2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1230 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Everything you need and a bit of what you want.

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "Power, Dependability, amenities"

Cons: "rear axle seals, stiff susspension, road noise"

"My 2000 Toyota Tundra has been worth every penny put into it over the last 8 years. It has been dependable as I have moved across the country and taken many a trip. The truck isn't outlandishly large like full size pick ups now a days, yet after all these years it still packs the power to squeal tires at the touch of a pedal. The dash a gauges are laid out in a fashion that allows you easy access without having to direct your attention away from the road. Handling is great and still crisp. The downsides are the rear axle seals burst every couple years and cost a couple hundred bucks to fix. The suspension is a bit stiff leaving small bumps jarring in their own right and the road noise is a bit loud. All in all, my Tundra has been worth every dollar spent and put in."

Awesome truck. Looks good, runs great. RELIABLE!!

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love this truck. Good looking, reliable, drives like a car. NEVER a mechanical issue in 91,000 flawless miles. No one builds a better truck for the money than Toyota. You work hard for your money, spend it on quality products."

Very comfortable on the highway, ok on back roads.

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

"It's a V-6; I get a steady 18mpg, mostly freeway commuting with no load. I had to replace the exhaust valves at 155,000m,for $3000, and a wheel bearing at 170,000m, for $360. I have done the front brakes once at about 145,000m. These seem reasonable for an 11 yr. old truck with high mileage. I would like better mileage and a stick shift, but this truck is paid for, so I'll drive it a ways yet."

My most enjoyable vehicle since learning to drive

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive and sturdy"

Cons: "No backup camera and LCD console"

"The only problem with this truck is that Toyota did not keep this design. It is perfect for the weekend tinkerer."

Best truck I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Great reliability, great value, and great resell"

Cons: "None that I can find!"

"Love my 2005 Toyota Tundra! I drive about 80 miles round trip each day for work and for a full sized 4x4 truck with a V8 it gets good gas mileage. I have no complaints about this truck what so ever! I recommend anyone looking for a full/mid sized truck to pick one of these up. And with such a high resell value you can go wrong. I've owned Toyota, Dodge, Nissan, Ford trucks and I always end up going back to a Toyota. Every other brand of truck seems to end up with problems and yet all my Toyota's have never had any major issues. The only issue I have had was a fuel pump and coil pack going out on my Tacoma. And that was after I got up to around 180000 miles on it. If your not sure about spending the extra money on Toyota... DONT! I promise that you wont regret it! But I cant say the same if you buy Ford, Chevy, Nissan, etc. Toyota Owner for Life!"

BEST VEHICLE I EVER OWNED

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "love love love it"

Cons: "GAS MILAGE IS POOR"

"ALTHOUGH ITS AN INCREDIBLE VEHICLE THE GAS IS KILLING ME BUT I STILL LOVE IT WOOULDNT TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD UNLESS ITS FOR A NEWER ONE!!!"

Great Truck

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "well built nice looking truck, love 20" rims."

Cons: "needs more power, wide turning radius."

2004 Toyota Tundra D-cab

"Very solid truck. I have an sr5 4wd. other than being down on power versus others it get the job done well. Towed plenty of loads over 5k lbs no problem. My only issue is that it turns slow and wide."

2004 Toyota Tundra D-cab

Great truck. Has always done the job.

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Reliability."

Cons: "Turning radius."

"If there was a complaint about the truck I would have two. First, each time filling up the truck, it is almost impossible to set the auto fill at the gas station, the way of the design always shuts it off after 5 seconds. The second, the turning radius. I need 3.5 to 4 lanes to make a u-turn. Having been in some SUV's, they only need 2 to 2.5 and simply turning in some parking lots can be a challenge with this truck. Knowing this, I would not have changed my decision to purchase. Have had it for 7 years and have changed the tires and battery, everything else runs as it did on the day it was purchased. Also had the 2001 and used that experience to purchase the 2004. Will look in 2 years to purchase the 2014 Tundra."

My Tundra? Awesome...no other way to say it!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Durable/Reliable/Comfortable/Cost of ownership..."

Cons: "Low fuel economy..."

"My 2000 Toyota Tundra 4.7L/V8 4WD was built in June of 2000 in Indiana, U.S.A.! The company may be japanese, but my truck is american. I purchased it used in 2002, for a steal, $16,500 (with a '95 Chevy in trade - it had issues!)! Just looked it up on Kelley Blue Book and is still worth over $8500! Except for normal wear, it's still in great shape, I have done routine maintenance, some minor warrantee-covered repairs, and had a nearly trouble-free ownership experience. The body style gives away its' age, many can't believe it's going on 12 years old. The compliant ride; smooth handling; rattle-free interior with scanty wear; trouble-free mechanical/electrical; all these add up to the best vehicle I've ever owned! The only problem I've had is failing O2 sensors and w/ the check engine light that goes with them - and poor fuel mileage. I am told that the O2 sensors may be partly to blame for the mileage average of only 10-12 mpg, this may be true as I used to get an average 16-18 mpg -- but even this is less than I would have hoped for. Problem is the O2 sensors are $100/ea. and there are four of them to replace, add the labor to that and it gets cost prohibitive -- even considering the efficiency gain, still doesn't pay to replace them. It doesn't change my opinion of this truck, it is AWESOME, and I'll keep it until it gets too expensive to fix -- hopefully, then I'll find a good deal on a new Tundra!"

One tough truck

By on Friday, December 02, 2011

Pros: "durability"

Cons: "turning radius is kinda wide"

"I have 140K on mine and its kinda loud and creaky around town, but I kill this thing everyday. Loaded up with 2000 lbs all the time and when its not, its getting jumped like dune buggy. Oil is still quite clean at 3000 miles and the engine runs excellent. Hit a deer with front bumper at 60 mph with very little damage. not even a fog light. Many thoughtful features , but an AC plug in the bed would be awesome. powerful steering , great brakes, and tough underbody( fuel tank, exhaust, ect...)"

Great truck! Couldn't have picked a better one!

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "extremely reliable, well designed all-around"

Cons: "paid a little too much for mine"

"I've owned my 2005 Tundra for 6 years... and have never had it in the shop any mechanical or engine trouble! Great for hauling anything and everything. Only downside was that I think I paid a bit too much (for the access cab model) when I bought it. But the truck has more than made up for that in reliability and just being an all-around great vehicle. I would definitely buy another Tundra... but the way this one is holding up, I may never have to. 2 pull-out cup holders two in the pull-down console, great console for storing necessities, comfortable seating (back seats a little cramped for adults but not too bad - it's an access cab, but perfect for my kids). Nice sound system. I replaced the stereo but kept the original speakers and amp - sounds great! Fuel efficiency is about what you'd expect for a V6 pickup - around 18mpg to 22mpg around town."

great truck

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"I have the Tundra double cab, it is my second Tundra and fourth toyota. I have a family of 4 and we fit comfortly. We have taken it on many long road trips and nobody has complained of being cramped and I have teenage boys not small children. I have taken it off roading, and it performed perfectly. It does good in snow, I would advise 4 wheel drive as the rear end is light like all trucks and will slip with the power. I have a 20' bayliner and I have towed it as far as 350 miles, and still managed around 16mpg while towing at 65mph, so power not an issue. I would recommend this truck to anyone, and I personally will never own a different vehicle then the Tundra."

2001 Tundra Limited 4WD TRD

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

"Still going strong at 150,000 miles, used as a work truck by a field geologist on every back way, side road, jeep track, and rabbit trail you could think of, and all I have ever had to replace are spark plugs, brake pads, 4 windshields (gravel from roads), and normal maintenance. Killed a 1,200 lb. cow elk at 60 mph with it in 2003, and I never left the roadway and was not injured at all."

Good Solid Full Size Truck

By on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"I purchased this truck at the end of the 2006 model year with huge discount as the new monster versions of the Tundra were coming out and the dealer wanted to get rid of the old model year. THE PROS: This truck is derided as being only 7/8 scale compared to a full size truck. This is an advantage, not a defect; and it is not really true. I park next to a 1990's Chevy at work and this Tundra is slightly larger than older full-size American trucks. This truck can easily take 20 sheets of sheetrock or a load of tile that will do most kitchens without complaining. The bed is full sized, but doesn't have the high sides like the new truck-which I like because it allows me to reach over the side to retrieve items rather than have to crawl into the bed. I think the official load rating for the truck is 1250 lbs, so just over 1/2T. The 4.0L V-6 has plenty of power and is very fuel efficient with my mileage typically in the 19-22 MPG range. With the 22 gal fuel tank, the range is over 400 miles. I don't pull trailers, so can't comment on that. Ground clearance is good and the truck handles an old rutted gravel road with no complaints. The access cab backseat folds up and is good for hauling luggage and other items out of the rain and keeping them secure. CONS: The front seats are not comfortable for long trips (over 4 hours is painful for me), but ok for around town. The access cab rear seat will sit two small adults for short trips, but more than 30 minutes would be considered torture. I wish that I had purchased the full 4-door truck. I don't like how the main door and access door open opposite of each other. Is ok when in a wide open space, and actually makes for a very wide opening, but in a shopping center parking lot with another vehicle next to you, it is nearly impossible to get your groceries into the truck. Turning radius is not great on this truck, but no worse than my brother's old Dodge. Overall, I like this truck and would recommend to anyone. Toyota build quality is as expected and I have no issues whatsoever in 60K of driving. I just put new tires on the truck, but have not even had to do a brake job at this point."

Best Truck Ever

By on Saturday, June 26, 2010

"I have an 05 Tundra SR5 TRD off-road package access cab. I have aftermarket wheels, tires, straight pipe, tinted windows, and a daystar leveling kit. Looks absolutely gorgeous! In my opinion this is the best truck ever made. The size is excellent, not too big and not too small. The power and mileage are great. I am somewhat of an aggressive driver and have yet to lose a race to any other 05 or older truck and when I am not driving aggresively I check mileage regularly and in the summer I always get 17 or 18 mpg and in the cold Iowa winters with 4x4 activated most of the time and depending on how cold it is I usually have 13-15 mpg which really isn't bad. Has never had any problems at 100,000 miles and I plan to keep it 300k+. Rides great, sounds great, (did a straight pipe in place of muffler and kept resonator), and looks great. My TRD off-road package offers fender flares, upgraded suspension, and styling that cannot be offered by any others. Why did Toyota stop making this generation of Tundras? I don't know but would highly recommend buying the best truck ever produced."

sweetness

By on Monday, June 07, 2010

"still never had a problem in 4 years. this truck rocks"

All over the place

By on Friday, May 07, 2010

"I have traveled all the way from Seattle to the south of Mexico and it is a dream come true. Best truck I ever had and I have owned plenty of them."

Great Truck

By on Friday, February 19, 2010

"I purchased my used 2004 Tundra 4 door in 2007 with 34000 miles on it. So far the only thing I've replaced are the tires and regular oil changes. Rides great, handles well, tows like a champ and has never let me down. I now have over 90000 miles on it and it still runs like a champ. Lots of room front and back, the power rear window is awesome in the summer time, and the stereo is first rate. I'd recommend this truck to anyone that wants a smooth riding reliable and never say die truck."

BEST TRUCK EVER

By on Friday, January 22, 2010

"Purchased a 2000 with 70000 mi owned 4 years longest I have ever owned a vehicle.Great truck still didnt burn any oil at 200000 miles and,it was used hard.Usual maintinence brakes,starter at 150000 and belts just traded for an 04 limited tundra with 50000 mi on it,will probably drive it for another 150000 plus mi great trucks,I have owned ford and chevy tundra is superior."

Wanna keep forever

By on Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Owned this vehicle for over 10 yrs now. dont want a new one! She hasn't let me down!"

above all expectations

By on Saturday, November 07, 2009

"very reliable trk, great on gas for V-8. no problems in snow(2wd model) handles great off road. great design and sleekness for a truck. tons of power for towing and hauling use. very comfortable and roomey for long trips."

It's a Toyata

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"WOW!!! This truck is amazing. It's a 2001 model and I bought it about 7 months ago with 92000 on it. It now has 103500 on it and I have done nothing except some oil changes. It has an extremely comfortable ride in town or on the highway. My only complaint about this truck is on trips over about an hour, my 6'3" son compains about the front seat leg room (He can't fit in the back seat). The mileage around town is about 16 and on the hwy around 19. Not bad for a 4WD V8 Truck. It tows my boat without any problem, I can't even tell the boat is there. I have a friend that has another brand of truck with a diesel (1996) and I had to pull his boat for him because he didn't have enough power to get it out of the water. Would not have bought anything else. My wife loves it and very seldom lets me drive it. Thats OK because I have the 07 Corolla S."

Great Truck!!!

By on Saturday, April 04, 2009

"The only thing that i do not like about my 2000 tundra is the way the washer fluid squirts out on the windshield. I have a V8 TRD and have taken it off roading and it has done amazing!!! This truck is great in the snow and very sturdy and safe!!! It is a comfortable truck as long as you do not have to sit in the back seat. The beach seat of the SR5 Access cab is very upright. This truck will be with the money you pay for it!"

Great truck!

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"I have had my Tundra for 3 years. I got it becasue it was the only full size truck to be a consumer repots best buy. It lived up to the reviews they gave it. I would get one again in a heart beat. I have not had any trouble with this vehicle at all. The only thing I don't like about it is that some times the access doors make it hard to get things in. (They open facing the bed.) Other than that minor thing. There is NOTHING I don't like about this truck. Go get one!"

best pickup i ever purchased

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"i bought this 2000 tundra sr5 4x4. new in january 2000. i have 175500 miles on it. i've replaced 3 oxygen sensors and the starter was replaced at 170000 miles. this truck still runs good as new. the manifold has been leaking for several years and i understand this has been an issue on this truck. wish i could find a brand new one just like it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals