• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,921 - $25,887.

10/7.4

Based on 979 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Nice Truck but needs refinement

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, looks, accessories"

Cons: "Fit and finish not thought out well for user, loud"

"I have the 08 crewmax limited 4X4. I do enjoy this truck but their are a few design flaws that need to be addressed. Not bad enough to not buy it though The radio does not read cd tracks and display them on the screen even though it has a track name list, they are all blank. Every time truck turns on the screen displays the map. You can't adjust what screen to start on. I do mostly city driving where I do not need a map therefore it would be nice to have the radio displayed on startup instead of me having to switch it. City driving gas mileage without towing or full is approx 10 MPG. I get around 14.5 on the highway. Don't believe the displayed MPG. This thing loves gas. Door handles don't feel solid. In fact you can move their covers back and forth with little effort. Eye/Sunglasses holders in doors have no lining to protect glasses. Business card holders hold about 5 cards if you can get them in. And there are more...... Thing is this is a great truck! Problem is that the fit and finish wasnt thought out too well for the end user. Seems like they said lets throw in some extra features but not make them well. Who would want their glasses scratched up? Put a lining on it. Extra cost maybe $1/door max. Even my wife's 10 year old minivan displays cd tracks. Put the same cd in my truck. No go. Even dealer couldn't figure it out. There are many more items that are positive though. Namely looks, comfort, drive ability, room, center console seats, etc. I would buy this again."

Love my Tundra!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, fun 2 drive, great power to pass/pull"

Cons: "reach to radio"

"Great power and very responsive. Handles like a sports car for it being a full size pick-up."

The best of my three trucks

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"My 2007 Tundra has the very powerful 5.7L, 81000 miles, and it's very reliable. I own this, a 2003 Tacoma and 2009 GMC 3500HD. This is actually the truck I've enjoyed owning the most. The Tacoma is great, but I just love the room and capability of the Tundra. The Tundra's 16 mpg isn't that much different than the Tacoma's 17ish MPG. The Sierra is a pain in the neck. It drives terrible, gets miserable gas mileage, and has made more trips to the dealer for warranty work than both of my Toyota trucks combined."

My Summary

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, powerful and beautiful!!!!"

Cons: "At 6' 3", I stand on side boards to drop inside"

Hunting quail in Vail Lake area and off road.

"After driving the I-15 and experiencing the heavy 80 MPH flow of traffic, believed it wise to drive a hefty powerful truck. Did my usual research and chose the Tundra TRD over the Dodge! This Tundra TRD is a powerful (5.7L) with its massive torque and 10.5” gear ring. It’s a 410 rear differential and its GVWR is 10,800!!! I used it for hunting, never towed with it and believe if I had; it'd be as good, if not better, than all others. Still has the original brake pads (which are now at 4mm) and rotators. I love this truck and swore I'd never sell it. Unfortunately, we cannot control fuel prices. I have recorded every tank of gas, rotated the tires with every 5K oil changes ONLY at Toyota dealerships. The average is 16mpg city and 19mpg highway; but hit 20mpg a few times. If you are looking to buy a truck, most definitely go Toyota Tundra and if you're going off road, DEFINITELY the Tundra TRD! PS: The "Desert Sand" color hides dirt well."

Hunting quail in Vail Lake area and off road.

This 2007 Limited Tundra w/ Red Rock Edition is

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "GREAT RODE TRIP RIDE!"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"This truck is the BOMB! I have no issues with it at all. It rides smooth and has plenty of power for what ever. It rolls as good and performs as good as Crimson Tide! Really, it has been a pleasure to own. Toyota has made another Great Product. ROLL TOYOTA ROLL, just like BAMA #1."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Power for a gas engine is impressive"

Cons: "Interior is a bit bland"

"Best truck I've ever owned. The drivetrain is impressive. Great power and smooth transmission. I tow my boat, my race car trailer and camper and the truck never skips a beat. The 5.7 does a fantastic job getting it done."

Excellent Truck

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "interior space, quality, Toyota reliability,"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better city and hwy"

"purchased 2011 Toyota Crewmax, what an excellent truck, the engine sounds great when on highway. very ROOMY interior, great for kids in the backseat! Very comfortable ride. Owned a dodge and after several quality/reliability issues, started looking at toyota - i have no regrets!"

The best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Everything except fuel consumption, this is a great truck!"

Cons: "She drinks a lot of gas, great mpg for such a large truck (18mpg) but still a lot of gas"

"I have owned this truck for 3 years and she has not let me down once. I used her as a family car and plenty of room for three full carseats in the back and you can still fit through. I have pulled light loads for camping, and control was never a problem. I have also hauled loads of dirt, gravel, sand, bark for home owner stuff and she does great. It is almost better to have the smaller bed as it helps remove the tempation to overload. I got about 17mpg to 18mpg per tank with 20mpg highway. Great truck, great family vehicle."

Best truck

By on Friday, August 12, 2011

"i was told it road reallt bad and tried to compare it to the chevrolets but i know now it the bomb.i pull 4 horse trailers with it and it wont hesitate ever and very reliable truck would definitally buy another one.i almost bought a diesel truck to pull my horses but this truck is more powerful and better haul than the diesel truck and i saved probably 10.ooo dollers"

I love my Tundra!

By on Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pros: "Price was good, a blast to drive, comfortable (especially being 6'7")"

Cons: "steel sheels ugly"

Tundra in Tahoe

"I bought my '10 Tundra double cab 4x4 new over a year ago and I still love this truck to death. I get 16mpg in town and close to 20 on the freeway. I have no complaints at all about this beautiful truck. I take that back, the factory steel wheels are gross but they are coming off soon. I would recomend this truck to anyone who likes styling and performance out of their truck."

Tundra in Tahoe