2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax

Based on 1004 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Best Truck Ive owned

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, comfort, durability, capabilty"

Cons: "bed can get bouncy on rough roads."

"I have had two F150s in the past and I believe they deserve the title as best selling truck because they have a pretty darn good package except for the unexpected issues. Once the ford got to 110,000 miles it absolutely fell apart so I looked for an alternate and found the Tundra. And Wow. This truck is everything that I wanted, its comfortable, big, powerful (especially compared to the 5.4), and capable. I expected the price to be higher than the competition, but a comparably equipped F-150 was more expensive even with the rebates and the Rams and GM trucks just looked cheap and gimmicky in my opinion. I could not be happier with this truck. The milage is moderate (about 14 in town but Ive gotten 20+ avg mpg on plenty of highway trips) and long as it holds up (as a Toyota should) I would not hesitate to recommend this truck to anyone in the market."

Excellent Truck

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "interior space, quality, Toyota reliability,"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better city and hwy"

"purchased 2011 Toyota Crewmax, what an excellent truck, the engine sounds great when on highway. very ROOMY interior, great for kids in the backseat! Very comfortable ride. Owned a dodge and after several quality/reliability issues, started looking at toyota - i have no regrets!"

2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab

By on Friday, July 03, 2009

"Plenty of power and torque. Smooth comfortable ride in stock form with the SR5 TRD package. Bilstien shocks are great. In stock form the truck sits nose low like a minx in heat. We added a leveling kit to raise the front approx 1.5" and the ride stiffend up a bit. If you are a tree hugger, then run over the row of Prius' because this thing loves gas like a bum loves his ripple. Around town is about 11-14mpg. On the highway, ehh, maybe 16-18mpg. Nice truck though. It's really hard to beat Toyota quality and since I've owned a few, I'm certain this truck will be tight and smooth for several years unlike the "American in name only" counterparts."

can't go wrong

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"I have owned this for 2yrs double cab limited 5.7, I have had every other truck and this beats them all hands down, power is great milage is good better than any of the others don't let them fool you I get 16 around town and 20 highway and could do better if I didn't live in a hiily terrian. never been back to dealer for anything. I can drive this truck all day long with my bad back and not get a bit tired."

SATISFIED

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO BUY A NEW TUNDRA IN MY CITY ON 2/15/07. PAID 34,600. FOR DOUBLE CAB TSS WITH LEATHER 5.7 TRADED Z71 IN ON IT, 04 5.3 EX CAB WITH 35,000 MILES GAVE ME 17,000. NOT BAD OK DEAL. I NOW HAVE 19,000 MILES ON TUNDRA. BEST 1/2 TON BY FAR OUT THERE. AVERAGE 16.5 MILES TO GALLON. THINGS I NOTICED TO BE IMPROVE ON TAILGATE AND BED MATERIAL ARE WEAK THIN METAL. PAINT THIN IN COATS. BUT OVERALL SOILD IN ENGINE DRIVETRAIN. WHICH IS WHY I AM GLAD I BOUGHT MY FIRST IMPORT TRUCK. THIS TRUCK WILL PUSH THE BIG THREE TO IMPROVE ON THERE TRUCKS. WE WANT 6 SPEED TRANMISSIONS AND HORSEPOWER WITH DECENT GAS MILEAGE. WHEN THEY START TO DO THIS I MIGHT SWITCH BACK MIGHT NOT."

I've been driving since 1968 and this is the best.

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Power, performance, comfort and dependability"

"I used to be a dedicated GM guy but then I drove a Tundra. I've had Fords, Chevys, Pontiacs and Buicks and this is the best vehicle I've owned. Power, performance, comfort and dependability. I've put 87k miles on my Limited and have only had to service or replace maintenance items. It's made right down the road from me by non-union Texans. I'm sold on Tundra and done with Detroit."

Tremendous truck!

By on Sunday, March 17, 2013

"I just hit 110,000 miles in my 08 double cab with the 5.7L V8. Very impressed by the low cost of operating this truck. Mileage actually isn't too bad at 15-16 mpg if I'm averaging my city and highway driving. It's been a completely trouble free, comfortable rig with more power than any gas truck I've ever owned. I'm also happy that the resale value of my truck is still strong...Still don't plan on selling though!-"

A great truck with super dynamics

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and smooth driver."

Cons: "Not hardly except MPG could be better."

Truck and friends at church outting.

"I bought my 2008 Tundra used in 2009 with about 10K on it. I drove every major 150 out there and this Tundra simply surpassed every other truck I tested. I sold a 2000 Tundra and really wanted an American brand but, sadly, the quality was not there for the money. Even my wife, who drives luxury cars says it rides like a Mercedes on the open road. Gas mileage is O.K. for a big 5.7 lt. motor, nearly 20 MPG at 65-70 MPH. I have the 6 seater bench seat to accomodate grandkiddies and the space is awesome. Just a great runner!"

Truck and friends at church outting.

Awesome Truck Hands Down Best Bang For The Buck

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"At 50,000 miles dealer maintained. I have had no issues whatsoever. Runs great, smooth, and surprisingly gets good gas mileage for the size of the engine. I have the 5.7L 6 speed which is a must if you buy this truck. Don't settle for anything less. I average between city and highway driving 16 miles per gallon. And I have a lead foot and get on it quite a bit. Hands down best truck I've ever owned for its purpose. Rides great, tows awesome its by far best in its class it tows like a 2500 diesel. I had an 11,000 lb 5th wheel and it towed it like a champ. I averaged 10 mpg when towing which is as good as many Ford 3500's! With my old Dodge 5.9L Cummins 2500 i got 13 mpg when towing the same 5th wheel. I sold the 5th wheel but for 2 years towed it everywhere. I had a Reese 15k 5th wheel hitch and with an offset on the trailer hitch I never once came close to jack-knifing the trailer with a 6.5 ft bed. The truck drives almost like a sports car in a trucks body if you get the 5.7L 6 speed transmission. But make sure you get the SR5 or offroad package because it has the 4.3 rear differential. If you get the 4.1 rear diff you're wasting the 6 speed. Trust me I've driven many other Tundras when I drop my truck off at the dealer for routine maintenance. SO LISTEN GET THE 5.7L 6 SPEED WITH THE 4.3 REAR DIFF!"

power,comfort,luxury

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I have owned full size dodge and chevrolet pickup's before,but nothing even comes close to this tundra.I bought the limited 4wd double cab and have been extremely pleased!The 5.7 liter V-8 has exceptional power and performance!Very dependable and comfortable.I am presently getting 20.4 mpg hwy @65 mph.Around town and towing a steady 16mpg.This truck is as close to perfect as they come!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tundra CrewMax near Honolulu. See local deals