1997 Toyota Tercel

Based on 138 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

Forget Volvo

By on Saturday, October 03, 2009

"at 15 years old this thing still has the same traits as when it was new, mediocre handling/suspension, underwhelming acceleration and rock solid construction. 15 years with out a garage, midwest winters, and only a handful of washes have taken a toll on the outside, but inside, it could pass for 4-5 year old domestic car, boring but clean and fully functional. I can't wait for the car to die to replace it with a more modern, safer vehicle, but I just cant stand to part with a 45mpg car with $0 in non standard maintenance. It looks like this thing will die of rust and old age before mechanical failure."

great value

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "good econ auto"

Cons: "300k with dings,scratches, wear and tear"

"300 k miles(just breaking it in). Not many vehicles 20 yrs old have pluses as this one, especially being basic transportation. all elecltrical systems are go. Heat and air good. Stereo and speakers are good. 25-30 mpg. No discernable leaks. runs good. Pretty, not really. Luxurious, no. Comfortable, for a few blocks. Overall, good value"

DEPENDABLE

By on Saturday, July 18, 2009

"I purchased a '95 Toyota Tercel back in Dec. 2000. Still have it today. Very dependable. It let me sit on the side of the road just once, and only because I have driven over 100,000 miles in it without a tuneup. I have had it in the shop one time for a minor electrical issue and once to replace the starter (and the tune up of course, but that really should be in the same category as an oil change). Thats it for the last ten years. Wow, have you EVER had a car that cheap? I paid $7995 for it ten years ago and barely a dime since. Just wish I'd have known I could skip out on that extended warranty!!"

Best "Cheap Car" EVER!

By on Monday, October 27, 2008

"Though seemingly *everyone* disses the Tercel as "ghetto" or whatever, I absolutely LOVE mine, which is a 1997 two-door model. It NEVER breaks down, it needs very minimal maintenance, it is extremely inexpensive to maintain, and it gets decent -- though not *spectacular* -- gas mileage. This Tercel is actually my second; my previous car was a 1992 two-door Tercel, and it lasted me for 13.5 years. Though that car had a longstanding oil-leakage problem -- I had to add a half-quart of oil every week, even though I didn't drive the car every day -- I was nonetheless able to get 231,000 miles out of that car."

most awesomely reliable car ever

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"i just sold this car to my brother because I couldn't bear to sell it to a stranger and not know what they'd do with it. i've had it for 10 YEARS and HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE ENGINE PROBLEM EVER. it has a slow oil leak and the paint job looks terrible, and it rides a bit rough, but it has been very good to me and my family. i've never had to replace any parts except for maintenence. it never left me on the side of the road. it's never broken down. i cried when my dad drove it away! great car for someone single or with a small family."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tercel near Honolulu. See local deals