2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1241 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Absolutely the best truck I've ever owned.

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "Light Duty will tow backhoe/bed capacity light"

2002 Tundra with 256,000 Miles - Still a sweet daily driver.

"This is absolutely the best truck I've ever owned, dependability-wise. I change the oil every 5K miles or so. I change the battery every 3 years when it dies. I add a fuel treatment every 3 gas fill-ups and that's about it. I bought this truck brand new in 2001 and now have over 250,000 miles. I'ts my daily driver, in fact, I just jumped in it and drove 160 miles, one way, to go hunting the day after Christmas. The kicker is, It still looks almost as good as it did the day after I bout it and put new Michelin tires on it. I still run on Michelins."

2002 Tundra with 256,000 Miles - Still a sweet daily driver.

03 Tundra SR5 Excab 4x4 V8 TRD

By on Thursday, July 3, 2008

"After 64K miles it has been 100% reliable. Turning radius is wide, but reasonable for fullsize truck. Rides smooth and quiet, great torque off the line. Very capable and confidence inspiring in snow and mud, but too wide and long for serious off roading. Mileage has ranged from a low of 15 MPG to a high of 19 MPG, and averages 17 MPG per tank. Only faults are a squeeky dash that is easily fixed, and the front seat could go a little farther back for anyone over 6' with long legs. Rear seats are tight for adults, but fine for typical city trips. Six adults will fit, if necessary. Great value."

Unbelievable reliability Gets us home safe.

By on Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pros: "Fast truck fun to drive comfortable and reliable."

Cons: "Gas millage turning radius it's a truck."

"Purchased this truck used in 2007 with 117,000 miles on it now I have 197,000 we use it on weekends to do Art shows all over the State of fl.I can not say enough about how happy I am with this truck .All I have done is timing belt, radiator,Tires,brakes.I will get 300,000 on this truck and maybe more.I trust this truck and would drive it anywhere."

Owned six vehicles over lifetime - Tundra was best

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "see review"

Cons: "none really. Perhaps could be cooler looking."

"Bottom line up front: Toyota really got it right with this truck... reliable, efficient, easy to maintain, decent gas mileage, sufficient towing and hauling capability, decent looking. All in all, I have put, perhaps, $3500 worth of hired and personally-performed maintenance on the truck in the 11 years I have owned it. Standard stuff: O2 sensors, new timing and serpentine belts, water pump, all filters, etc. Have never, ever had a "break down" or been stranded. Kept on top of preventative stuff, and combined with Toyota engineering/production, this thing has been a marvel. If you are looking to buy one second-hand, don't worry about the truck, worry about the seller/owner. If he took care of it, you will not be disappointed. You can't say that about F150s or Silverados, etc, after 155K. Even if they have been taken care of... you still might end up with a lot of headaches."

Solid

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"Been a great truck, reliable, comfortable, good power, does not drive like a cumbersome truck. However it is NOT a full size pick-up truck and as such if you are a large person it may not be your size. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs and it is fine for me. It does get worse gas milage than your would expect given its size. I average almost 14 MPG and have never gotten anything close to its listed 16 MPG city even on HWY and that is even afte adding a cold air intake from K&N. Runs much better on mid grade gas, tends to get pingy on the cheap stuff."

AWESOME ! truck and I love it.

By on Friday, January 4, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and Dependable"

Cons: "cost. With a long bed its hard to park."

"I have taken this truck over 4 summits in several winters with no chains or roads plowed and it's AWESOME ! BEST YEAR OF THE TUNDRAS EVER. NEVER A PROBLEM as long as you do the maintenance."

Great and reliable truck.

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "Good towing power, comfortable, RELIABLE!!"

Cons: "Gas milage"

"My 2004 Limited Tundra 4x4 has always been reliable and very comfortable for long distance drives. I bought it used and put almost 60k on it within four years and it still rides great. Just change the oil every 5k and the truck keeps on going. Only things I've replaced are tires and a battery. If your looking for a comfortable, reliable truck, with good towing power, then I'd highly recommend a Tundra."

By on Friday, November 2, 2007

"The truck has been very reliable. The only issues that Toyota should of taken care of: Front brakes needed to be replaced with brakes off a 2003 Tundra, Exhaust manifolds crack, and Toyota will sell you another set that will crack after 80K miles. I may sound picky, but this is the only Toyota out 5 that I have owned that I needed to have to repair items that shouldn't of been an issue."

Best truck I have ever owned

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

"This truck is top notch quality. The only issue it ever had was a brake recall where the dealer replaced the rotors and calipers for free. Other than that it was trouble free from 2000-today 2007. Just gas, oil, tires and a battery. Wish my old Ford was even close to the quailty of this vehicle. No rattles, bumps or squeaks. No drive train problem ever! Very comfy cabin. The AC is super cold. I can't think of anything bad to say about it. If you need a truck, then I can think of no reason not to buy a Toyota. The rumors are true; Toyota designs and builds an excellent vehicle,"

Toyota Tundra

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I have absolutely loved this truck since buying in 2004. However, I go back and forth as far as recommending to a friend for purchase due to the problems with the brakes that Tundra's are apparently known for. Repeated trips to the dealership and lack of response on Toyota's behalf have left me with a bad feeling towards ever purchasing another Toyota - something I never thought I'd say. Low Quality rated simply due to the brakes. All else has been fine."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals