• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,356 - $31,665.

10/7.4

Based on 915 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Best truck I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"This is my 2nd Tundra after trading my first Tundra in for a Chevy. The first generation Tundra was too small a truck for what I needed, but it was great for what it was. The Chevy did have more room and power, but I was shocked at what an unreliable monster it was. It really made me sad about giving up my Toyota. After numerous issues with the Chevy, and seeing the 2007 Tundra come out, I decided to get back into a Tundra. The truck now has over 75000 hard miles and not one problem. It's easily the best truck I've ever owned. If Toyota decides to make a 1 ton Tundra, I'm read to buy it."

best pickup out of 4 I have owned

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, big but easy to handle"

Cons: "headlights,bump in transmission down shift"

"Easy to ride in for hours. good power when needed. excellent for towing. headlights too bright for oncoming motorists. Looks great"

Tundra Rocks

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Big truck that makes a man feel like a man."

Cons: "Mine's not brand new."

"I have had my Tundra for a little over three years now and I am in the market to buy another. I want some different features on my next truck but I love the Tundra. I have driven a 2010 GMC Sierra and 2011 Ford F-150 at work and notice that the GMC is not as responsive as the Ford or Toyota. The Ford is a more comfortable truck to ride in but it feels more like a grandpa truck than a 40-year old man's truck. I love the Tundra. Wait did I say that yet? I love the Tundra. And I'm looking forward to my next Tundra."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, spacious, feels like a truck"

Cons: "MPG"

"My employment over the last decade has afforded me the opportunity to drive a lot of trucks made by the big 3. The Toyota Tundra beats them all, hands down. This truck has a smooth ride on the highway, but feels like a real truck when off road. Yes, the suspension is stiffer than a car, but what do you expect? It's a truck and I like the fact that it feels like a truck. If I wanted to ride in a car, I would have bought a car. The cabin is cavernous...lots of room. Even with the double cab. The 6'6" bed is roomy and has so far handled all cargo I've thrown at it. The bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone is a nice touch as well as I can take phone calls through the stereo system. The truck I bought was the base model with the 5.7 V8, so I have all the amenities I want without the fluff I don't want. The engine is hella-powerful, which means that this thing sucks down gasoline. Keep your foot off the floor, and you'll probably get around 16 or 17 mpg, but that's it. Again, no biggie for me because I only use this thing when I need a truck to do work. In short, if you are looking for a powerful, spacious, comfortable TRUCK so that you can HAUL CARGO or get WORK done, this thing beats Chevy, Ford and Dodge every time in my opinion. If you want a cushy riding commuter car, go buy a car, because this is not the vehicle for you."

Great truck but expensive for what you get.

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Power, Good looks, Fit and Finish, lasts forever"

Cons: "Gas MPG, still not as good as a diesel"

"Well built truck that has lots of power. Terrible gas mileage but performs great. Toyotas are the way to go if your buying a gas truck. They are built well, run well, and will last forever. However if you are spending over $42K plus for a truck you would be much better off buying a diesel Ford F250 Lariat or GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel. You will get more truck, more power, better resale and better gas milage. All for only a few grand more. My Tundra is a great looking truck and is more than I likely need.... But its no diesel. One thing I will mention. The Crewmax has every bit the interior room as a F250. Believe it."