2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1241 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

THE BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWN

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

"I bought my Tundra new in May 2003 with 15 miles on the odometer, ten year later now it has 107,754 miles, it still drives like it just came out of the showroom. It has comfortable ride, super smooth and quiet engine. There are no mechanical problems. I really recommend this truck to everyone."

Best ride

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, best driving"

Cons: "poor fuel mileage"

"The 2006 Tundra access cab 4X4 TRD is the best riding/handling truck I've ever driven. I'm sure that the TRD package has a lot to do with that, it will take speed bumps like they're not even there. The size of the truck is perfect for everyday driving and women will like it over larger trucks. The interior is very comfortable and all the controls are conveniently located. When they first came out with this model I did not like the rear suicide doors, now that I own one I love them. It allows you to access the rear of the cab without walking around a door. Since it is an access cab and not a crew cab the rear seating is more suited for packages rather than passengers. Unlike so many rack & pinion steering systems this truck steers easy and still has a feel for the road, the AC system is ice cold. A set of rear leaf springs were added to aid in towing and only seem to add to the handling. After six years of use, nothing has broken or fallen off, inside or out. The only issue with this truck is the fuel mileage, with the 4X4 package it only gets 12 mpg using E-10 87 octane, 10mpg pulling 4,000 lbs and 8mpg pulling 8,000 lbs. If you can get past the mileage this is the best most dependable truck on the market!"

My Tundra? Awesome...no other way to say it!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Durable/Reliable/Comfortable/Cost of ownership..."

Cons: "Low fuel economy..."

"My 2000 Toyota Tundra 4.7L/V8 4WD was built in June of 2000 in Indiana, U.S.A.! The company may be japanese, but my truck is american. I purchased it used in 2002, for a steal, $16,500 (with a '95 Chevy in trade - it had issues!)! Just looked it up on Kelley Blue Book and is still worth over $8500! Except for normal wear, it's still in great shape, I have done routine maintenance, some minor warrantee-covered repairs, and had a nearly trouble-free ownership experience. The body style gives away its' age, many can't believe it's going on 12 years old. The compliant ride; smooth handling; rattle-free interior with scanty wear; trouble-free mechanical/electrical; all these add up to the best vehicle I've ever owned! The only problem I've had is failing O2 sensors and w/ the check engine light that goes with them - and poor fuel mileage. I am told that the O2 sensors may be partly to blame for the mileage average of only 10-12 mpg, this may be true as I used to get an average 16-18 mpg -- but even this is less than I would have hoped for. Problem is the O2 sensors are $100/ea. and there are four of them to replace, add the labor to that and it gets cost prohibitive -- even considering the efficiency gain, still doesn't pay to replace them. It doesn't change my opinion of this truck, it is AWESOME, and I'll keep it until it gets too expensive to fix -- hopefully, then I'll find a good deal on a new Tundra!"

Awesome vehicle, worth the money!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "all!"

Cons: "none!"

"Sadly an uninsured driver totaled our 04 Dbl cab Tundra and now we are on the look out for one just like the old. It's been extremely reliable. We haven't had to make any repairs and it runs like new, ran I should say. They apparently hold there value really well too. They typically sell for more than Blue Book resale value, which is a good thing unless you are in our situation. We will look for the exact truck. Couldn't be happier with a vehicle. It's so comfortable, powerful and spacious. Toyota has thought of everything! The perfect ride!"

TOYOTA says it all. Best truck I ever owned

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "RELIABLE, COMFORTABLE, as tight as the day it was"

"Just like the reviews before me, gas-tires-brakes and a timing belt every 100,000 miles. At the last timing belt replacement I asked the service manager to replace all the hoses and he told me that the hoses were fine and they were designed to last the life of the truck. Not to mention that the dealership did not even stock the hoses since they had no demand..Best money I ever spent on a vechile."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals