• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,053 - $46,296.

10/7.4

Based on 935 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Good value + It is a Toyota .

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

"This is my third Tundra. Previous Years 2006 Limited 4x4, 2008 SR5 Double Cab and the current 2012 4x4 limited that forms the basis for this review. I will start with the few items that are negatives for me. 1.) Gas Mileage is not that great app. 16-18 on the freeway on average freeway commute 40 miles which translates to about an 90 minutes for a 40 mile commute. 60 mph no traffic app. 19-20 mpg. I knew in advance about the gas mileage so I should not complain but something to consider with the 5.7 motor. 2.) It is a big truck and wide so city driving and parking can be a challenge, but when is it not. 3.) Rear shocks seemed to wear somewhat sooner than one would expect. Would I purchase the same truck again ? . No question about it I would and I am sure my next truck will be a Toyota Tundra. The truck rides and handles very well, plenty of room and all the features I could wish for. Looks great and very comfortable and I have had a lot of positive feedback about the truck. For me perhaps the number one consideration for my purchase was reliability and I have owned Toyota's for 23 years and guess what I have never had (1) mechanical problem. Routine maintenance, battery here and there brakes, etc, etc, . But, I know when I put the key in the ignition it will start and 23 years of reliable trouble free driving has been pretty nice. Thanks Toyota."

Best Vehicle I ever owned!!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Handing, 23 MPG with the 4.0 V6, Love It!"

Cons: "Computer Readout, Placement, No Rear Seat Vents."

"In six years of ownership, with 49k miles on the clock... And, No Repairs Of Any Kind..! One Battery, and one set of Tires, Oil & Filter changes, and one change of Engine Coolant... I could not be Happier! There are only a few minor design & comfort issues to mention: The Computer display, on the top, center of the dash, is very difficult too read, in Daylight... All Buttons, Switches, and Dials, should be illuminated, they are not! And, All Double & Crew Cabs, should have rear seat Heating-A/C Vents/Controls, Please!"

Beast of a Truck 2012 Tundra double cab limited

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Payload and Reliability"

Cons: "N/A"

"I've owned toyota vehicles starting in the 80s. I'm extremely loyal to the brand mainly because they just work and work and work... I've owned 3 4runners prior to buying my first pickup truck. My initial observations are, its big, its richly appointed and its a growling beast. the 5.7 i think is a must if you buy this truck. The ride is very good however I've been in some Chevy's that may ride a little softer. The limited trim is really nice and the sound system might shake some nuts loose. You pay a premium when you buy a vehicle of this pedigree. However the quality you receive is unmatched in my humble opinion. BTW, I never rate anything a 10 (with the exemption of toyota reliability), but this truck is a solid 9"

Smoother than the Benz!

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Smoothest ride ever, powerful truck!"

Cons: "Gas mileage 13.9mpg, blind spots,"

Sharp 2012 Tundra

"I have had this truck 2.5 years. I have not spent 1 penny on repairs. The truck is the smoothest riding vehicle I have ever owned. Very quiet cab. Every option you could ever imagine. Built tough, pulls great, 4 wheel drive is very powerful with my 5.7 engine..wow. I like the back window that goes up & down the best..."

Sharp 2012 Tundra

Best truck I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Strong, powerful and comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I only wish it got better gas mileage but I can't complain about the power and comfort. If they ever bring out a diesel I'll buy it."