2014 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,329 - $17,842.

10/7.5

Based on 1462 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

Favorite Vehicle

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"Bought my truck new. 5 years, 92000 miles later, it is tight, rattle free, no problems (except an A/C compressor). They could improve the stereo, and quiet the engine noise - but my next vehicle will be this vehicle. Excellent truck."

Very Satisfied

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"I have owned my 2010 Toyota Tacoma 4WD,Double Cab for a year. I have put 40,000 miles on it, and I have had no issues at all. Very comfortable, reliable vehicle, and as I was checking the value, it has held its value very well. 4WD works great."

Worst truck ever

By on Friday, October 22, 2010

"I have owned this truck over 2 years and this truck is so far the worst I ever had. Gas mileage is terrible, ride comfort is none existent and as far as payload, can not handle to much 8 bag of concrete 90lb and the truck nose is pointing towards the sky. Handling is horrible don't stay on a straight line wonders left to right. I had Toyota look at the front end. they just said that is the way they are. Steering is way to soft and is not speed sensitive always easy to steer even at high speed 80+ mph."

Very Happy

By on Sunday, October 03, 2010

"this truck is great! Very recommended, I have the TRD Off-Road package double cab and it has everything, towing, power, storage, and the ability to tote my family around. It is a wonderful vehicle, rides great has good "get up" and the engineering/conveniences and attention to detail are fantastic. Go get yourself one"

Still needs improvement

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"The 2005 model was a much needed and highly welcomed upgrade from the lingering smaller tacoma that it replaced. The larger interior size, which was its previous downfall as it was very cramp and confining has been transformed into a roomy spacious cabin!! controls are easy to reach and layout is about where you expect things to be. The 4.0L V6 has great power available and returns respectable MPG (I get about 18MPG overall with an automatic - I'd have to cruise about 65MPH on the freeway to break 20MPG) responcive handling and expected somewhat stiff ride for the TRD off-road pkg. Inside agian, they went gangbusters for storage. behind AND under the back seats there is enourmous storage for tiedowns, tools, chains, blankets, food and what ever you may need for emergencies - really, there is toms of storage!! Now then, here's what i didn't like about the new Taco: the cloth seats are terrbile at stains - if you even spill WATER on the cloth seats, it will leave a water mark!! get them wet at all and you have a water mark!! the radio is very difficult to see in the daytime, and impossible to see when wearing sunglasses!! The standard LED in-dash clock is the same one they been using for over 20 YEARS - you'd think they could at least upgrade the clock!! also no glove box light, my old 1993 Toyota p-up had that??!! the drivers side power window controls are also not visible at night - they're supposed to be illuminated, but you fumble around and test each button to figure out which window control your lowering. And oh, the tranny - when on cruise, and the speed drops down a slight bit or you increase the speed by more than 3 MPH - the tranny will, for some reason, drop 2 gears, the engien will jump 1500 RPM - just to gain that 2-3 MPH??!! Overall, I wish I would have given the new Taco model a year or two to get the bugs out before buying one. Although I enjoy the truck, I'd have a hard time recommending this years model"

Best Truck on the market

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I've had a Tacoma double cab TRD Off Road for three years now and it has never let me down. The first two years I had it I lived in Summit County (Where Breckenridge/Keystone/Arapahoe-Basin Ski resorts are) and used it for everyday travel through some of the worst snow conditions in the states. In two years I towed at least 50-60 people out of ditches and snowdrifts with this truck. That included me towing a rear wheel drive Ford F-250 out of the Arapahoe Basin Ski Area parking lot to the cheers of everyone around."

Over rated and over priced

By on Saturday, July 10, 2010

"I have an '06 Prerunner Access Cab with V6 and auto. Same Typical shimmy/shake in steering wheel that seems to be common as other complaints. I do NOT drive this truck over 70mph for fear of ride and handling concerns. Its been back to the dealer 4 times with no reasonable explanation of the problem. The automatic transmission is the worst auto I have ever driven. The transmission shifts like it doesn't know what gear it should be in. I find the seats to be very uncomfortable and want to get out after about 20-25 minutes of driving. These are generally over priced for the quality. For the price I would buy a full size American truck over anything from toyota. Currently looking to get ride of this truck."

Comparisons

By on Monday, June 28, 2010

"I've owned several Toyota pickups now, and several American monster trucks... and I always come back to the Toyota, mostly for size, reliability, and resale value. I've now owned 2 of the current generation, both Prerunner Access Cabs. Both have been very reliable, but the 4 cylinder only comes with a 5 speed manual, and I got tired of shifting, and had to buy a V6 to get an automatic. The 4 cylinder got about 22-23MPG average, and the 6 cylinder gets about 20 MPG average. MPG suffers over 80 MPH on the 4 cylinder, and the 6 cylinder MPG suffers in stop and go traffic."

Awesome, yet not perfect

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Despite all of the problems Toyota has had, the Tacoma is an awesome vehicle. I drove it all the way from Greeley, CO. to Indiana, and back, 2400 miles, and it averaged 26 MPG with the 2.7L. I had about 300 pounds in the bed. My truck is the basic 2 door, 2WD, 4 speed automatic, and through all the hills in Kansas and Missouri, it pulled itself right up, never downshifting. The seats in the base model do leave something to be desired with the fact that the backrest can't be adjusted, all they do is move forward and back, but are still comfortable. Also, wind noise is a problem around the doors and under the vehicle. Other than that it was a pleasure to drive. The ride quality is superb under load. If you're looking for a midsize truck, my only recommendation is this. Get cruise control and power windows/locks. Another issue is the 2.7 is great for driving below 6000 feet, but once I get into the mountains the performance drop is a small disappointment. my grandmother has an FJ with the 4.0L V6 that is offered in the bigger Tacomas and it doesn't suffer from power loss. So if you're going to get one, go for the SR5 with the V6."

05 4x4 Acess TRD SR5 V-6, 6 speed

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"I've had many trucks over the years Chevys, Nissans, 4 cyl, V-8, deisels, etc, and I like the 05 Tacoma better than any I've had... Mine is an Access cab, 4x4 V-6, 6 speed TRD SR5.....It has so many improvements over the smaller previous Tacoma's...the Truck is a little bigger and now is more like a mid size truck, but not as big as my Chevy 1/2 ton.....It is pretty much fully loaded, and I like all the toys, including the 6 speed.....Everything on the truck operates beautifully, as you would expect from a Toyota....It has small things like outside temp gauge and compass....The 2 small back doors are great for hauling the small stuff in the back seat area......Mileage is about 20....about as advertised (and much better than 13mpg of a GM 4x4)......Overall...I LOVE IT !.....will keep it for many years !"

Just a Truck

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"2006 Prerunner Automatic with TRD package. I have owned different makes and this truck is not any better than any others. Pros: Great engine, comfortable front seats. Cons: Transmission, wind noise, very sensitive to crosswinds, gas mileage, styling. Chevy rides and drives better, has more room, gets better gas mieage and just as dependable."

Great light duty truck

By on Saturday, October 03, 2009

"I previously owned several small pickups and this Tacoma (my first Toyota), even though it is a base model, puts them all to shame. Zero problems with it. It handles very well at highway speeds and gets ~28 mpg w/mandated 10% eth'gas. 5th gear is an overdrive so downshifting on long hills is necessary to stay in the power curve. I bought this truck new and plan to put 300k miles on it. With this truck that should be a very realistic goal."

The Perfect 'Family' Truckster

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"My first Tacoma - a 2006 sport 4x4 off-roader. I must have been asleep when these first came out - well, no, I was too busy thinking that if you had kids, you HAD to drive a mini-van. Then I found out about it...a TRUCK with 4 doors, 4WD, and a decent interior... What?? I was in heaven - and the dreaded mini-van quickly went bye-byes. This is the perfect vehicle if you have a family but still want a pickup truck that can kick butt both on-road and off ... I can't believe I didn't buy this vehicle earlier - I LOVE it. The 4.0L V6 engine has muscle and speed and blows the competition away - whether you're engaging your friends in a friendly little flat-out race, tearing it up off-road somewhere, or traveling long distance on vacation - this is the truck to have. Mine has a leather interior and the seats are very comfortable. I do agree, however that the rest of the interior leaves something to be desired. Too barren and boring. The stereo actually has pretty good sound, but the overall look of the dash area is cheap and unattractive. Still, it's been a very dependable, fun vehicle and I plan to keep it as long as possible."

Buy it !

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"I have a 2007 Tacoma 4x4 never had any problems! I have had no repairs! Its still just like new!"

great truck

By on Sunday, April 05, 2009

"I just bought this truck a 09 double cab with the trd sport package. Metallic grey. 4wd. I have 800 miles on it. Got a great deal 4000 off sticker with the 1000 rebate. And 4.64 financing through toyota. If your on the fence about this truck get off and go and buy one. This is a great truck. It is the best selling truck in its class and holds its resale value way better than ford or chevy. Also the best in relibility. Its a toyota so we know that. The v-6 is plenty powerfull. Gas mil. is not the best but still better than a v-8."

best value

By on Saturday, March 14, 2009

"If you plan to buy a small truck, tacoma is the right choice. gives you the realiability and peace of mind that you want. i have the V6 and the 4 cylinder models and they dont disappoint. value for your buck!"

Tacoma prerunner

By on Saturday, November 22, 2008

"I have an '07 doublecab and this is a great vehicle. The best thing I like about this vehicle is that it is very versatile. I have had it almost two years no complaints no surprises. Very happy with my toyota"

great Truck

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"I love my Double Cab TRD Sport Tacoma. It is one great truck that has plenty of power, great comfort, and awesome looks! My only complaints would be that it was very pricey, and the paint scratches easy."

best mid-sized truck ever

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"great power, 6500 lb towning cap. W/V6& tow package, towed my 22' off-shore boat (approx 5500 lbs ) verry well, 4x4 W/ trd off rd was extreamley capable even with OEM BFG tires, i used it on logging roads and in mud on trails in my hunting club. great interior, great on road ride evean at highway speeds, love the carbon-fiber bed, I bought the truck new and put 50,000 mi on it with no mechanical problems, just rutine maint. 17-19 MPG in city"

Oh Yeah!

By on Sunday, June 22, 2008

"This truck so beats the Nissan SC 4 door that I traded in! Better gas mileage, more power, more room, more comfort, better ride, more everything! As always Toyota does it again."

2006 Tacoma

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Overall a great truck, you have to find something wrong with it, so I will pick on the tailgate, it is very weak and actually Toyota replaced mine free of charge, which was very nice when I bent it while loading the bed. Apparently I am not the only one this has happend to, since there is a Technica Service Bulletin on this issue. I think the engine is a little noisy sometimes and the mileage could be a little better, it isn't much better than the V8 trucks. The styling is great, the reliability and quality is very very good, other than the tailgate, I have not had a single issue with it. It starts and runs like a top, never complains and everything works like it is supposed to."

This truck Mobs!!

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I use my 2005 Prerunner Dbl cab sport for towing, playing in the sand, and driving back and forth to work. 19-21mpg. Very quick acceleration, runs with my 2005 G35 sedan. I tow a 12ft trailer with 4 sport quads on it and one in the bed. Only 11mpg while towing, oh well it still pulls at a steady 75mph up and down hills. Never seen the inside of a dealership with over 42K on her. This truck mobs all over the sand of Glamis. Love it!!"

Great Truck

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"I like my truck--2008 prerunner access cab (4cyl with 5sp). The automatic didn't seem to have as much power. This truck looks good and rides great. I have 2500 miles on it and get consistenly between 20-25 mpg. The only inconvenience are the suicide access doors. It is dificult to unload groceries and put in back seat when you are in a parking space with a car next to you. You always are opening and closing door to get access. But i can live with it. The truck is reliable and will hold its value. And I got a great deal from the toyota dealer. $200 under invoice (not MSRP but invoice)with zero financing for three years."

I WILL NEVER SELL THIS TRUCK

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Well I am 34 years old and have owned 147 vehicles since I was 16. NO KIDDING!! I love cars. When I decided I wanted the new body style Tacoma I looked hard and long. I finally found the color I wanted with all the options I wanted and at a KILLER price of $19,000. I was asked by ALL my friends "When are you going to sell it?" My response was NEVER!! I love this truck more than any vehicle I have owned. It runs strong and looks very BUFF and not like a small pickup. The only thing I don't like is I am 6'2 and have to really bend my head to get in. I gave up a 2005 Dodge Ram HEMI 4X4 for this and it was the best decision I ever made. I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Prerunner with the TRD Off-road package. I bought it in 2007 with 13k miles on it and it now has 20,500 and I just love it. I also figured that in 5 years when I trade it in on a new one it will have held its value better than any vehicle I know of."

Nicest small truck out there

By on Saturday, January 05, 2008

"We have had this truck for 2.5 years and we are very happy. The fuel economy is good, the power is excellent. It can work right along with it's larger counter parts. Comfortable and easy to drive. 4X4 sytem very reliable and easy to use. Goes any where, any time. Just a darn good truck for the money. We have had NO maintenance issues or repair issues. Starts every time, no hastles what so ever. As you can tell, we are very pleased. By the way it now has 32,000 miles on it."