• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 Toyota Tundra CrewMax

Based on 984 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Most reliable truck I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"My second tundra. The most reliable and practically maintenance free truck I have ever owned and I have owned more than ten trucks within the past 18 years.."

Best Truck Ive owned

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, durability, capabilty"

Cons: "bed can get bouncy on rough roads."

"I have had two F150s in the past and I believe they deserve the title as best selling truck because they have a pretty darn good package except for the unexpected issues. Once the ford got to 110,000 miles it absolutely fell apart so I looked for an alternate and found the Tundra. And Wow. This truck is everything that I wanted, its comfortable, big, powerful (especially compared to the 5.4), and capable. I expected the price to be higher than the competition, but a comparably equipped F-150 was more expensive even with the rebates and the Rams and GM trucks just looked cheap and gimmicky in my opinion. I could not be happier with this truck. The milage is moderate (about 14 in town but Ive gotten 20+ avg mpg on plenty of highway trips) and long as it holds up (as a Toyota should) I would not hesitate to recommend this truck to anyone in the market."

My Summary

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, powerful and beautiful!!!!"

Cons: "At 6' 3", I stand on side boards to drop inside"

Hunting quail in Vail Lake area and off road.

"After driving the I-15 and experiencing the heavy 80 MPH flow of traffic, believed it wise to drive a hefty powerful truck. Did my usual research and chose the Tundra TRD over the Dodge! This Tundra TRD is a powerful (5.7L) with its massive torque and 10.5” gear ring. It’s a 410 rear differential and its GVWR is 10,800!!! I used it for hunting, never towed with it and believe if I had; it'd be as good, if not better, than all others. Still has the original brake pads (which are now at 4mm) and rotators. I love this truck and swore I'd never sell it. Unfortunately, we cannot control fuel prices. I have recorded every tank of gas, rotated the tires with every 5K oil changes ONLY at Toyota dealerships. The average is 16mpg city and 19mpg highway; but hit 20mpg a few times. If you are looking to buy a truck, most definitely go Toyota Tundra and if you're going off road, DEFINITELY the Tundra TRD! PS: The "Desert Sand" color hides dirt well."

Hunting quail in Vail Lake area and off road.

Great Truck!

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Drives great, tows and hauls great, comfortable"

Cons: "Toyota needs to make a diesel truck, visibility"

"Toyota really makes a great pickup. No problems at all with it. The 5.7L engine is strong and smooth but not too bad on gas for the power you get out of it. Absolutly love this truck!"

Love my Tundra!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, fun 2 drive, great power to pass/pull"

Cons: "reach to radio"

"Great power and very responsive. Handles like a sports car for it being a full size pick-up."

The best of my three trucks

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

"My 2007 Tundra has the very powerful 5.7L, 81000 miles, and it's very reliable. I own this, a 2003 Tacoma and 2009 GMC 3500HD. This is actually the truck I've enjoyed owning the most. The Tacoma is great, but I just love the room and capability of the Tundra. The Tundra's 16 mpg isn't that much different than the Tacoma's 17ish MPG. The Sierra is a pain in the neck. It drives terrible, gets miserable gas mileage, and has made more trips to the dealer for warranty work than both of my Toyota trucks combined."

This 2007 Limited Tundra w/ Red Rock Edition is

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "GREAT RODE TRIP RIDE!"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE"

"This truck is the BOMB! I have no issues with it at all. It rides smooth and has plenty of power for what ever. It rolls as good and performs as good as Crimson Tide! Really, it has been a pleasure to own. Toyota has made another Great Product. ROLL TOYOTA ROLL, just like BAMA #1."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Power for a gas engine is impressive"

Cons: "Interior is a bit bland"

"Best truck I've ever owned. The drivetrain is impressive. Great power and smooth transmission. I tow my boat, my race car trailer and camper and the truck never skips a beat. The 5.7 does a fantastic job getting it done."

Excellent Truck

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "interior space, quality, Toyota reliability,"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better city and hwy"

"purchased 2011 Toyota Crewmax, what an excellent truck, the engine sounds great when on highway. very ROOMY interior, great for kids in the backseat! Very comfortable ride. Owned a dodge and after several quality/reliability issues, started looking at toyota - i have no regrets!"

The best vehicle I have owned

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Everything except fuel consumption, this is a great truck!"

Cons: "She drinks a lot of gas, great mpg for such a large truck (18mpg) but still a lot of gas"

"I have owned this truck for 3 years and she has not let me down once. I used her as a family car and plenty of room for three full carseats in the back and you can still fit through. I have pulled light loads for camping, and control was never a problem. I have also hauled loads of dirt, gravel, sand, bark for home owner stuff and she does great. It is almost better to have the smaller bed as it helps remove the tempation to overload. I got about 17mpg to 18mpg per tank with 20mpg highway. Great truck, great family vehicle."

Best truck

By on Friday, August 12, 2011

"i was told it road reallt bad and tried to compare it to the chevrolets but i know now it the bomb.i pull 4 horse trailers with it and it wont hesitate ever and very reliable truck would definitally buy another one.i almost bought a diesel truck to pull my horses but this truck is more powerful and better haul than the diesel truck and i saved probably 10.ooo dollers"

I love my Tundra!

By on Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pros: "Price was good, a blast to drive, comfortable (especially being 6'7")"

Cons: "steel sheels ugly"

Tundra in Tahoe

"I bought my '10 Tundra double cab 4x4 new over a year ago and I still love this truck to death. I get 16mpg in town and close to 20 on the freeway. I have no complaints at all about this beautiful truck. I take that back, the factory steel wheels are gross but they are coming off soon. I would recomend this truck to anyone who likes styling and performance out of their truck."

Tundra in Tahoe

Trouble Free Pick-up

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"Best truck we've ever had. No engine nor any other trouble since we bought it new in 2007. It's a work horse on and off road."

Awesome Truck Hands Down Best Bang For The Buck

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"At 50,000 miles dealer maintained. I have had no issues whatsoever. Runs great, smooth, and surprisingly gets good gas mileage for the size of the engine. I have the 5.7L 6 speed which is a must if you buy this truck. Don't settle for anything less. I average between city and highway driving 16 miles per gallon. And I have a lead foot and get on it quite a bit. Hands down best truck I've ever owned for its purpose. Rides great, tows awesome its by far best in its class it tows like a 2500 diesel. I had an 11,000 lb 5th wheel and it towed it like a champ. I averaged 10 mpg when towing which is as good as many Ford 3500's! With my old Dodge 5.9L Cummins 2500 i got 13 mpg when towing the same 5th wheel. I sold the 5th wheel but for 2 years towed it everywhere. I had a Reese 15k 5th wheel hitch and with an offset on the trailer hitch I never once came close to jack-knifing the trailer with a 6.5 ft bed. The truck drives almost like a sports car in a trucks body if you get the 5.7L 6 speed transmission. But make sure you get the SR5 or offroad package because it has the 4.3 rear differential. If you get the 4.1 rear diff you're wasting the 6 speed. Trust me I've driven many other Tundras when I drop my truck off at the dealer for routine maintenance. SO LISTEN GET THE 5.7L 6 SPEED WITH THE 4.3 REAR DIFF!"

power,comfort,luxury

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I have owned full size dodge and chevrolet pickup's before,but nothing even comes close to this tundra.I bought the limited 4wd double cab and have been extremely pleased!The 5.7 liter V-8 has exceptional power and performance!Very dependable and comfortable.I am presently getting 20.4 mpg hwy @65 mph.Around town and towing a steady 16mpg.This truck is as close to perfect as they come!"

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab

By on Friday, July 03, 2009

"Plenty of power and torque. Smooth comfortable ride in stock form with the SR5 TRD package. Bilstien shocks are great. In stock form the truck sits nose low like a minx in heat. We added a leveling kit to raise the front approx 1.5" and the ride stiffend up a bit. If you are a tree hugger, then run over the row of Prius' because this thing loves gas like a bum loves his ripple. Around town is about 11-14mpg. On the highway, ehh, maybe 16-18mpg. Nice truck though. It's really hard to beat Toyota quality and since I've owned a few, I'm certain this truck will be tight and smooth for several years unlike the "American in name only" counterparts."

Don't get better than this!

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"From day 1 leaving the showroom floor I knew this was a great truck. I have had it now for 21,000+ miles and it has not one glimmer of trouble. Responsive, reliable, good looking and so much more. Great nav system. Powerful engine for cruising the mountains of Colorado. Tows the sleds and raft like they were in my imagination. Comfort and room galore. Handles like a dream. Really not one bad thing to day about this dream truck. I hope to have it for another 200,000+ miles! Get, it, don't sweat it. It's the best out there and we drove and researched them all! Mountain Manny"

Impressive Inside and Out

By on Friday, February 06, 2009

"Great truck, compares extremely well to my previous F250 Diesel and Dodge Ram. Outpulls, outperforms, and guaranteed to outlast, both physically and in value. Like driving a luxury car, except hoovering over the crowd. This truck is preferred on all family outings simpy because of cavernous back seating area and overall comfort. To date, no issues at all. How many new vehicles can you say that about after 18+ months of ownership. Plus oil changes at my dealer are cheaper than at the quick lube shops, further showing Toyota's desire to satisfy customers and keep them for life!"

can't go wrong

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I have owned this for 2yrs double cab limited 5.7, I have had every other truck and this beats them all hands down, power is great milage is good better than any of the others don't let them fool you I get 16 around town and 20 highway and could do better if I didn't live in a hiily terrian. never been back to dealer for anything. I can drive this truck all day long with my bad back and not get a bit tired."

SATISFIED

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO BUY A NEW TUNDRA IN MY CITY ON 2/15/07. PAID 34,600. FOR DOUBLE CAB TSS WITH LEATHER 5.7 TRADED Z71 IN ON IT, 04 5.3 EX CAB WITH 35,000 MILES GAVE ME 17,000. NOT BAD OK DEAL. I NOW HAVE 19,000 MILES ON TUNDRA. BEST 1/2 TON BY FAR OUT THERE. AVERAGE 16.5 MILES TO GALLON. THINGS I NOTICED TO BE IMPROVE ON TAILGATE AND BED MATERIAL ARE WEAK THIN METAL. PAINT THIN IN COATS. BUT OVERALL SOILD IN ENGINE DRIVETRAIN. WHICH IS WHY I AM GLAD I BOUGHT MY FIRST IMPORT TRUCK. THIS TRUCK WILL PUSH THE BIG THREE TO IMPROVE ON THERE TRUCKS. WE WANT 6 SPEED TRANMISSIONS AND HORSEPOWER WITH DECENT GAS MILEAGE. WHEN THEY START TO DO THIS I MIGHT SWITCH BACK MIGHT NOT."

fast, yet thin sheet metal

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"Excellent acceleration, brakes, and engine but flimsy tailgate sheet metal flexes even under hand pushing down on it. Also, front of cab dented when 250 lb youth atv rested in front of bed and when came to normal slow stop, put a dent/crease in the front of the bed of the truck by the rear window. A Chevy has a stronger/thicker tailgate and front of bed. Also, the interior plastic parts although fit better than Chevy, they are not perfect like they should be."

No Regrets

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"I bought my 5.7l dc lb 4x4 a week after the went on the market last feb. I have used my truck to haul 2000lb & tow 9000lb and have had not 1 problem. I have no regrets on buying this truck. Gas milage is great for me but i knew i wasnt buying a hybrid. May not be the best daily driver if you never plan on using it to tow or haul. I've read bad reviews about this truck but I've had mine for a year and dont have anything to complain about. --Like any car---treat it right and it will treat you right....."

Awsome Truck!

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"This is my 12th new Toyota since 1980. This truck is by far the best of the best from Toyota. Performance, Handling, Comfort it has it all. I have read all the preceding reviews and can agree with a few minor glitches described within some of them. With a totally new truck design there are going to be a few hitches. Some of the flaws that have been inherent from Toyota since I began driving them still exist today. The windshield when driving into direct sunlight does seem to have some built in specs. The body panels are a bit on the thin side. The towing mirrors are great but need to be folded in when you're in a parking lot as they stick out too far and people walk into them. If you're not going to tow a lot, I highly recommend the standard mirrors or the automatic retracting type. The back up camera is a much needed addition to this truck as there are a some noticeable blind spots. These are some minor details most of which can be corrected easily. What you have underneath it all is complete reliability. Toyota does know how to build a vehicle of this magnitude I have been waiting for years and finally they built a big one!"

My Tundra

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"I thought my last truck was the perfect one (2005 F150 King Ranch Crew Cab). This Tundra Crew Max SR5 is far superior even with less options. I may actually keep this more than my norm of 2-3 years and I've only have had it 3 weeks."

Seriously great!

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, turning radius, towing, visibility, power"

Cons: "Bump rear window control button with knee."

"This Crewmax has exceeded my expectations. A daily driver over my wifes car. A 10,000 lb camp trailer hauler in steep terrain without a single hesitation. Bench seating for six people on several 1,500 mile trips was just fine. Gas mileage is 15 to 17 year around. Back country muddy roads are no problem. Visibility is great and the back up camera makes for hooking up a breeze. The turning radius impresses everyone that rides with me. I would buy another one if anything happens to my truck."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra CrewMax near Honolulu. See local deals