• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews

Best truck I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"This is my 2nd Tundra after trading my first Tundra in for a Chevy. The first generation Tundra was too small a truck for what I needed, but it was great for what it was. The Chevy did have more room and power, but I was shocked at what an unreliable monster it was. It really made me sad about giving up my Toyota. After numerous issues with the Chevy, and seeing the 2007 Tundra come out, I decided to get back into a Tundra. The truck now has over 75000 hard miles and not one problem. It's easily the best truck I've ever owned. If Toyota decides to make a 1 ton Tundra, I'm read to buy it."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, spacious, feels like a truck"

Cons: "MPG"

"My employment over the last decade has afforded me the opportunity to drive a lot of trucks made by the big 3. The Toyota Tundra beats them all, hands down. This truck has a smooth ride on the highway, but feels like a real truck when off road. Yes, the suspension is stiffer than a car, but what do you expect? It's a truck and I like the fact that it feels like a truck. If I wanted to ride in a car, I would have bought a car. The cabin is cavernous...lots of room. Even with the double cab. The 6'6" bed is roomy and has so far handled all cargo I've thrown at it. The bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone is a nice touch as well as I can take phone calls through the stereo system. The truck I bought was the base model with the 5.7 V8, so I have all the amenities I want without the fluff I don't want. The engine is hella-powerful, which means that this thing sucks down gasoline. Keep your foot off the floor, and you'll probably get around 16 or 17 mpg, but that's it. Again, no biggie for me because I only use this thing when I need a truck to do work. In short, if you are looking for a powerful, spacious, comfortable TRUCK so that you can HAUL CARGO or get WORK done, this thing beats Chevy, Ford and Dodge every time in my opinion. If you want a cushy riding commuter car, go buy a car, because this is not the vehicle for you."

Better than I expected

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and will pull about anything"

Cons: "could get a little better gas mileage but oh well."

"I have always wanted a tundra so when my wife said I could get one I couldn't wait to find the one I wanted. I bought a 2007 model tundra SR5 crewmax 4x4 and it is better than I expected. It will pull anything I put behind it and it eats up snow like it isn't even there. I can't wait to get a new 2014 tundra."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted

See if you qualify for