• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

9.4

Based on 1218 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Great vehicle for work and everyday driving

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Convenience, reliability, comfortability"

Cons: "None to speak of"

"I have owned this truck for about 4 1/2 years. When I bought the truck it was used with 55000 miles on it and it now has 326000 miles on it. I use it for work everyday and it has come through with flying colors. I consistently drive about 200 plus miles a day and never worry about whether or not I am going to make it home at the end of the day. The only problem I had out of the vehicle was the water pump went out on it and that has been it. With the amount of driving that I have done I have no complaints. The next truck that I will get will be a Tundra. I was a huge Toyota fan before the this truck and now refuse to drive anything else."

2000 Tundra 4X2 Limited V-8

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Purchased/ordered truck new in June 2000. Most quiet/smoothest V-8 in truck market, 20 mpg on highway. Front and Back brakes had to be reengineered three(3) times by Toyota, no recalls for this safety issue. All brakes were replaced after fighting with Toyota for five(5) years and 80,000 miles. Also, a vibration problem and stopping problem on medium to hard braking. Transmission slips/shifts hard on the downshift when new and still continues with 112,000 miles. Radio antennae was replaced and still is loose. Had to have AC recharged August 2007, blows 52 degrees out of vent when 95 degrees outside, could be colder. Front end drifts when steering on occasion, could be ball joint recall problem. Rear leaf springs rattle on occassion, might upgrade to Bilstein shocks."

great vehicle, great value, works hard.

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Durable, costs very little to operate."

Cons: "Nothing flashy, but it's a great work horse."

"My employees have abused this truck and it just keeps on running. The body is beat, because we plow snow with it the front shocks, struts and ball joints are beat, but it won't quit. I've decided to retire it and fix it up. I'll probably run it another 100,000 miles."

solid and reliable- great all around truck

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "mpg (for a 4x4), tow cap, ease of use, reliable"

Cons: "a bit under horse powered"

"I bought this truck certified pre-owned with 34k miles and have not been disappointed. I needed a light duty multiuse truck and that is what I have. There is enough towing capacity(6500 lbs) to haul my boat, enough space in the back seat to fit three car seats, good enough fuel economy to get 16-17 in town and push 20 mpg on the highway, and nimble enough for my wife to feel comfortable driving it. I live in Alaska and it handles snow and ice, muddy roads and boat launches with ease. I've only changed the oil, greased, and changed the air filter. The 60k maintanence at the dealership revealed nothing wrong. In fact, the dealership has offered to buy it back from me twice because they are in high demand. If you don't need diesel pulling power, and don't want to deal with fixing things on your truck all the time, then this is the truck for you."

Dependable, Absolutely no issues, Smooth ride

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Best vehicle I have ever owned. The engine has good power, ride is quiet, and very responsive. The inside design is very basic but everything works and the seats are very comfortable including the back seats. I have no issues with this vehicle besides a dead battery."

Best Truck and Vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great off-road and in the snow."

"With 127,000 miles on this truck I have spent nothing on repairs - just maintenance. Runs like the day I bought it new. If Toyota had not ruined the design I would happily buy another one. Since they have ruined the design I will just keep this one forever and I am pretty confident it will last that long!"

2005 Tundra May Have Saved My Life

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Well built, few problems."

Cons: "Cruise control needs better placement"

"I had a collision at 55 mph with a commercial bobtail truck that rammed the left passenger door of my double-cab Tundra. My truck was thrown about 100', but I was able to walk away. Luck? Maybe, but I give credit to the structural integrity of the Tundra. I loved that truck and plan to buy another!"

Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "very reliable, great performance"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I have the 4.7 V8, access cab, 2 w/d with limited slip differential. The only engine cost other then oil and filter changes was oxiginator replacement. With 152k miles, it is still a very reliable truck - I had used the truck for several years for business that required to tow a trailer and off road driving. I was only stuck one time in mush in a customers back yard - great for towing, great performance, good ride, and the main thing - it has always been reliable and still is."

Wish i could buy another

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "A luxury car inside the cab of a truck"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"This is the 4th toyota pickup and first full size I have ever owned. I have the 4 door top of the line limited edition. The extra cost was worth the extra pleasures. The truck has been fantastic and i would buy another BUT Toyota no longer makes its top of line 4 door pickup with a six foot cargo area. To get six feet you have to downgrade to the suicide door 4 door model. All you can get is 5 feet now which is a definite drag. Also, this truck is a luxury passenger car inside whereas the new trucks are more commercial style inside. The only negative is gas mileage which is 14 miles a gal no matter what you do to try and better it. While i keep it maintained well, it has never been in the shop for a repair. If you can live with the 14 miles per gal, then buy this truck."

Bulletproof

By on Saturday, April 03, 2010

"We have had this truck just over three years, I just did the front brakes at 167K and that's all I have done other than oil changes and rubber. Reliable and excellent cab in that it is quieter still than my friends with Chevy's that have under 40K on them. Plenty of power and I haven't met anything that I wanted to tow and couldn't. Only problem was it took a long time to find one used, that is usually a pretty good indicator of what you are getting, however we still drove five or six used ones and picked from that bunch."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra Double Cab near Honolulu. See local deals