2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

Based on 1002 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Awesome Truck Hands Down Best Bang For The Buck

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"At 50,000 miles dealer maintained. I have had no issues whatsoever. Runs great, smooth, and surprisingly gets good gas mileage for the size of the engine. I have the 5.7L 6 speed which is a must if you buy this truck. Don't settle for anything less. I average between city and highway driving 16 miles per gallon. And I have a lead foot and get on it quite a bit. Hands down best truck I've ever owned for its purpose. Rides great, tows awesome its by far best in its class it tows like a 2500 diesel. I had an 11,000 lb 5th wheel and it towed it like a champ. I averaged 10 mpg when towing which is as good as many Ford 3500's! With my old Dodge 5.9L Cummins 2500 i got 13 mpg when towing the same 5th wheel. I sold the 5th wheel but for 2 years towed it everywhere. I had a Reese 15k 5th wheel hitch and with an offset on the trailer hitch I never once came close to jack-knifing the trailer with a 6.5 ft bed. The truck drives almost like a sports car in a trucks body if you get the 5.7L 6 speed transmission. But make sure you get the SR5 or offroad package because it has the 4.3 rear differential. If you get the 4.1 rear diff you're wasting the 6 speed. Trust me I've driven many other Tundras when I drop my truck off at the dealer for routine maintenance. SO LISTEN GET THE 5.7L 6 SPEED WITH THE 4.3 REAR DIFF!"

power,comfort,luxury

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I have owned full size dodge and chevrolet pickup's before,but nothing even comes close to this tundra.I bought the limited 4wd double cab and have been extremely pleased!The 5.7 liter V-8 has exceptional power and performance!Very dependable and comfortable.I am presently getting 20.4 mpg hwy @65 mph.Around town and towing a steady 16mpg.This truck is as close to perfect as they come!"

Impressive Inside and Out

By on Friday, February 06, 2009

"Great truck, compares extremely well to my previous F250 Diesel and Dodge Ram. Outpulls, outperforms, and guaranteed to outlast, both physically and in value. Like driving a luxury car, except hoovering over the crowd. This truck is preferred on all family outings simpy because of cavernous back seating area and overall comfort. To date, no issues at all. How many new vehicles can you say that about after 18+ months of ownership. Plus oil changes at my dealer are cheaper than at the quick lube shops, further showing Toyota's desire to satisfy customers and keep them for life!"

fast, yet thin sheet metal

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"Excellent acceleration, brakes, and engine but flimsy tailgate sheet metal flexes even under hand pushing down on it. Also, front of cab dented when 250 lb youth atv rested in front of bed and when came to normal slow stop, put a dent/crease in the front of the bed of the truck by the rear window. A Chevy has a stronger/thicker tailgate and front of bed. Also, the interior plastic parts although fit better than Chevy, they are not perfect like they should be."

No Regrets

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"I bought my 5.7l dc lb 4x4 a week after the went on the market last feb. I have used my truck to haul 2000lb & tow 9000lb and have had not 1 problem. I have no regrets on buying this truck. Gas milage is great for me but i knew i wasnt buying a hybrid. May not be the best daily driver if you never plan on using it to tow or haul. I've read bad reviews about this truck but I've had mine for a year and dont have anything to complain about. --Like any car---treat it right and it will treat you right....."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals