• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

Best truck I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"This is my 2nd Tundra after trading my first Tundra in for a Chevy. The first generation Tundra was too small a truck for what I needed, but it was great for what it was. The Chevy did have more room and power, but I was shocked at what an unreliable monster it was. It really made me sad about giving up my Toyota. After numerous issues with the Chevy, and seeing the 2007 Tundra come out, I decided to get back into a Tundra. The truck now has over 75000 hard miles and not one problem. It's easily the best truck I've ever owned. If Toyota decides to make a 1 ton Tundra, I'm read to buy it."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, spacious, feels like a truck"

Cons: "MPG"

"My employment over the last decade has afforded me the opportunity to drive a lot of trucks made by the big 3. The Toyota Tundra beats them all, hands down. This truck has a smooth ride on the highway, but feels like a real truck when off road. Yes, the suspension is stiffer than a car, but what do you expect? It's a truck and I like the fact that it feels like a truck. If I wanted to ride in a car, I would have bought a car. The cabin is cavernous...lots of room. Even with the double cab. The 6'6" bed is roomy and has so far handled all cargo I've thrown at it. The bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone is a nice touch as well as I can take phone calls through the stereo system. The truck I bought was the base model with the 5.7 V8, so I have all the amenities I want without the fluff I don't want. The engine is hella-powerful, which means that this thing sucks down gasoline. Keep your foot off the floor, and you'll probably get around 16 or 17 mpg, but that's it. Again, no biggie for me because I only use this thing when I need a truck to do work. In short, if you are looking for a powerful, spacious, comfortable TRUCK so that you can HAUL CARGO or get WORK done, this thing beats Chevy, Ford and Dodge every time in my opinion. If you want a cushy riding commuter car, go buy a car, because this is not the vehicle for you."

Great truck but expensive for what you get.

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, Good looks, Fit and Finish, lasts forever"

Cons: "Gas MPG, still not as good as a diesel"

"Well built truck that has lots of power. Terrible gas mileage but performs great. Toyotas are the way to go if your buying a gas truck. They are built well, run well, and will last forever. However if you are spending over $42K plus for a truck you would be much better off buying a diesel Ford F250 Lariat or GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel. You will get more truck, more power, better resale and better gas milage. All for only a few grand more. My Tundra is a great looking truck and is more than I likely need.... But its no diesel. One thing I will mention. The Crewmax has every bit the interior room as a F250. Believe it."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted