• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1182 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

favorite truck

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"Bought this truck in alaska, not only has it performed flawlwssly in extreme cold, but also in very hot temps of arizona. powerful V8 with loads of towing power. never had a mechanical issue with it and it does as well off road as on. very tight feel to it, no rattles in the cab after 25K miles like my other trucks. suspension still taught and solid accelleration. gass milage is still better than some new full size trucks."

Pretty Good

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"The Good: High resale value USA MADE Nice styling Great in the snow Powerful engine Good gas mileage 16 mpg. Locking gas lid Somewhat comfortable seats Nice sounding aftermarket dual exhaust Tows decent. Center console to put my belongs ON/Off passenger air bag shut off switch. The motor will run forever but the body won’t. The Bad: Interior parts break easy such as the rear window latches. Parts are Expensive because it’s foreign. Back seats are kind of tight. Sticking Seat belts/ tend to not retract. Major paint chips/ Bad Clear coat since day one. Bought this truck when it first came out in 5/99 Bed rusted where the frame joins the bed bolts. Goes through brakes every 15,000 if you’re pulling a boat its even worse about 10,000. The truck is just starting to go through some major repairs. In the last year I've put in about $2,500 or more into major repairs such as, timing belt, starter, rear shocks, front bushings, tires, brakes, battery, alternator, water pump and so on. Most of these major repairs started at 95,000 miles. The truck currently has 112,500 miles. The truck did not have TRD package, ABS, or the Fender flares. Considering one: If I had to do this again, I’d buy one with the TRD Package Limited with leather and the upgraded 4.7L 271HP. My truck didn’t have TRD package but I think that’s why the brakes were wearing out so quickly."

Good, dependable truck

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"I have owned my Tundra V6 SR5 Access Cab since 2002. The truck has proven to be very dependable. We haven't had any trouble except a recall on front ball joints, which was replaced quickly by Toyota. The truck took a hit on the passenger side that resulted in 5000.00 to repair and never drove any different...even before it was repaired. Even with the V6 it has enough power to pull anything we have attached to it, plus we enjoy the extra gas mileage. Don't get me wrong, you wouldn't want to go drag racing or anything, but for normal driving/towing, it does a good job."

I own a lemon

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"Ive had nothing but problems with this truck. transmission was replaced at 20k.Still shifts very hard and surges alot on down shift and when I take my foot of the gas.Frnt end was clunking at about 500 miles.Very bad and uneven tire wear.Toyota maintenance said it was my driving habits.I guess the ball joint recall had nothing to do with this.Very bad interior rattles and creaks.Had to have rear brakes redone due to out of round drums.Another service recall.Since no codes ever come up when maintenance looks at my truck they dont know what to do.I have only 38k on my truck now but no more warranty.Doesn't matter now....Im getting rid of this lemon."

2004 Tundra SR5 TRD

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"This truck rocks. Can't rate it high enough. Great quality. Unbeatable performance. Great ride."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals