2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1230 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

great vehicle, great value, works hard.

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Durable, costs very little to operate."

Cons: "Nothing flashy, but it's a great work horse."

"My employees have abused this truck and it just keeps on running. The body is beat, because we plow snow with it the front shocks, struts and ball joints are beat, but it won't quit. I've decided to retire it and fix it up. I'll probably run it another 100,000 miles."

Tundra excellance

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Owned this Tundra for 5 years and it is without exception the best vehicle without a doubt I have ever owned. Comfort, reliability, good performance and value. No real problems i can remember to think of, it has never been back to the garage for anything but regular service. I extimate this truck will easly hit 250K miles before it is replaced. The 4.7 liter engine gets 17 mpg around town 19 on the highway at 65mph. 10+ mpg pulling a 6500lb travel trailer at 60mph. I included mpg info because I think it will help folks to know it. I do drive lightly on the gas pedel so others may not do as well."

I love this truck

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pros: "Powerful engine smooth ride mechanically sound"

Cons: "Access cab is a bit awkward and not enough room"

"I'm going to sell but only because I'm leaving country. I hope I can find her a good home. Best vehicle I have ever owned. I have taken her on hunting trips, moved with her but she still runs great, smooth ride and still looks pretty."

I love the '04-'06 Double Cab Tundras!

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Value, reliability, comfort, power, style"

Cons: "Poor (12-15 mpg), huge turning radius"

"I bought this '04 Tundra Limited (Double Cab) used in 2011 with only 41,000 miles for about $17,500. (Today with just 50,000 miles KBB still puts it significantly above that.) I love Toyota value, quality, and dependability (I own a 2007 Yaris, too, which just broke 100,000 miles without a single issue.)! Overall, the Tundra is powerful, smooth, comfortable (for ALL five passengers), stylish (aesthetics), and reliable. With the campershell, we love camping overnight in warmer weather. The only major downsides, which I knew upfront, are: the huge turning radius (not great in crowded parking lots) and poor MPG (12-15 mpg). Other than that, no regrets... except maybe all the hauling I end up doing for family and friends... Nah! That's a joy, too!"

Disappointed

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"Purchased new in 2000. It now has 148,000 miles. At 60,000 miles both exhaust manifolds cracked. Not covered under warranty. $2000 to fix and I was told it may happen again. Rear brake drums warped, not covered under warranty. $300 to replace. Warped again, replaced with Auto value drums- problem solved, Gas gage failed $500 to replace. Bilstein shocks failed. Replaced with Auto value shocks still good at 148,000 miles. Starter needed to be replaced at 100,000 miles. No complaint, that is a lot of starts. But it cost $765 to replace and took 7 1/2 hours. No repair shop dared to do the job. Had to have dealer replace it. Because of an unforseen relocation, after I purchased the truck, it has not had to haul nor tow anything. I am sure not hard on it as far as driving it. I am disappointed with the type of failures it has had. I bought a Toyota expecting the quality to be better. The engine has run very well-it still uses no oil, the truck drives very well. Perhaps I just got one that is not typical. Ignore the styling rating, it is the absolute last thing I care about a vehicle."

AWESOME ! truck and I love it.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and Dependable"

Cons: "cost. With a long bed its hard to park."

"I have taken this truck over 4 summits in several winters with no chains or roads plowed and it's AWESOME ! BEST YEAR OF THE TUNDRAS EVER. NEVER A PROBLEM as long as you do the maintenance."

NEVER ANY PROBLEMS

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "? wish gas mileage little better"

"On my third toyota tundra had 200000 on a previous tundra still didnt burn a drop of oil with 200000 mi and it was used hard for work and plowing snow started every day never let me down had to do basic maintenance tires ect... the model years owned 2000,2004,2006 you can't go wrong with these trucks."

Great and reliable truck.

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "Good towing power, comfortable, RELIABLE!!"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"My 2004 Limited Tundra 4x4 has always been reliable and very comfortable for long distance drives. I bought it used and put almost 60k on it within four years and it still rides great. Just change the oil every 5k and the truck keeps on going. Only things I've replaced are tires and a battery. If your looking for a comfortable, reliable truck, with good towing power, then I'd highly recommend a Tundra."

03 Tundra SR5 Excab 4x4 V8 TRD

By on Thursday, July 03, 2008

"After 64K miles it has been 100% reliable. Turning radius is wide, but reasonable for fullsize truck. Rides smooth and quiet, great torque off the line. Very capable and confidence inspiring in snow and mud, but too wide and long for serious off roading. Mileage has ranged from a low of 15 MPG to a high of 19 MPG, and averages 17 MPG per tank. Only faults are a squeeky dash that is easily fixed, and the front seat could go a little farther back for anyone over 6' with long legs. Rear seats are tight for adults, but fine for typical city trips. Six adults will fit, if necessary. Great value."

Best truck

By on Friday, October 05, 2007

"ive used a ford f150, a dodge ram 1500 and the Toyota Tundra i currently have, which has out-performed, and out towed the competitors. towing a 6,000lb boat is a slice of cake and so is being on a slime covered ramp pulling the boat out. it drives great in all weather conditions and has only had new tires and oil changes, with 110,000 miles on it is still running like the day i bought it. i have recommended this to my friends and others that have asked for my advice when buying a truck. **and i dont baby this truck either."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals