed addition to this truck as there are a some noticeable blind spots. These are some minor details most of which can be corrected easily. What you have underneath it all is complete reliability. Toyota does know how to build a vehicle of this magnitude I have been waiting for years and finally they built a big one!"

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

Excellent Vehicle for your Money.

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"I only purchase the Toyota Tundra with the 4.0 V6 and for a V6 and it hauls. I went about 90 mph going up hill on the great Vine which is an elevation of about 4,000 Feet. from where I started. I took it off roading I don't even have the 4wd and it impressed me on what it could do, because of its great suspension."

previous/dodge/chevy and ford owner

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"I'VE OWNED CHEVYS/FORDS/AND RECENTLY A DODGE RAM 3/4 TON GAS. I LOVE MY DODGE,BUT I HAVE TO EAT CROW AND SAY THAT MY NEW 2007 TUNDRA IS AWESOME GREAT TRUCK WITH A GREAT PRICE,I HAVE TO SAY THIS 1/2 TON TOYOTA OUT PULLS MY DODGE 3/4 TON ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.AND IS THE MOST COMFORTABLE TRUCK I'VE EVER DRIVEN.WORTH CHECKING OUT.I'LL STILL HANG ON TO MY AMERICAN MOPAR MUSCLE FOR A FUTURE HOT ROD PROJECT."

best truck i have ever owned

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"Everything about this truck is great. I have always owned Fords, 3 to be exact, and I can say I have never been more impresed. Everything you get with this truck is worth it. I purchased the TSS 4.7 SR5 Double cab for 24,000 before tt&l. I am happy with the gas milage 17.5 to 18 overall. The salesman that sold it to me actually has the same model but with the 5.7, he recently had to travel through 3 states and said he only got 17 mpg on the interstate only going 70 mph, not exactly what the sticker says is it. Anyway, all these people are complaining about the plastic dash boards and they forget about the Toyota reputation for overall quility. They can go back to there domestic made trucks, Ford, Dodge, Chevy, which by the way are mostly all made outside the U.S. I will stick with the LONG term quility that is made right here in the U.S. by AMERICANS!!"

alright

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"i used it as a work truck,then the tranni started making weird noises,i took it back to toyota and they said everything was fine,then i tried to start it one day and ot wouldnt.I will never buy a toyota ever again."

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"Poor quality for a first year truck. Too many issues that to this date have not been addressed with this rushed to market truck. Very thin exterior metal, especially on the bed and tailgate. Lingering TC issues and very cheap looking interior. Bed bounce. Engines starting to sound like diesels. Dash is painted not color molded in. Overall this is not the truck I envisioned from Toyota. If you really want one wait for the 09 redesign."

Fun To Drive

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Great truck. Fun to drive, good performance, many creature comforts. City MPG 13.5. Highway MPG 20+. Tempting to use the 381 HP however it kills gas mileage. Truck is huge compared to the 2005 Tacoma I traded for the Tundra."

Tundra

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"This truck is the most amazing one I have driven. It comes with more for the money then any of the competitors, and it's a Toyota!! It will out-live any Ford or Chevy, and makes the Dodge look like a Hyundai. Thank god I don't have to drive domestic anymore!!!"

OHMYGOD!!!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"I love my new Tundra. Everyone told me I was too small to handle this monster. No way. I'm 59 years old and always wanted a truck. This is my first. The power of this thing was so cool! I gassed it and it threw me back in my seat like a rocket going off. (yea..I know ,you need to honor the beak-in period) I feel so safe in this truck. The only thing missing is a gun rack for my rifle. I am so in love with my baby, my monster baby! Kathy"