2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1240 Ratings for the 2004 - 2006 models.

03 Tundra SR5 Excab 4x4 V8 TRD

By on Thursday, July 03, 2008

"After 64K miles it has been 100% reliable. Turning radius is wide, but reasonable for fullsize truck. Rides smooth and quiet, great torque off the line. Very capable and confidence inspiring in snow and mud, but too wide and long for serious off roading. Mileage has ranged from a low of 15 MPG to a high of 19 MPG, and averages 17 MPG per tank. Only faults are a squeeky dash that is easily fixed, and the front seat could go a little farther back for anyone over 6' with long legs. Rear seats are tight for adults, but fine for typical city trips. Six adults will fit, if necessary. Great value."

Absolutely the best truck I've ever owned.

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Light Duty will tow backhoe/bed capacity light"

2002 Tundra with 256,000 Miles - Still a sweet daily driver.

"This is absolutely the best truck I've ever owned, dependability-wise. I change the oil every 5K miles or so. I change the battery every 3 years when it dies. I add a fuel treatment every 3 gas fill-ups and that's about it. I bought this truck brand new in 2001 and now have over 250,000 miles. I'ts my daily driver, in fact, I just jumped in it and drove 160 miles, one way, to go hunting the day after Christmas. The kicker is, It still looks almost as good as it did the day after I bout it and put new Michelin tires on it. I still run on Michelins."

2002 Tundra with 256,000 Miles - Still a sweet daily driver.

NEVER ANY PROBLEMS

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "? wish gas mileage little better"

"On my third toyota tundra had 200000 on a previous tundra still didnt burn a drop of oil with 200000 mi and it was used hard for work and plowing snow started every day never let me down had to do basic maintenance tires ect... the model years owned 2000,2004,2006 you can't go wrong with these trucks."

Unbelievable reliability Gets us home safe.

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Fast truck fun to drive comfortable and reliable."

Cons: "Gas millage turning radius it's a truck."

"Purchased this truck used in 2007 with 117,000 miles on it now I have 197,000 we use it on weekends to do Art shows all over the State of fl.I can not say enough about how happy I am with this truck .All I have done is timing belt, radiator,Tires,brakes.I will get 300,000 on this truck and maybe more.I trust this truck and would drive it anywhere."

Owned six vehicles over lifetime - Tundra was best

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "see review"

Cons: "none really. Perhaps could be cooler looking."

"Bottom line up front: Toyota really got it right with this truck... reliable, efficient, easy to maintain, decent gas mileage, sufficient towing and hauling capability, decent looking. All in all, I have put, perhaps, $3500 worth of hired and personally-performed maintenance on the truck in the 11 years I have owned it. Standard stuff: O2 sensors, new timing and serpentine belts, water pump, all filters, etc. Have never, ever had a "break down" or been stranded. Kept on top of preventative stuff, and combined with Toyota engineering/production, this thing has been a marvel. If you are looking to buy one second-hand, don't worry about the truck, worry about the seller/owner. If he took care of it, you will not be disappointed. You can't say that about F150s or Silverados, etc, after 155K. Even if they have been taken care of... you still might end up with a lot of headaches."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals