• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1218 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Great vehicle for work and everyday driving

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Convenience, reliability, comfortability"

Cons: "None to speak of"

"I have owned this truck for about 4 1/2 years. When I bought the truck it was used with 55000 miles on it and it now has 326000 miles on it. I use it for work everyday and it has come through with flying colors. I consistently drive about 200 plus miles a day and never worry about whether or not I am going to make it home at the end of the day. The only problem I had out of the vehicle was the water pump went out on it and that has been it. With the amount of driving that I have done I have no complaints. The next truck that I will get will be a Tundra. I was a huge Toyota fan before the this truck and now refuse to drive anything else."

2000 Tundra 4X2 Limited V-8

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Purchased/ordered truck new in June 2000. Most quiet/smoothest V-8 in truck market, 20 mpg on highway. Front and Back brakes had to be reengineered three(3) times by Toyota, no recalls for this safety issue. All brakes were replaced after fighting with Toyota for five(5) years and 80,000 miles. Also, a vibration problem and stopping problem on medium to hard braking. Transmission slips/shifts hard on the downshift when new and still continues with 112,000 miles. Radio antennae was replaced and still is loose. Had to have AC recharged August 2007, blows 52 degrees out of vent when 95 degrees outside, could be colder. Front end drifts when steering on occasion, could be ball joint recall problem. Rear leaf springs rattle on occassion, might upgrade to Bilstein shocks."

great vehicle, great value, works hard.

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Durable, costs very little to operate."

Cons: "Nothing flashy, but it's a great work horse."

"My employees have abused this truck and it just keeps on running. The body is beat, because we plow snow with it the front shocks, struts and ball joints are beat, but it won't quit. I've decided to retire it and fix it up. I'll probably run it another 100,000 miles."

solid and reliable- great all around truck

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "mpg (for a 4x4), tow cap, ease of use, reliable"

Cons: "a bit under horse powered"

"I bought this truck certified pre-owned with 34k miles and have not been disappointed. I needed a light duty multiuse truck and that is what I have. There is enough towing capacity(6500 lbs) to haul my boat, enough space in the back seat to fit three car seats, good enough fuel economy to get 16-17 in town and push 20 mpg on the highway, and nimble enough for my wife to feel comfortable driving it. I live in Alaska and it handles snow and ice, muddy roads and boat launches with ease. I've only changed the oil, greased, and changed the air filter. The 60k maintanence at the dealership revealed nothing wrong. In fact, the dealership has offered to buy it back from me twice because they are in high demand. If you don't need diesel pulling power, and don't want to deal with fixing things on your truck all the time, then this is the truck for you."

Dependable, Absolutely no issues, Smooth ride

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. The engine has good power, ride is quiet, and very responsive. The inside design is very basic but everything works and the seats are very comfortable including the back seats. I have no issues with this vehicle besides a dead battery."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals