• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,267 - $29,277.

10/7.3

Based on 890 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Is that a bell I hear? School's In Session...

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Size defying handling, accel, braking, Roomy."

Cons: "Thirsty, visibilty issues, Cheap plastic pieces."

"For a relatively new entry into the full size truck game, the Toyota has definitely raised the bar for the old guard. I have the 2011 Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4 with the 5.7L and 6 speed with the tow package and the 4.30 axle ratio. This Truck is wicked fast to me and my other car(s) are a Challenger R/T Hemi and a Hemi Grand Cherokee. From a stand still to about 80 mph I doubt either could put much distance on the Tundra and they weigh in at 1000-1200 lbs lighter. The Tundra rides and drives like a big Lexus even with the TRD Off Road Tires and suspension. I agree with the other reviewers that the visibility could be better and the back-up camera should be standard. Mine does not have it and backing up is a anxiety producing endeavor. I only have 7200 miles on mine in 15 mons but not a hiccup or incident so far. Of the three vehicles, the Tundra is always my first choice even though it is a thirsty beast. However, not as thirsty as the Hemi Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 which is 800 pounds lighter and only has a 3.73 axle ratio. The Jeep avgs 10-12 mpg city/14-16 Hwy to the Tundra's 13-14 city/17-18 Hwy. The cabin space is vast compared to the other two, and the seats are like Barcaloungers... Also, the 2 years free maintenance on the Tundra is a wallet relief after the $100 plus oil changes on both Hemi's with thier 8+ quarts of OMG expensive synthetic oil. Not to mention the amazingly quick Toyota service compared to the tortise slow Chrysler service. I guess the Chrysler techs are so busy with warranty issues that fast oil changes are not high on their list of priorities? As the old saying goes, "Nothing is perfect" but the Tundra (in my opinion) sure gets a lot closer to perfection than most of it's competition. Or, to be less critical of the competition, I will say that Toyota gets a lot more right than they get wrong. On the highway and even on secondary roads the Tundra seems to shrink in size to a midsize vehicle. The steering is very precise and the handling is excellent when you consider the almost 3 tons of real estate you are hurling across the asphalt on 4 little rubber donuts. The spacious and airy cabin along with the lack of wind and road noise and the smooth solid ride and good road manners makes long distance travel in the Tundra almost painless. Navigating small city streets in heavy traffic, or parking in small tight parkings spaces, not so much. In this area, I think all full size pickups become less of a joy and more of a pain to drive so that is not a flaw of the Tundra but a flaw of all big vehicles in general. However, I don't think all full size trucks share the Tundra's car like driving and handling attributes. Some trucks drive and handle like a truck. Which to me means clumsy, imprecise handling, and unpleastant surprises when vehicle is asked to change direction quickly or change direction while braking or God forbid, braking, changing direction, and hitting a bump or two in the road all at the same time."

Best truck on the market.

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

"The Tundra is a great, very well rounded pickup. I handles like a car, it's very powerful, it has a very easy to live with interior, it's also a great value. If you compare a $40k F150 to $40k Tundra, you'll find you're getting much more for the money. You'll also get Toyota dependability. I use my truck for my business daily. Over 80% of it's mileage is towing and/or stop and go driving. It still runs perfect with over 100k miles. I've not had any problems with the truck."

Best truck I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

"This is my 2nd Tundra after trading my first Tundra in for a Chevy. The first generation Tundra was too small a truck for what I needed, but it was great for what it was. The Chevy did have more room and power, but I was shocked at what an unreliable monster it was. It really made me sad about giving up my Toyota. After numerous issues with the Chevy, and seeing the 2007 Tundra come out, I decided to get back into a Tundra. The truck now has over 75000 hard miles and not one problem. It's easily the best truck I've ever owned. If Toyota decides to make a 1 ton Tundra, I'm read to buy it."

Forgot my Ford!!

By on Friday, August 03, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Power"

Cons: "Interior plastic marks when seatbelt hits it."

"Traded a 6.0 Ford Diesel after 136k and have not looked back! 3 ECU'S, 2 FICM's, 2 EGR's and a head gasket, that is after I bought it with 50k on it. Checked out the Oasis report, after I bought it, and it had several problems prior to me buyinbg it. With the Ford, the most I went was 30k w/o a major problem, motor was junk. Ford would not work with me so I started looking. I test drove all the new models and this is BY FAR!! THE best truck available!! It may not pull like a diesel but the reliability is FAR superior (at least over Ford.) I am sold on this American built truck!!! In just over 90 days I have over 19k on this truck. I drive 200 to 400+ miles a day and never question this truck. In almost 20,000 miles I've added a quart of oil (absolutely amazing!!) Will NEVER buy a Ford again, they burned their bridge, Toyota all the way!!"

This is the best truck we've owned.

By on Friday, January 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliability and safety"

Cons: "Maneuvering into parking stalls; towing capacity"

"We love the reliability of Toyotas and the fact that they hold their value extremely well. We maintain our Toyotas well and they pay us back with virtually no problems. We have never had a Toyota break down on the side of the road. It handles well in rain and snow. We have steep hills shaded by trees and never have a problem in the winter. Most people in our neighborhood cannot climb the hill out of our neighborhood in snow but we have no problems. The back seat of the Tundra is roomy for smaller people (6'0 or shorter) while the front seat is roomy for all. We love the multiple drink holders throughout the vehicle (2 in each door and 2 in the center console. The glove box, front dash storage and center console are very large. I've been rear-ended twice in our Tundra. Each accident caused over $4K damage to the small vehicles that hit me and only a dented bumper on our truck. Gas mileage for this big vehicle is great. Parking stalls in Western Washington are built for Toyota Prius-sized and smaller cars so it's challenging to park. We usually park way out in the boonies. Just a little more exercise though. We owned a 1991 Toyota Xtra Cab truck which we sold with 180,000 miles in 2007 and currently own a 1996 Toyota Corolla with 255,000 miles. Highly recommend 2007 Tundra. Would like more towing capacity with the 4.7L engine."

Love this truck!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"I've owned other brands, but Toyota's the best. NO PROBLEMS with 80,000 miles. Rearward visibility and interior materials are my only gripes with my Tundra. Gas mileage is a good 19-22 mpg on the highway. The 5.7L V8 engine is an extremely powerful and smooth motor. It makes this heavy truck feel like a high performance sports car. The interior room, storage space and the number of cup holders are incredible. I'm also thrilled with the resale value of the Tundra."

best pickup out of 4 I have owned

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, big but easy to handle"

Cons: "headlights,bump in transmission down shift"

"Easy to ride in for hours. good power when needed. excellent for towing. headlights too bright for oncoming motorists. Looks great"

Tundra Rocks

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Big truck that makes a man feel like a man."

Cons: "Mine's not brand new."

"I have had my Tundra for a little over three years now and I am in the market to buy another. I want some different features on my next truck but I love the Tundra. I have driven a 2010 GMC Sierra and 2011 Ford F-150 at work and notice that the GMC is not as responsive as the Ford or Toyota. The Ford is a more comfortable truck to ride in but it feels more like a grandpa truck than a 40-year old man's truck. I love the Tundra. Wait did I say that yet? I love the Tundra. And I'm looking forward to my next Tundra."

Better than I expected

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and will pull about anything"

Cons: "could get a little better gas mileage but oh well."

"I have always wanted a tundra so when my wife said I could get one I couldn't wait to find the one I wanted. I bought a 2007 model tundra SR5 crewmax 4x4 and it is better than I expected. It will pull anything I put behind it and it eats up snow like it isn't even there. I can't wait to get a new 2014 tundra."

Best truck I tested

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Chevy and Dodge do not even belong in this class."

Cons: "Wish I had bought the bluetooth radio/phone."

"I am 64. I bought this truck to last through retirement. I drove the Ford F150. Four door came with a death trap door that could not open easy. I liked the ride and comfort. It was my pick after testing the GM Chevy and the Dodge. The Dodge was a Truck man's truck rough and ready and seemed to have power to spare. I like the variable cylinder control for the economy features. Than at a last resort I decided to look at the Small Toyota. We gazed at the Tundra and I was dreaming. They offered me a super deal. After driving this truck I fell in love with it's tight feel and balance. There was no swaying. It stayed almost level on turns. Bottom line is that I take it on 600 mile trips. I have determined that this truck costs me about the same gas as a "loaded down" Ford Ranger and it holds more. I love my truck and the comfort I have on trips. I know if I had to I could sleep in the back seat floor board. the seats fold up. No one has complained about It being to small in the back seat. I cannot say enough good about my truck and the dealership here in Homestead. This has become what appears to be a Tundra town. the popularity is phenomenal and everyone that has one backs me up. Gas mileage? Not too good on short hops but makes up for it in comfort and economy on my long trips. I feel also that this is a much safer driving truck that my Ford ranger. Don't even talk about added crash protection afforded by the size of my Tundra."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25