• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,725 - $30,766.

10/7.4

Based on 979 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

This truck is awesome!

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Fast, handles well, tows well, very comfortable"

Cons: "Loves gas, needs a diesel option"

"The power and capabilities of this truck are incredible. I traded in my Chevy Silverado after 4 straight years of nothing but problems. I'm about to hit 60k with my 08 Crewmax, but have not had to take this truck back to the dealer once for any kind of repairs. It's been everything I'd hoped it would be + so much more."

Very, very happy my Tundra.

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

"The Tundra is truly a great truck. I use my Tundra daily for my business. It's very dependable, capable and it's surprisingly fun to drive. I've owned and driven almost every full size truck made in the last 25 years, but it's only Toyota's trucks that rarely have problems (if they ever even have problems). The Tundra is not the biggest seller on the market, but that's not a big deal. Most people don't understand why that is. A Toyota truck is not a truck you'll need or want to replace every few years or because the warranty is out like with Ford and GM trucks..."

Great for towing

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "roomy, towing power, looks"

"I pull a 27' airstream (about 7000#) with my 2011 5.7l v8 Tundra. It is the double cab SR5 w/TRD offroad pkg. It does an outstanding job. I've driven up and down steep mountains, thru snow, rain, on gravel logging roads, thru the windy columbia river gorge, along the curvy coastal hiway and I have never had any inclinations that I was even coming close to pushing my truck to it's limits. All while giving me a smooth and quiet ride. I love my Tundra!! Btw, the best accessory has to be the fold down bedstep. That thing comes in handy."

I'd buy Another

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Interior Room, Style"

Cons: "Cheap Plastic Door Handles"

"The truck is great in a wide range of areas.Toyota dropped the ball when it came down to the little stuff such as: cheap door handles,Bed liners, RW Rim finish and awkward lug nuts. The interior looks kind of retro 80's and the dash could have been updated. Overall I purchased this truck to be used as one so the little stuff didn't matter. I have received comments from others about the cheapness of it. I would still give this truck a 4 out of 5 star rating due to exceptional performance in all the other areas."

Fantastic Truck!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"I have owned a number of pickups over the past 40 years -- Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge, Toyota, but nothing drives, handles, ride, and has all the features like my Double Cab 4WD Limited 2007 Tundra. I almost bought a new GMC but have two other Toyotas - A Camry and 4-Runner, and just am so impressed with Toyota's quality and lack of mechanical problems. This pickup does everything I need. I love all the extra storage compartments and space, the ability to access the back seat from the outside door handles, and the ride and room in that seat. Toyota really did a job on this truck. Now, if they would just offer a diesel or hybrid option they would have it all!"

Toyota Has a Winner!!!

By on Friday, June 27, 2008

"I work at a Toyota store and have owned two Tundra's since they were first launched. I've driven both the Double Cab and now own a Crewmax Limited. The room in the backseat is perfect for storage and any size/age children; or adults for that matter. I changed to full synthetic oil and changed the exhaust system and now average 20.4mpg consistently on highway/city mix. The nav system and bluetooth are a must haveand add to the overall experiene while driving around town on long highway trips. So far, I haven't put the power and towing to it's full use yet but know it's there if I need it. Great truck!!!"

Super truck

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"I just bought this vehicle after trading in a Chevrolet Silverado 1500. There is no comparison. This is one NICE truck. I bought the big engine and the acelleration is phenominal. I also like the instrumentation. At night it looks like a cockpit. Comfortable ride, quiet, just a great truck. I have owned Dodge, Ford, and thought I was a Chevy man until I got this truck."

Best Overall Half Ton Pickup Truck

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Value, Resale, Reliability, Fun, Power, Comfort."

Cons: "Can be thirsty but it's a full size truck!"

"My sixth truck and it's my favorite by far. I love the engine and six speed tranny combo, it's always in the correct gear. Loads of power and quiet, comfortable for even a long drive. I've had four adult and a car seat with baby in the double cab, and nobody complained. Doors open wide, windows all go all the way down. Soft drop tailgate and standard backup camera are awesome. I read pro reviews of bad mileage, but I find the more I drive, the better my mileage gets. (14-15 city, and 18.5-19 US MPG hwy at under 70mph, 12-13L/100km). The throttle is sensitive to aggresive inputs and you will burn lots of gas if you have a heavy foot, but it is reasonable if you drive efficiently. I look foreword to driving it every day- a real pleasure!"

Great Truck

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Need diesel option"

"Only have had a few issues with this truck. Main control chip for the engine went bad due to flex fuel problem. It was fixed and haven't had a problem since. Great truck wish they had a diesel option. Will buy this model again hope they keep building and improving on this platform."

Most reliable truck I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"My second tundra. The most reliable and practically maintenance free truck I have ever owned and I have owned more than ten trucks within the past 18 years.."