• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,725 - $30,766.

10/7.4

Based on 979 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab

By on Friday, July 03, 2009

"Plenty of power and torque. Smooth comfortable ride in stock form with the SR5 TRD package. Bilstien shocks are great. In stock form the truck sits nose low like a minx in heat. We added a leveling kit to raise the front approx 1.5" and the ride stiffend up a bit. If you are a tree hugger, then run over the row of Prius' because this thing loves gas like a bum loves his ripple. Around town is about 11-14mpg. On the highway, ehh, maybe 16-18mpg. Nice truck though. It's really hard to beat Toyota quality and since I've owned a few, I'm certain this truck will be tight and smooth for several years unlike the "American in name only" counterparts."

Don't get better than this!

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"From day 1 leaving the showroom floor I knew this was a great truck. I have had it now for 21,000+ miles and it has not one glimmer of trouble. Responsive, reliable, good looking and so much more. Great nav system. Powerful engine for cruising the mountains of Colorado. Tows the sleds and raft like they were in my imagination. Comfort and room galore. Handles like a dream. Really not one bad thing to day about this dream truck. I hope to have it for another 200,000+ miles! Get, it, don't sweat it. It's the best out there and we drove and researched them all! Mountain Manny"

Impressive Inside and Out

By on Friday, February 06, 2009

"Great truck, compares extremely well to my previous F250 Diesel and Dodge Ram. Outpulls, outperforms, and guaranteed to outlast, both physically and in value. Like driving a luxury car, except hoovering over the crowd. This truck is preferred on all family outings simpy because of cavernous back seating area and overall comfort. To date, no issues at all. How many new vehicles can you say that about after 18+ months of ownership. Plus oil changes at my dealer are cheaper than at the quick lube shops, further showing Toyota's desire to satisfy customers and keep them for life!"

can't go wrong

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I have owned this for 2yrs double cab limited 5.7, I have had every other truck and this beats them all hands down, power is great milage is good better than any of the others don't let them fool you I get 16 around town and 20 highway and could do better if I didn't live in a hiily terrian. never been back to dealer for anything. I can drive this truck all day long with my bad back and not get a bit tired."

SATISFIED

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO BUY A NEW TUNDRA IN MY CITY ON 2/15/07. PAID 34,600. FOR DOUBLE CAB TSS WITH LEATHER 5.7 TRADED Z71 IN ON IT, 04 5.3 EX CAB WITH 35,000 MILES GAVE ME 17,000. NOT BAD OK DEAL. I NOW HAVE 19,000 MILES ON TUNDRA. BEST 1/2 TON BY FAR OUT THERE. AVERAGE 16.5 MILES TO GALLON. THINGS I NOTICED TO BE IMPROVE ON TAILGATE AND BED MATERIAL ARE WEAK THIN METAL. PAINT THIN IN COATS. BUT OVERALL SOILD IN ENGINE DRIVETRAIN. WHICH IS WHY I AM GLAD I BOUGHT MY FIRST IMPORT TRUCK. THIS TRUCK WILL PUSH THE BIG THREE TO IMPROVE ON THERE TRUCKS. WE WANT 6 SPEED TRANMISSIONS AND HORSEPOWER WITH DECENT GAS MILEAGE. WHEN THEY START TO DO THIS I MIGHT SWITCH BACK MIGHT NOT."

fast, yet thin sheet metal

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"Excellent acceleration, brakes, and engine but flimsy tailgate sheet metal flexes even under hand pushing down on it. Also, front of cab dented when 250 lb youth atv rested in front of bed and when came to normal slow stop, put a dent/crease in the front of the bed of the truck by the rear window. A Chevy has a stronger/thicker tailgate and front of bed. Also, the interior plastic parts although fit better than Chevy, they are not perfect like they should be."

No Regrets

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"I bought my 5.7l dc lb 4x4 a week after the went on the market last feb. I have used my truck to haul 2000lb & tow 9000lb and have had not 1 problem. I have no regrets on buying this truck. Gas milage is great for me but i knew i wasnt buying a hybrid. May not be the best daily driver if you never plan on using it to tow or haul. I've read bad reviews about this truck but I've had mine for a year and dont have anything to complain about. --Like any car---treat it right and it will treat you right....."

Awsome Truck!

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"This is my 12th new Toyota since 1980. This truck is by far the best of the best from Toyota. Performance, Handling, Comfort it has it all. I have read all the preceding reviews and can agree with a few minor glitches described within some of them. With a totally new truck design there are going to be a few hitches. Some of the flaws that have been inherent from Toyota since I began driving them still exist today. The windshield when driving into direct sunlight does seem to have some built in specs. The body panels are a bit on the thin side. The towing mirrors are great but need to be folded in when you're in a parking lot as they stick out too far and people walk into them. If you're not going to tow a lot, I highly recommend the standard mirrors or the automatic retracting type. The back up camera is a much needed addition to this truck as there are a some noticeable blind spots. These are some minor details most of which can be corrected easily. What you have underneath it all is complete reliability. Toyota does know how to build a vehicle of this magnitude I have been waiting for years and finally they built a big one!"

My Tundra

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"I thought my last truck was the perfect one (2005 F150 King Ranch Crew Cab). This Tundra Crew Max SR5 is far superior even with less options. I may actually keep this more than my norm of 2-3 years and I've only have had it 3 weeks."

Best truck I've owned

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "power, comfort, ride, look, fun to drive"

"This is the best truck I've owned. I only have 10000 miles on it, but I can already tell how well it's made and the drive is smooth. I have the Crew Max 4x4 SRT5 off-road with the TRD package. It's a lot of fun to drive and safe as well. I've owned a couple of other trucks and this by far tops them all.The back seat is so huge and comfortable, the only way you would understand is if you sat in it. Plus there is plenty of space in the front. Been on a couple of road trips in it and the kids love it. Finally, it has a lot of power and the exhaust sounds great when you punch it. I recommend the 2015 Tundra to any one wanting a truck."

Seriously great!

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, turning radius, towing, visibility, power"

Cons: "Bump rear window control button with knee."

"This Crewmax has exceeded my expectations. A daily driver over my wifes car. A 10,000 lb camp trailer hauler in steep terrain without a single hesitation. Bench seating for six people on several 1,500 mile trips was just fine. Gas mileage is 15 to 17 year around. Back country muddy roads are no problem. Visibility is great and the back up camera makes for hooking up a breeze. The turning radius impresses everyone that rides with me. I would buy another one if anything happens to my truck."

Beautiful condition, near perfect exterior.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, will perform for years"

Cons: "Miles over 100,000 but with Tundra no problem"

Silver mettalic finish on Double Cab Tundra. Near Perfect exterior--no dints, dents, or scratches

"Even with 142,000 miles, this V8 engine is virtually guaranteed to go 300,000 miles plus. Gear-shift downshifting is smooth and strong. Quiet engine that gets quieter with higher speeds. Hills do not stop acceleration. Premium insulation protects cabin from road noise or engine noise. Jumps to 85 mph from 55 mph in seconds for passing. Interior is spotless. Truck bed looks unused. Hard tonneau cover looks new. Records available. Drive it to believe it."

Awesome truck!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "Made in Texas."

Cons: "Gas milage, hard to fit into parking lots."

"This truck's towing power is fantastic. It is rated at just over 10k pounds. The bed is small, so hauling furniture or wood from the home improvement store is difficult. The interior is enormous; which is the main reason to buy the CrewMax. Gas milage is not great, but that's to be expected when you get to this size of vehicle."

Great truck as always!!!!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

"This is the fourth toyota truck I have owned and the second tundra. I can depend on this truck day end and day out for my work needs and commuting. Took a 2000 mile trip with family and it was Great. I would recommend the crewmax to anyone with a family."

Hands down best truck and I've drove every brand!!

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "maintains value, fun to drive, power out the wazoo"

"This truck is all it was advertised to be! Absolutely love it! I've drove every brand and this is by far the most well rounded truck I've ever owned and drove! It gets put to the test towing and everyday use and it just does so without a complaint. Just keep up on the everyday maintenance and away you go. Most reliable truck on the market, not even a conversation. We had owned a Toyota Sienna for 5 years and was thoroughly impressed with how it had maintained it's value and durability. So I gave the Tundra a shot and will never look back!"

Will do anything I want

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "MPG. But, Hey, its a full size truck."

"I know there are a lot of trucks out there to choose from but by far the Tundra is the most well rounded of them all. The other trucks are great trucks and perform well but lack in a few spots. The Tundra really doesn't have any weak spots."

I've been driving since 1968 and this is the best.

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Power, performance, comfort and dependability"

"I used to be a dedicated GM guy but then I drove a Tundra. I've had Fords, Chevys, Pontiacs and Buicks and this is the best vehicle I've owned. Power, performance, comfort and dependability. I've put 87k miles on my Limited and have only had to service or replace maintenance items. It's made right down the road from me by non-union Texans. I'm sold on Tundra and done with Detroit."

Tundra Grade Work Truck

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, quality. fuel consumption, 4x4."

Cons: "It is a 1/2 ton."

"Second Tundra. First is a 2006 Limited driven by my wife. I wanted something new without frills for me even though I am retired. Got the big v-8 and 8 ft bed. I don't know why, but I actually thought that this was a heavy duty truck comparable with a 3/4 ton. Found out differently. it is truly a 1/2 ton and maybe a hd 1/2 ton, but not a 3/4 ton. It is a good truck so far. Best mileage was 20.8 without a load on a 135 mile trip with only 2,000 miles on it. Worst was 15 something, again without a load using it around town and some highway driving. Not bad I guess. Towing it did ok with a hd trailer and another vehicle on it. No mileage recorded because it was a short 50 mile tow. The rear did sag quite a bit though. The other issue is that I don't know if it will take a camper or not. Mileage has been good, performance has been good and quality is good. My true problem is that my last 4 pickups have been 2 Dodge diesel 1 ton duallys and 2 Dodge diesel 3/4 tons. So I am somewhat disappointed in the utility of the truck. But with diesel .60 to .80 cents a gallon more that gas I figured I would try a gas truck. Now I am having second thoughts. maybe after owning it for a while longer I will get a truly better feeling for the truck. Only time will tell."

Traded a 2007 Avalanche LTZ 4 the 2012 Tundra

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cons: "passanger seat is a 4way not 8 way like the driver"

"The Tundra Exceeds all my expectations there are only minor things I miss from my Avalanche like auto wipers, when you locked the doors it locked the tailgate also, the auto start would turn the heat or a/c on and the tire pressure monitors told you how much pressure was in each tire. But beyond that its not even close the Tundras ride and power far exceed the chevy. the saftey features, blue tooth stereo, quality engineering,factory spray-in bed liner, roomy interior and big dog good looking exterior make the Tundra a hard number to beat. Fuel mileage is actually 2 miles better per gallon than the Avalanche, not what the sicke said. And the Whole back window lets down with a push of a button."

Tremendous truck!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

"I just hit 110,000 miles in my 08 double cab with the 5.7L V8. Very impressed by the low cost of operating this truck. Mileage actually isn't too bad at 15-16 mpg if I'm averaging my city and highway driving. It's been a completely trouble free, comfortable rig with more power than any gas truck I've ever owned. I'm also happy that the resale value of my truck is still strong...Still don't plan on selling though!-"

Good bye SUV

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Fast roomy rugged"

Cons: "Plastic inside"

"Just got this amazing truck. We had a Sequioa. Then we moved up to a Mercedes Benz 450GL. It was the GL we retired to buy this truck. It's as fast as that M-B. My 4 boys are either almost 6 feet or over 6 foot like me. We just don't fit in the SUV. We got the bench seat CrewMax which is hard to find so that we can bring my teenie wife with us. We love that it is made near our ranch in Texas. Can't wait til summer. We are headed out for 3 months of road tripping through Rockies, Cali and the Pacific NW"

This truck saved my life.

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Pros: "roomy, powerful ,comfortable and SAFE"

Cons: "hard to park or back in limited spaces"

"I loved this truck although parking could be a problem since it had an 8 ft bed. We mainly used it as a farm truck and it never failed to haul or stop with ease no matter how big the load. Unfortunately it was totaled when I was hit head on by another truck. I survived with no broken bones only lots of deep bruises and my passenger only had a broken nose. Both of would have most likely have died as did the driver of the other truck if we had not been in the Tundra."

Very strong truck.

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Engine, room, comfort, handles well, reliability"

Cons: "They could use less interior platic"

"This truck tows great, the crewmax itnerior is crazy large, truck is a rocket unloaded, engine and transmission are very smooth, mileage is actually very good with 16mpg in mixed driving, reliablity has been great. Only negative I can find with this truck is a cheap platic dash that has warped a little with the sun and rattles with the cold... I don't have any other problems with the truck. All in all, this truck has been a great truck."

Worth the pain at the pump for me.

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

"I get a good 15-16 mpg in mixed kinds of driving. Over 20 mpg on the highway with easy throttle. If I keep my speed down, I can just barley get 14 mpg towing my double axle boat trailer on the highway. It loves gas, but that's not too bad for a truck. I have a smaller and a little more economical Tacoma, but I take my Tundra to work almost every day because of how enjoyable it is to drive. It's big, but it handles very well, turns easily and has tons of power. It's a great, reliable truck that's strong enough for almost everything the average persons needs but still easy enough to live with everyday."

LOVE this beautiful truck

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "Safety, style, ride, towing ease"

"This is my 4th Toyota Truck. I stil own every one of them, a 1999 , a 2004, a 2005 and now the 2011. They are all VERY reliable, have cost me nothing but basic maintainence to run them and my 1999 has the original clutch with 250,000 miles on it! I would never consider any other truck! My 2011 is a BIG truck but the safety aspect alone makes it well worth its value."