• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2009 Toyota Tundra CrewMax

Based on 948 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Excellent interior design

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Dependability, easy access controls"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Only downside is the gas mileage, but what do you expect from a large, powerful full size truck. I love how convenient the interior controls are to reach and adjust. And you cannot beat that Toyota dependability. Great vehicle!"

Seriously great!

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, turning radius, towing, visibility, power"

Cons: "Bump rear window control button with knee."

"This Crewmax has exceeded my expectations. A daily driver over my wifes car. A 10,000 lb camp trailer hauler in steep terrain without a single hesitation. Bench seating for six people on several 1,500 mile trips was just fine. Gas mileage is 15 to 17 year around. Back country muddy roads are no problem. Visibility is great and the back up camera makes for hooking up a breeze. The turning radius impresses everyone that rides with me. I would buy another one if anything happens to my truck."

Don't buy!

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Starts!"

Cons: "Bad exhaust drone!"

"My truck came with a horrible exhaust drone. Have spent over $500 to date to help eliminate the drone. Was giving me migraines and nausea. Dealer said they were all like this so Toyota did not see it as a problem. Told me to go away and not come back. Toyota knows about the problem. Have told over 30 people not to buy a Tundra. Next thing to do to deal with drone is sound absorbing undercoat or trade in and take a bath on the trade in. Again, don't buy a Tundra. Last note, cup holders won't hold a regular coffee cup, only tapered coffee mugs."

Solid Choice for consumer looking for reliability

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "15 Cup Holders, Sounds Great, Chicks Dig It"

Cons: "Large Trailer Hitch, Size around town, Gas Guzzler"

"I have had this truck for 5 months now, and put roughly 8000 miles on it. I have taken it on 300 mile road trips and around town. It does great on the highway, however gas mileage drastically decreases from 55 to 70 MPH. Around town, the 5.7 Liter V8 is quick off the line. After towing a 4500 lb. boat around (more than 3,000 more than the limit), the truck showed no fatigue or problem. It did struggle, but that should be expected after nearly quadrupling the max. towing. The hitch receiver is very large, and I had to buy an extra large locking pin in order for it to fit. However Toyota has placed the connections for trailer lights above integrated into the bumper as to not rip out cords when you are off roading and rocks are hitting your bumper. The Limited interior is well laid out, providing lots of leather and wood trim. And holy cow! The back seats are massive! My 6'7" 270 pound uncle fits in the back no problem at all! The legroom is incredible. One thing to improve on in the back is that the air conditioning takes a while to reach all the way back, as there is only one small vent for all three back seats while there are 4 vents for the front seats. The rear seats fold up, and the large back door allows you to easily take in and out large, heavy objects. One thing that I wish toyota had put on the truck is an under hood light, as that would have significantly increased the ease of checking your engine (as if you were to ever break down - this truck doesn't do that) at night. The adjustable headlights allow you to not blind the driver in front of you at night when you have 4500 pounds of weight dragging the back end down. The humongous center console could hold a small adult inside of it, and has a charging port inside. The entune navigation system is very user friendly and easily allows you to input destinations, change radio stations, and change vehicle settings. The refreshed exterior is tasteful, but does not show off. The tailgate of the truck is a easy lift and lower tailgate, and you can take if off in 45 seconds. I've timed myself :-). Cup Holders are in no short supply - there are 15 of them. Everything is removable from the truck with some basic tools, so you can add accessories and clean certain bits. I have taken the front and rear seats out several times already to clean the interor of the truck really well. The rear power sliding window (by the way, it it the whole window that slides down, not just a small square of window) drastically improves the airflow through the truck when the windows are down. Despite all the upsides, it is a bit of a lumber bus around town since it is as wide as is legal in the US and is plenty long with the crew cab. Bottom line, I would absolutely reccommend this truck to anyone and would buy it again in a heartbeat. Not to mention, I can run it to ten million miles with just oil changes because its a Toyota!"

I fell very safe in my Rock Warrior.

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "Safety. Price. Comfort. Handling. Torque. Fun!"

Cons: "Need a lock on gas cover or cap."

"I purchased my Rock Warrior because of it's stats for safety. I am impressed by it's ride and comfort. Most new vehicles the seats dip down' the Tundra are 'flat' and adjustable. Also, the back of the seat is a fantastic height for tall people and do not 'force' you into a 'C' position whereas your shoulders are forced forward. The MPH is not bad for such a large engine. I just pulled a near 8000 lb. older trailer for my son to Texas from Vermont. Yes, the fuel bill was high... but with the tow package; the Rock Warrior was stupendous regarding stability. All I am waiting for is for Toyota to come out with a diesel engine of their own or the Cummings."

overall great truck

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Pros: "fast,strong,reliable,nice looking"

Cons: "on the 08, none really"

"I wish they kept all the same features in the limited. now i would have to buy a platinum just to get most of the features i have in my limited. problem is platinum only comes in a crewmax with a shorter bed! Also, the 14's feel cheap inside compared to GMC and Dodge. Sadly, this is why i will not be purchasing a new Tundra. My 08 is a great truck with no real issues."

luxury vehicle disguised as work truck

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

Pros: "toyota quality"

Cons: "none after 7 1/2 years of ownership"

"although there have been a number of recalls, we did not have any issues. our only repairs were common maintenance. another fine vehicle from Toyota & assembled in texas by AMERICANS."

Mecanical Design Flaw

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "Drives great--very confortable lots of power"

Cons: "unreliable--design flaw that Toyota will not fix"

"These vehicles have a design flaw 2010-2013 models. The seals blow out prematurely on the power steering racks which they changed design/vendors in 2010. Mine just went out at 62k miles and it is $3100 to fix--I looked it up and there are numerous reports of this same problem. It is widespread and systemic. Toyota has done nothing to remedy the situation."

Excellent truck

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Powerfull, Great ride"

Cons: "MPG. But was not my conern on a truck."

"This is my second pick up truck. The first one was a Ford, good truck but had to trade it in for a family car. I was in the market for a pick up truck again in 2011 and my first instinct was to go with Ford. Fortunately, Ford did not have what I wanted (low inventory). Went to test drive the Tundra and was quite surprised at the ride. I decided this was the truck I want and closed the deal."

greaaaat vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"I bought it new and never had to take it back to the dealer for anything, Love it. Wish they built a 3/4 ton HD."

Great truck, but a couple of concerns

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"I bought the Tundra new and have enjoyed driving it. I use it mostly for commuting, but it has seen plenty of use hauling lumber, drywall, dirt and gravel. The truck still looks great after six years and I plan on keeping it for several more years. Here are the low points/concerns: 1. Front brake discs look sturdy, but they still warped after only 22,000 miles. I had them turned and installed new pads, but that only bought me another 10,000 miles. I upgraded to after market, grooved rotors and get better braking performance with no issues after almost 30,000 miles of use 2. Front bearings rusted and needed replacing at about 45000 miles. The dealer did the work for free, but COME ON TOYOTA, what gives? 3. Seems to be a frequent issue in that the Anti Pollution pump failed at 55,000 miles. Once more, the dealer did the work free of charge; good thing because the darn parts cost about $2000. Things like the bearings and the pump concern me about keeping the vehicle for the long term as they're now out of warranty, but I'm going to stick with the truck for now"

Powerhouse

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "Power and Torque"

Cons: "Feeding the kitty"

"This is a strong truck and not for little girls. A lot of torque and 381 horses to match. Don't be fooled, it likes to drink (gasoline) but if you want power, comfort, reliability, and power (I know I said it twice), this is a truck for you. Be careful; black, scratches easily and shows dirt readily, but it is beautiful when it is clean and freshly waxed. This truck rides well and is comfortable in the two front bucket seats. The radio (JBL) cranks and the memory stick interface lets you put your own music into the system seamlessly (on a memory stick- MP3). The back seating area has plenty of room (even at 6'5) and your knees don't touch the back of the front seat."

First truck and best truck I have owned

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "price was right"

"Exceeded all expectations. Retired and purchased to haul boat and fishing kayak. Enough power, adequate gas mileage towing."

Good value + It is a Toyota .

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

"This is my third Tundra. Previous Years 2006 Limited 4x4, 2008 SR5 Double Cab and the current 2012 4x4 limited that forms the basis for this review. I will start with the few items that are negatives for me. 1.) Gas Mileage is not that great app. 16-18 on the freeway on average freeway commute 40 miles which translates to about an 90 minutes for a 40 mile commute. 60 mph no traffic app. 19-20 mpg. I knew in advance about the gas mileage so I should not complain but something to consider with the 5.7 motor. 2.) It is a big truck and wide so city driving and parking can be a challenge, but when is it not. 3.) Rear shocks seemed to wear somewhat sooner than one would expect. Would I purchase the same truck again ? . No question about it I would and I am sure my next truck will be a Toyota Tundra. The truck rides and handles very well, plenty of room and all the features I could wish for. Looks great and very comfortable and I have had a lot of positive feedback about the truck. For me perhaps the number one consideration for my purchase was reliability and I have owned Toyota's for 23 years and guess what I have never had (1) mechanical problem. Routine maintenance, battery here and there brakes, etc, etc, . But, I know when I put the key in the ignition it will start and 23 years of reliable trouble free driving has been pretty nice. Thanks Toyota."

Best Vehicle I ever owned!!

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, Handing, 23 MPG with the 4.0 V6, Love It!"

Cons: "Computer Readout, Placement, No Rear Seat Vents."

"In six years of ownership, with 49k miles on the clock... And, No Repairs Of Any Kind..! One Battery, and one set of Tires, Oil & Filter changes, and one change of Engine Coolant... I could not be Happier! There are only a few minor design & comfort issues to mention: The Computer display, on the top, center of the dash, is very difficult too read, in Daylight... All Buttons, Switches, and Dials, should be illuminated, they are not! And, All Double & Crew Cabs, should have rear seat Heating-A/C Vents/Controls, Please!"

Beast of a Truck 2012 Tundra double cab limited

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Payload and Reliability"

Cons: "N/A"

"I've owned toyota vehicles starting in the 80s. I'm extremely loyal to the brand mainly because they just work and work and work... I've owned 3 4runners prior to buying my first pickup truck. My initial observations are, its big, its richly appointed and its a growling beast. the 5.7 i think is a must if you buy this truck. The ride is very good however I've been in some Chevy's that may ride a little softer. The limited trim is really nice and the sound system might shake some nuts loose. You pay a premium when you buy a vehicle of this pedigree. However the quality you receive is unmatched in my humble opinion. BTW, I never rate anything a 10 (with the exemption of toyota reliability), but this truck is a solid 9"

Smoother than the Benz!

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Smoothest ride ever, powerful truck!"

Cons: "Gas mileage 13.9mpg, blind spots,"

Sharp 2012 Tundra

"I have had this truck 2.5 years. I have not spent 1 penny on repairs. The truck is the smoothest riding vehicle I have ever owned. Very quiet cab. Every option you could ever imagine. Built tough, pulls great, 4 wheel drive is very powerful with my 5.7 engine..wow. I like the back window that goes up & down the best..."

Sharp 2012 Tundra

Best truck I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Strong, powerful and comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I only wish it got better gas mileage but I can't complain about the power and comfort. If they ever bring out a diesel I'll buy it."

Best vehicle ever.

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive."

Cons: "It has no navigation, it was my choyce."

"I'm in love with my Tundra, what a car! I installed a new bed cap , a Westin front protection ,chrome all over, rear brake light chrome, side bars. This truck is one of a kind, good all around , no complains. Business is slow and I have to sale it, not desperate but if the price is right I'll sale it"

Best truck I have ever owned!!!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "POWER, looks and reliable. Better than F**d."

Cons: "Mileage could be a little better. Thats it."

"I have used my truck for towing a Travel Trailer that weighs almost 7500 lbs dry. It drives excellent towing. No problems getting it going from a stop or uphill. The only downside is the mileage, but thats typical with any gas truck. I can get anywhere from 7-10 mpg when towing. I would rather have the power over mileage anyday. This truck has been the best investment in any vehicle I have ever owned. Tundra ranks 6th in highest resale value of all vehicles this year. MADE IN USA!!!"

good looking vehicle to lift and add big tires

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

"Great truck but work far and spend too much on gas"

2012 Tundra great truck too many blind spots..

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Toyota reliability"

Cons: "Obstructed views from driver seat and blind spots"

"My third Toyota and it is great in very aspect I just wish I would have got the backup camera and the blindspot warning lights on the side mirrors.... the truck has a lot of blind spots that make it a challenge to be safe at times..."

Real Good Truck

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and plenty of room"

"This is a very good truck and has been very good to me. It never needed any work."

Beautiful condition, near perfect exterior.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value, will perform for years"

Cons: "Miles over 100,000 but with Tundra no problem"

Silver mettalic finish on Double Cab Tundra. Near Perfect exterior--no dints, dents, or scratches

"Even with 142,000 miles, this V8 engine is virtually guaranteed to go 300,000 miles plus. Gear-shift downshifting is smooth and strong. Quiet engine that gets quieter with higher speeds. Hills do not stop acceleration. Premium insulation protects cabin from road noise or engine noise. Jumps to 85 mph from 55 mph in seconds for passing. Interior is spotless. Truck bed looks unused. Hard tonneau cover looks new. Records available. Drive it to believe it."

Best half ton made today

By on Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pros: "Excellent 4x4 A-Trac System, HVAC, Engine, QDR"

Cons: "JBL Entune not as good as it should be"

"I have owned a lot of Fords, Chevy's, and one Ram. From now on, I will only consider the Tundra. I have owned this truck one full year, and have not been back to the dealer once for repairs. I am very pleased with everything on it, including the MPGs and I can drive it in any climate condition and it never lets me down. Toyota does need to improve the JBL Entune, that is the only weakness."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra CrewMax near Honolulu. See local deals