• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,007 - $26,650.

10/7.4

Based on 924 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

powerful, smooth, and quiet ride! Great design

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "Very secure at the wheel, great resale"

Cons: "Heater slow and console cover slippery"

"We've driven truck for 3.5 years and it has delivered everyday. Reliable, strong ride. Cozy interior though heater should be quicker and strong as the 4.7 L engine. Shifting is smooth and easy per Toyota quality. Strong Halogen headlights make some oncoming drivers blink at us. Backseat lites could be brighter upon opening rear door. Replaced first set of rotors and second set of brakes so we're pleased. Transmission and diff oil Checked ok at 77,000. I'd like to see a tailgate alert on dash on new trucks. Hauled mulch to gravel with no problem under the 1500 load max. Bought it CPO at dealer and it's a gem."

Best Truck Ive owned

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, durability, capabilty"

Cons: "bed can get bouncy on rough roads."

"I have had two F150s in the past and I believe they deserve the title as best selling truck because they have a pretty darn good package except for the unexpected issues. Once the ford got to 110,000 miles it absolutely fell apart so I looked for an alternate and found the Tundra. And Wow. This truck is everything that I wanted, its comfortable, big, powerful (especially compared to the 5.4), and capable. I expected the price to be higher than the competition, but a comparably equipped F-150 was more expensive even with the rebates and the Rams and GM trucks just looked cheap and gimmicky in my opinion. I could not be happier with this truck. The milage is moderate (about 14 in town but Ive gotten 20+ avg mpg on plenty of highway trips) and long as it holds up (as a Toyota should) I would not hesitate to recommend this truck to anyone in the market."

This is a very good truck

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

"Hi. This is a very good truck. lots of power, stability. This truck is not for crussing around. Used a lot of gas, good for long trips."

gas mileage is disgusting 12mpg town 14mpg

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

"relieability great power awsome gas mileage BAD"

This is the best truck on all fronts

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Luxury with power, tough"

Cons: "Having to watch someone else own it"

"This truck is the a beautiful truck that can winch anything from taking down trees to just helping a stuck vehicle or towing the space shuttle.... Without looking like a work truck with the custom front and rear bumpers made from 3/8" steel with the built in winch in the front that only add an inch from the factory spec covered in a custom black gloss type of rhino lining with shackle mounts and 4 lead recon fog lights... Did I mention the custom low profile bull bar wich just leaves enough room for a double decker 30" light bar turns any night time situation to day with a flip of a switch.. The rear bumper has the same specs with shackle mounts and 2 built in square recon LEDs to light up whatever is behind u when u are in reverse or if u simple want to to light up a field behind u there is a switch to run the same lights. These bumpers follow the tundra body style which is also the black TSS edition born in Texas if American jobs are important to u. Now u can step inside where the custom black leather seats with black Everglades gator skin inserts with silver lined stitching invite you to take a seat and feel the comfort of the giant crewman interior with rear reclining seats perfect for the family road trip or loading up ur gear inside the cab with 4buddies and go get that perfect buck or just tailgating at your favorite stadium. Not to mention the 20" chrome rims dressed with 33s from Toyota so you don't have to worry about your speedometer or alignment being off not to mention the quiet tight factory ride they couldn't have built this one any better in my opinion!!! I bought the truck with 22 miles and every single service and constantly shining with microfiber if they made softer rags I would use them.. Garage kept and a non smoker this truck will be sorely missed!!!! If I forgot any details it's because there are so many. Transferable bumper to bumper warranty till 80,000 miles I believe the best one they offered."

Rides like a luxury limo

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Great power & acceleration for towing uphill."

Cons: "Front panel could be improved for reaching."

"This Toyota Tundra is the Platinum Series so it has all the comforts. This Tundra includes a matching ARE canopy and has brand new tires all around. Also, has extra, new fan belts available. Only reason to sell now is because we are downsizing on vehicles."

Great truck but expensive for what you get.

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, Good looks, Fit and Finish, lasts forever"

Cons: "Gas MPG, still not as good as a diesel"

"Well built truck that has lots of power. Terrible gas mileage but performs great. Toyotas are the way to go if your buying a gas truck. They are built well, run well, and will last forever. However if you are spending over $42K plus for a truck you would be much better off buying a diesel Ford F250 Lariat or GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel. You will get more truck, more power, better resale and better gas milage. All for only a few grand more. My Tundra is a great looking truck and is more than I likely need.... But its no diesel. One thing I will mention. The Crewmax has every bit the interior room as a F250. Believe it."

Terrible no reliability I'm buying a ford

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Reason: No quality

Pros: "Nothing"

Cons: "Everything"

"Terrible truck wimpy engine, no quality or reliability or value. Ok I payed 49,450 for a brand new 2014 toyota tundra absolutely horrible it's been a nightmare 2160 and the trans went out 4590 the engine catches fire, on the hight way. I'm buying a reliable ford f-150 and if you are smart you will due the same. Plus the tundra gets terrible mpg to"

If you cant get the Ford you want

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "terible price more that the best GMC not worth it"

Cons: "in this day and age they still put a ugly antena"

"The truck is very nice ,It gets the worst gas mileage of any gas engine truck, they made it very difficult to do oil changes on your own witch I always did wont ever own a Toyota product again back to Ford or GMC much better truck you live and learn"

just add gas....it will do the rest

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "looks, horsepower, comfort, room, storage"

Cons: "i can't really think of any"

"this truck will not back down from anything. I originally had the 4.6L 2WD, and if you're more concerned with gas mileage, it's a better buy. However, if you live in the state of CO and are more concerned about horsepower and 4WD capabilities, it's a no-brainer!!! the 5.7L V8 sets the standard"

Never seen anything like it.

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Look, feel, fit, fun, safe, and got 23 mpg."

Cons: "NONE"

"I can't wait to drive this truck. It's a new category of vehicle; a Large SUV that drives and handles like a nimble sedan. The 1794 is a combination package that leaves nothing to chance. I drive 500 miles and it seems like I drove 20 miles. No pain, ergonomics are perfect and the seats are a dream come true for a long distance driver. BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWNED --- this is my 6th."

Purchased New 6 Years Ago

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and Powerful"

Cons: "No fun to drive, sensitive gas pedal"

"I purchased this truck for about $30K, six years ago. It has the 5.7 liter V8 and it pulls our 3-horse 5th wheel trailer without any problem. The vehicle has required zero unexpected maintenance. However, it is big and clumsy--city driving, especially parking lots, are a nightmare. Turning radius is the same as a 100 foot yacht. I have never found comfort in the driver's seat, either--it just doesn't fit me. Mileage is 17 combined without trailer and 14 pulling. Center storage, cup holders, and controls useful and harmonized. Gas pedal is hair-trigger, neck snapping whiplash sensitive. I've owned five Toyotas during my life but this is my least favorite."

Another great toyota products!!!

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Love the quality of Toyota product!!!"

Cons: "I wish mpg was a little better."

"The quality, comfort, and power of vehicle is amazing. I love toyota products!!!"

Hands down best truck and I've drove every brand!!

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "maintains value, fun to drive, power out the wazoo"

"This truck is all it was advertised to be! Absolutely love it! I've drove every brand and this is by far the most well rounded truck I've ever owned and drove! It gets put to the test towing and everyday use and it just does so without a complaint. Just keep up on the everyday maintenance and away you go. Most reliable truck on the market, not even a conversation. We had owned a Toyota Sienna for 5 years and was thoroughly impressed with how it had maintained it's value and durability. So I gave the Tundra a shot and will never look back!"

Power, reliability and good looks

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Power, smooth ride, good looks, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas miliage"

"I wanted a truck that did not look like a big rig and had the power to haul my 32ft travel trailer. This truck gives me what I wanted and still has a surprisingly smooth ride. If you are looking for gas mileage than this truck is not for you, I was expecting to get a little better than an average of 13mpg but I guess that is the sacrifice you make to get the power. I have the TRD model with 6 speed automatic and this truck can lay some scratch if you want it to. Overall I'm happy with it and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon."

Believe the hype

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

"It's amazing to me that a vehicle/brand lives up to it's reputation. I've owned and driven many competitors trucks and this Tundra has made a believer out of me. In fact, many of my friends and coleagues have purchased a Tundra after my positive experience with mine."

great truck

By on Sunday, December 01, 2013

Pros: "great to drive, very fast"

"Has headers and duals racing equipment from Toyota, skid plates etc. Never used for this purpose. Just liked it because it was fancy."

Great truck with no problem or reliability concern

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Great value and reliability"

Cons: "Stereo is mediocre."

"I bought this truck new and it has been a great truck. It's held its value well and I haven't had any issues. I just add gas and drive. I hauled my other car on a trailer across the country with no problems. The 5.7l has good power and I still was averaging 14mpg on the trip. I get comments on the Rock Warrior package all the time. I have tinted the windows and added a 3:1 level kit. Stereo could be better."

Best truck I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "The best truck you will ever own."

Cons: "Not having the On-Star option"

"This truck is fantastic. Comfortable works well in any environment. A pleasure to own, and it looks great too."

Better than I expected

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and will pull about anything"

Cons: "could get a little better gas mileage but oh well."

"I have always wanted a tundra so when my wife said I could get one I couldn't wait to find the one I wanted. I bought a 2007 model tundra SR5 crewmax 4x4 and it is better than I expected. It will pull anything I put behind it and it eats up snow like it isn't even there. I can't wait to get a new 2014 tundra."

best truck i ever had bar none

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "great truck to drive"

Cons: "blind spot by left mirrow"

"i fell in love with this truck the first i saw it,and it has not let me down.the only way i would get rid of this truck is if toyota comes out with a new one that i like better.the truck is fast and holds the road really well.i have a k/n air filter and duel ext that help with fuel milage,so if you want a good truck find yourself a 2010 tundra."

My Favorite Vehicle Ever (so far)

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "comfort, hauling, towing"

Cons: "lumbar support, short bed"

"I purchased the Toyota CrewMax Limited edition back in 2007. It has been an awesome vehicle to own. Here is some general feedback: 1. The hauling and towing is wonderful. I have hauled dirt, rocks, logs, mulch, pretty much anything. It handles like a champ. Hardly even know stuff is back there. I have easily towed a 31 foot travel trailer. No issues. 2. Comfort. I picked up my mother in law from the airport in it once. Her comment was that it was like riding in a Cadillac. Seats are comfortable. With the crewmax you get a lot of rear leg room and the backs of the seats can lean back a few degrees to make the ride very nice for rear passengers. My only complain is that the lumbar support on the driver seat, while adjustable, is not nearly as nice as it was in the GMC Yukon we once had. 3. I have had only two issues from a maintenance perspective. I ran into some issues with brakes early on but that may have been me not using the towing setting with a large load. Since consistently remembering to press that button, I have not had issues. The other was some defect that ended up chewing up my serpentine belt. I personally think warranty should have covered the belt but at least it covered all the other cost components. Otherwise no issues. I do wish I had not traded in my nice thick front mats for the wimpy ones they gave out because some people had issues with the pedals. I NEVER had any issues with the pedals so shouldn't have done that little recall thing. I have had the truck for 6 years and hope to have it many more. Even the current Tundras don't really have any features that would drive me to upgrade."

33 vehicles and the best one I've owned

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "extremely powerful"

Cons: "horrendous gas mileage"

"I've owned over 30 cars in my lifetime and I have to truly say that my 2010 Tundra Rock Warrior is the best vehicle I've ever driven the only upgrades have been 0-20 Mobil 1 oil...a K&N cold air intake. The gas mileage isn't the most bright spot in the Tundras quality but horsepower and ride is un comparable to Ford, Dodge and Chevy. I tow 6x14 dump trailer when full has been in excess of 10k easily and not a problem at all with a Tekonsha brake controller. With a little over 60k on the odometer and not one visit to the repair shop I'm very confident that I will exceed my 150k mark Thanks Toyota"

Total satisfaction with reliability & performance

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "performance, value and reliability"

Cons: "needs more toys"

"indestructible"

No owner manual

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Truck has every thing I wanted ."

Cons: "Toyota POOR planing"

"My truck was delivered with out any operating manuals, NOTHING, any feature of this truck you have a question about is just up in the air, nav. , radio, switches, jack & tire changing, any maintenance info. you need. The dealer said they ordered the owners kit, I called Toyota and was told these books were not even printed up yet, it would be at least 60 to 90 days before the dealers had them to send to the owners. The off road tires are only available from Toyota, so if you bust a tire you must get the replacement from Toyota, Michelin only makes them for Toyota, NO AFTER MARKET. Will that be a 90 day deal also ? I like the truck but not all of this poor planning by Toyota. Not looking forward to any more surprises."