• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,043 - $27,204.

10/7.4

Based on 890 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best truck I tested

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Chevy and Dodge do not even belong in this class."

Cons: "Wish I had bought the bluetooth radio/phone."

"I am 64. I bought this truck to last through retirement. I drove the Ford F150. Four door came with a death trap door that could not open easy. I liked the ride and comfort. It was my pick after testing the GM Chevy and the Dodge. The Dodge was a Truck man's truck rough and ready and seemed to have power to spare. I like the variable cylinder control for the economy features. Than at a last resort I decided to look at the Small Toyota. We gazed at the Tundra and I was dreaming. They offered me a super deal. After driving this truck I fell in love with it's tight feel and balance. There was no swaying. It stayed almost level on turns. Bottom line is that I take it on 600 mile trips. I have determined that this truck costs me about the same gas as a "loaded down" Ford Ranger and it holds more. I love my truck and the comfort I have on trips. I know if I had to I could sleep in the back seat floor board. the seats fold up. No one has complained about It being to small in the back seat. I cannot say enough good about my truck and the dealership here in Homestead. This has become what appears to be a Tundra town. the popularity is phenomenal and everyone that has one backs me up. Gas mileage? Not too good on short hops but makes up for it in comfort and economy on my long trips. I feel also that this is a much safer driving truck that my Ford ranger. Don't even talk about added crash protection afforded by the size of my Tundra."

My 2nd Tundra and I really enjoy driving it!

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

Pros: "Smooth power!"

Cons: "Heater not equal to this beast's size !"

"I bought this gem 3 years ago, a CPO, only 18,500 miles and impeccable Salsa paint with TRD package. Smooth shifting, powerful engine and great take-off upon passing. My only concern was the mpg, which read at 16.7 then nosedived to 15.1 last fall/winter. A service guy put me wise to the Reset button. Now the Info shows 16.6 to 18, even 19 sometimes, on expressways. One big con are rotors and pads that wear out quickly. I ignored the e-brake, and it froze so now I use it often, even on flat turf. Also, The heater is weak compared to our Prius, as it takes over 5 min to be cozy on winter degree days. Another design drawback is the expensive alloy wheels that pit or blister after 4-5 years in the Northeast. Suspension with Bilstein shocks is strong, hauls 3/4 ton gravel or soil easily in summer! Overall, the SR5 4.7L has a tough pleasing look, a wide cabin, and classic Tundra comfort."

Love, love, love my truck!!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "durable, dependable, roomy, versatile, & sexy"

Cons: "small fuel tank, poor antenna, interior colors"

"I bought my truck new and it now has over 100,000 miles on it. It still drives, looks, and feels like a brand new truck. I'm looking forward to the next 100,000. I've kept up with the maintenance and other than a shock that malfunctioned at 85,000 miles, nothing else has gone wrong. It has been dependable from the start. It pulls loads with ease and unless its a particularly heavy load, you can't even tell you're pulling anything. It has the 'get up and go' as well as the 'steady pull' to be an all around versatile truck. The inside room is amazing. If you've never looked on the inside of one of the trucks, you should! My kids and their friends are all over 6 foot and they fit comfortably in the front and back seats! The only downfalls I've found are: some of the interior plastic is grey and very cheap looking (although its held up perfectly over the years); the fuel tank is too small!!!! (25 gallons); and the radio antenna isn't very good (but it comes w/ a 6 disk CD changer & built in jack for aux, so that makes it hard to complain about the lack of radio). After more than 100,000 miles... those are my only complaints. All in all its been a great truck and if it ever stops running I'll buy another one just like it!"

Hands down the best value truck on the market

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Value,USA built,fun to drive"

Cons: "Just a little too much plastic on the interior"

"After owning a 2000 Chevy 1500 for 13 years and too many repairs to list this truck is awesome. It drives quieter than the 2013 Accord we traded in for it. It has more than enough power with the 5.7 ltr and on a recent 200 mile trip from Wasilla to Kenai at 60mph we got 21 mpg, well over the 17 epa rating for the hwy for this truck. It drives really solid and it just feels tuff. Toyota's reputation for reliability with the tundra was an important part of the decision to buy this truck. The driving dynamics and looks are just icing on the cake. We love this truck!"

Great pickup

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Large doors, reclining seats, fun to drive"

Cons: "Rear doors swing very wide"

"I really enjoy my pickup. It's great with the kids and for hauling the little that we need. When towing/hauling large loads gas is guzzled, even more than normal but other than that it's pretty fun to drive. Has a lot of "get up and go." I have been very happy with my pickup and intend on keeping it for years to come."

Tundra Grade Work Truck

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, quality. fuel consumption, 4x4."

Cons: "It is a 1/2 ton."

"Second Tundra. First is a 2006 Limited driven by my wife. I wanted something new without frills for me even though I am retired. Got the big v-8 and 8 ft bed. I don't know why, but I actually thought that this was a heavy duty truck comparable with a 3/4 ton. Found out differently. it is truly a 1/2 ton and maybe a hd 1/2 ton, but not a 3/4 ton. It is a good truck so far. Best mileage was 20.8 without a load on a 135 mile trip with only 2,000 miles on it. Worst was 15 something, again without a load using it around town and some highway driving. Not bad I guess. Towing it did ok with a hd trailer and another vehicle on it. No mileage recorded because it was a short 50 mile tow. The rear did sag quite a bit though. The other issue is that I don't know if it will take a camper or not. Mileage has been good, performance has been good and quality is good. My true problem is that my last 4 pickups have been 2 Dodge diesel 1 ton duallys and 2 Dodge diesel 3/4 tons. So I am somewhat disappointed in the utility of the truck. But with diesel .60 to .80 cents a gallon more that gas I figured I would try a gas truck. Now I am having second thoughts. maybe after owning it for a while longer I will get a truly better feeling for the truck. Only time will tell."

It's a brute and a beaut !

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

"Although I've only driven it in town for nearly 2 years -- and have less than 17,000 miles on it, I'm very happy and very impressed. This is one nice truck. I usually buy my vehicles new and then drive them for 8 to 10 years or about 120,000 miles. From what I've felt, seen, and heard, this one will easily take on that period of time. It is extraordinarily comfortable with the cloth bucket seats. Even though the engine roars at the slightest punch of the pedal, it's incredibly quiet. Backing is a breeze with the backup camera and the good size but not over-done side-mount mirrors. A definite negative but one I can live with is that it gets no better than 12.4 MPG in town. I admit I drive it a bit hard -- but even when I've intentionally eased up to test the MPG on a tank full, it still gets about 12.5. A plus -- for me, at least -- is that it is not over-laden with chrome as is the 'best selling truck'. The only real "con" is the factory radio. Mine came stock with a satellite, MP3 capable and Blue tooth which works fine with Pandora on my phone. I am partially deaf so I don't know how the system really sounds but it does fine for me. As to the "con", the radio panel is a very dimly lit LED (or whatever) which is even more dim when the headlights are on -- which, for me, is always. I intend to make a change-out of the radio for one with about the same features (including the steering wheel controls, which I like) for $500 or less. For a truck of this quality and rugged good looks, the radio was a very, very poor choice -- primarily because of the difficulty in trying to read what station or mode it's on. Would I buy it again? Probably -- but the 12.4 MPG would give me pause."

The best truck made

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

"I owned this since 2007 and Toyota Tundra's are the best truck made, you will not go wrong buying one of these."

This truck is great!

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Drives great, Toyota reliability, looks fantastic!"

Cons: "Factory radio is a disappointment."

"Replaced my Dodge Ram with this truck and haven't looked back. This is as powerful and is far more reliable. I have the Rock Warrior package with rock sliders and a spray in bed-liner. I get compliments all the time. This truck hauls loads of stuff for the house and I hauled my car on a trailer a few times and I forget it's back there with the great power. Reasonable gas mileage for a full size truck. Only thing that could be better is the stock radio is not that great for music."

This truck is great!

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Drives great, Toyota reliability, looks fantastic!"

Cons: "Factory radio is a disappointment."

Love this truck.

By on Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"I love this truck. The only complaint I have is the gas mileage. I get a steady 14.5 mpg."

All I was looking for in a truck.

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "Power, driver-friendly, attention to detail"

Cons: "Body sheet metal seems a little fragile"

"Reliable, powerful, and capable, this truck is all I need right now. Radiant Red looks great, and with factory tow package, it has more than enough power for my needs. Pulling a camper (20 feet) uphill isn't a problem with this truck. The double-cab configuration works well, with plenty of space in the back for passengers or equipment, with the seats folded up. In my opinion, a better, more reliable truck than Ford, Chevy, GMC, or Dodge. All were good, Tundra I found to be a little better. Worth the extra money."

best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"best truck on the road, Will continue to buy these."

WOULD DEFINTLY RECOMMEND THIS TRUCK!

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Great truck for great money."

Cons: "no cons"

"I own a 2007 Toyota Tundra and I love it! to everyone who says not to get one to buy an "American" made truck they are wrong!!! This is way better than the previous silverado I owned. To who is looking to purchase one don't hassate to. It's derintly a truck not to be messed with."

I'm glad I bought this truck

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and will pull about anything"

Cons: "Could get a little bit better gas mileage"

"I'd been looking for a truck for quite some time, And I was prepared to buy a Ford F-150 but my neighbor who owns a Tundra let me take his for a spin. I was a changed man, this truck is awesome. So I searched online for the truck I wanted and I liked this truck so much I traveled from Kansas City to Chicago to pick it up. It's been 1 year since I bought it and I cant be happier. The Tundra is one awesome truck!!"

Never going back to Ford junk

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "Very powerful, good resale, very reliable"

Cons: "Paint scratches way too easily."

"The Tundra's a very powerful, spacious and dependable pickup. Owned a nightmare Ford that was nothing trouble. I'd owed Fords for years but believed it was just normal to dump money into the truck to keep it going. Well, I decided to drive off in a Tundra and haven't looked back. This truck has been nothing but a pleasure to own."

Total garbage

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Decent ride on pavement"

Cons: "Poor quality. horrible ride off pavement"

"I bought this truck because it was cheap and the dealer was giving incentives to move them off the lot. So far, I am on my third transmission. I was told I was driving the truck too hard- funny, they did not say that in their commercials. Good ride on road, but on rough or dirt surfaces, you feel like you are riding in a cement mixer. Seats are comfortable, but the interior had a few trim pieces that fell off."

my experience with tundra

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "never had a mech issue"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"i traded in my 03 f250 sd for my new tundra ...i have to say after years of ownership ...i would highly recomend this truck to anyone in the market for a new full size truck. gas milage a little on poor side ..over all average for me was about 17 with highway and city combined, the truck would pull anything and it has a very comfy ride .. i am looking to trade mine in this week for a new camry because of the higher fuel milage"

You'll not be disappointed...

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Capability, durability, comfort, and reliability"

Cons: "It is a little bit "thirsty" with gas"

"I bought my '07 Tundra (Reg cab, 4WD, standard bed, TRD package) when it was 2 years old and only had 8,500 miles on it. In addition to the EXCELLENT, reliable, comfortable, durable and rugged service my truck has given me, I am also pleased to note that having owned it now for almost 4 years myself, the resale value for it is STILL higher than what I paid for the truck. I'm an average person who uses the truck to haul mulch, tow things on occasion, carry lumber and stuff for home projects, and get me around in bad weather. I am happy to report that it always does the work I need it to do, I have never had any problems, and the (very few) times I've taken it to the shop (for a recall and normal maintenance), I always have excellent service from the Toyota staff at our dealership. After owning/loving 2 Tacoma's previously and now my Tundra...you couldn't get me to consider another truck brand. The one 'wish' I'd make is that there were more luxury features available with the standard cab/4WD (leather, etc.). I hope if you buy one, you have as good of an experience with yours as I have!"

Traded a 2007 Avalanche LTZ 4 the 2012 Tundra

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cons: "passanger seat is a 4way not 8 way like the driver"

"The Tundra Exceeds all my expectations there are only minor things I miss from my Avalanche like auto wipers, when you locked the doors it locked the tailgate also, the auto start would turn the heat or a/c on and the tire pressure monitors told you how much pressure was in each tire. But beyond that its not even close the Tundras ride and power far exceed the chevy. the saftey features, blue tooth stereo, quality engineering,factory spray-in bed liner, roomy interior and big dog good looking exterior make the Tundra a hard number to beat. Fuel mileage is actually 2 miles better per gallon than the Avalanche, not what the sicke said. And the Whole back window lets down with a push of a button."

Awesome!

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

"Can't go wrong with a Toyota pickup. I'm just about to hit 90,000 miles in my 2009 Crewmax Cab, but have not been back to the dealer for anything more than routine service. Love the power of the engine and the space of the Crewmax interior. Gas mileage is horrible, but that's not unexpected from a truck. I think Toyota's advertised mileage is much more realistic than the mpg claims of the other truck makers."

love this truck 5.7 have lots of power.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "power and looks."

Cons: "Gas 12 mpg with 5.7 V8"

"the tundra is one of the best trucks in the market,power and looks."

STRONG...LIKE BULL

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "VERY POWERFUL 3/4 TON AT 1/2 TON PRICING"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have owned this beast since new,i cannot believe how versatile it has been. I have towed big boats, hauled heavy furniture,packed it full of family and cargo and not once has it failed me. With 32000 miles on the clock i took it to the dealer for its 30k maintenance visit.The only thing that needed replacing were the wiper blades! The brakes were only worn 30%, Toyota built this truck heavy,and it can handle any thing i need,fuel milage is very respectable for near 400 horsepower delivering 17 city and 19 highway,numbers that are accurate and true. If for some reason i ever need another truck,in my mind there is just one choice. ANY other truck does not come close,just drive the rest first,then be surprised by Tundra!"

Problems from the start

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

"My 2007 Tundra Crew Max had three drive shafts replaced the first 12,000 miles. At 16,000 miles the front differential was replaced. Mine was made in Princeton Indiana. That's the problem.........Japanese vehicle made in Indiana. My wife's RAV 2009 was made completely in Japan and has been flawless."

Tremendous truck!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

"I just hit 110,000 miles in my 08 double cab with the 5.7L V8. Very impressed by the low cost of operating this truck. Mileage actually isn't too bad at 15-16 mpg if I'm averaging my city and highway driving. It's been a completely trouble free, comfortable rig with more power than any gas truck I've ever owned. I'm also happy that the resale value of my truck is still strong...Still don't plan on selling though!-"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25