2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1228 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Toyota Tundra

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I have absolutely loved this truck since buying in 2004. However, I go back and forth as far as recommending to a friend for purchase due to the problems with the brakes that Tundra's are apparently known for. Repeated trips to the dealership and lack of response on Toyota's behalf have left me with a bad feeling towards ever purchasing another Toyota - something I never thought I'd say. Low Quality rated simply due to the brakes. All else has been fine."

Solid

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"Been a great truck, reliable, comfortable, good power, does not drive like a cumbersome truck. However it is NOT a full size pick-up truck and as such if you are a large person it may not be your size. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs and it is fine for me. It does get worse gas milage than your would expect given its size. I average almost 14 MPG and have never gotten anything close to its listed 16 MPG city even on HWY and that is even afte adding a cold air intake from K&N. Runs much better on mid grade gas, tends to get pingy on the cheap stuff."

06 Tundra

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Great overall truck. Big Engine, not so heavy truck= very fast. i'm in a lease so i cant put any mods on yet, just the duals i got on the exhuast. it performs well off-road to. I am from WV, so i do alot of off-road driving. only a couple problems i noticed. as with all trucks its ahrd to get traction without weight in the back. the other, the stepside bed doesnt tow as much as the regular bed. of course both with all kinds of trucks, not just toyota. some good things, the engine isnt built into the dashboard, like the new fords. lots of space around the engine, not very foreign design. another great feature, the gas mileage. its incredible for a 4.7 v8 truck."

Best truck I have ever owned

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "reliable, awesome in the snow with 4wd."

Cons: "cheek heater button isn't in a great location"

"I have owned a couple of the big 3 trucks and this Tundra rides the best, pulls trailers just fine, and seats all 5 of us very comfortablly. On road trips its very nice to be able to have our music up front while the kids have ample space and can watch a dvd in the back with the wireless headphones. We love the power sliding window that drops down coupled with the sunroof open and all 4 windows down, it feels like a convertible that is safe. I average 18mpgs. Easy to do maint. and just did the easiest brake job I have ever done. Took about an hour. Rides like a Tahoe or the Seqoia. Very sure footed. Not a big powerhouse towing machine, but for everyday use and occasional heavy stuff in the back with the ability to be very comfortable upfront we just can't ask for much more."

Unbelievable reliability Gets us home safe.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Fast truck fun to drive comfortable and reliable."

Cons: "Gas millage turning radius it's a truck."

"Purchased this truck used in 2007 with 117,000 miles on it now I have 197,000 we use it on weekends to do Art shows all over the State of fl.I can not say enough about how happy I am with this truck .All I have done is timing belt, radiator,Tires,brakes.I will get 300,000 on this truck and maybe more.I trust this truck and would drive it anywhere."

THE BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWN

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

"I bought my Tundra new in May 2003 with 15 miles on the odometer, ten year later now it has 107,754 miles, it still drives like it just came out of the showroom. It has comfortable ride, super smooth and quiet engine. There are no mechanical problems. I really recommend this truck to everyone."

Best ride

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Best ride, best driving"

Cons: "poor fuel mileage"

"The 2006 Tundra access cab 4X4 TRD is the best riding/handling truck I've ever driven. I'm sure that the TRD package has a lot to do with that, it will take speed bumps like they're not even there. The size of the truck is perfect for everyday driving and women will like it over larger trucks. The interior is very comfortable and all the controls are conveniently located. When they first came out with this model I did not like the rear suicide doors, now that I own one I love them. It allows you to access the rear of the cab without walking around a door. Since it is an access cab and not a crew cab the rear seating is more suited for packages rather than passengers. Unlike so many rack & pinion steering systems this truck steers easy and still has a feel for the road, the AC system is ice cold. A set of rear leaf springs were added to aid in towing and only seem to add to the handling. After six years of use, nothing has broken or fallen off, inside or out. The only issue with this truck is the fuel mileage, with the 4X4 package it only gets 12 mpg using E-10 87 octane, 10mpg pulling 4,000 lbs and 8mpg pulling 8,000 lbs. If you can get past the mileage this is the best most dependable truck on the market!"

Awesome vehicle, worth the money!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "all!"

Cons: "none!"

"Sadly an uninsured driver totaled our 04 Dbl cab Tundra and now we are on the look out for one just like the old. It's been extremely reliable. We haven't had to make any repairs and it runs like new, ran I should say. They apparently hold there value really well too. They typically sell for more than Blue Book resale value, which is a good thing unless you are in our situation. We will look for the exact truck. Couldn't be happier with a vehicle. It's so comfortable, powerful and spacious. Toyota has thought of everything! The perfect ride!"

TOYOTA says it all. Best truck I ever owned

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "RELIABLE, COMFORTABLE, as tight as the day it was"

"Just like the reviews before me, gas-tires-brakes and a timing belt every 100,000 miles. At the last timing belt replacement I asked the service manager to replace all the hoses and he told me that the hoses were fine and they were designed to last the life of the truck. Not to mention that the dealership did not even stock the hoses since they had no demand..Best money I ever spent on a vechile."

Owned six vehicles over lifetime - Tundra was best

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "see review"

Cons: "none really. Perhaps could be cooler looking."

"Bottom line up front: Toyota really got it right with this truck... reliable, efficient, easy to maintain, decent gas mileage, sufficient towing and hauling capability, decent looking. All in all, I have put, perhaps, $3500 worth of hired and personally-performed maintenance on the truck in the 11 years I have owned it. Standard stuff: O2 sensors, new timing and serpentine belts, water pump, all filters, etc. Have never, ever had a "break down" or been stranded. Kept on top of preventative stuff, and combined with Toyota engineering/production, this thing has been a marvel. If you are looking to buy one second-hand, don't worry about the truck, worry about the seller/owner. If he took care of it, you will not be disappointed. You can't say that about F150s or Silverados, etc, after 155K. Even if they have been taken care of... you still might end up with a lot of headaches."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals