• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2014 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,266 - $18,657.

10/7.5

Based on 1352 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "good gas mi."

Cons: "none for the money!"

"absolutely the best little truck i have ever had. goes anywhere, good on gas, tows anything, looks good,great for two people. hopefully toyota keeps making this truck, cause i will by another one for sure."

Little Noisy buy great truck.

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Big truck for low price"

Cons: "Noisy at highway speeds, Cheaper interior"

"This truck is a great value. 4-door Pre-runner base. Interior feels a little cheap, but not bad for an entry level truck. Composite bed liner is a plus, as are tie down cleats in the back. Plenty of room for my 6'2" frame, even in the back. 4 Cylinder engine has plenty of power for around town, and highway driving. Gives the appearance of a full sized truck with great gas mileage. Tons of aftermarket parts. Only complaint is a little noisy at highway speeds, but turn on the radio and it is fine. In it's defense, I was coming from a Honda Accord."

my second vehicle-worth keeping

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive and to park, great for hauling stuuf"

Cons: "taigate should come with a lock."

"this is my ride from home to work (and vice versa) and it never gave me a single major trouble. minor troubles were that squeaking noise it made when you turn on the ac on its first year and it has been fixed without me paying a single cent and the others, well, on my part for not cleaning it religiously(water spots, bird droppings) aside from that, a very reliable car. very spacious interior, has a back-up camera that my co-workers envy me whenever i park in a tight parking area, very cool air con, loves to take an extra weight (it feels that it runs smoothly if i put loads of stuff on the bed). Overall, ill keep this as long as i live."

great little truck

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "good mpg for a truck"

Cons: "front seats could be more comfy"

"I've owned this truck for 2 years and am very happy with its performance. It gets 25mpg in summer around town with its 4cyl engine. Hauls and tows whatever I need and runs like a clock. My dogs ride in the cab with the seats down in back and friends ride easily with the seats up."

None better.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"I have the TX Pro version Double Cab Short Bed. I pull a small boat and RV regularly and the truck does not miss a beat. Could be better on gas but not bad at all."

I wish that every vehicle was as Great !

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "highest quality, total reliability, fun to drive"

Cons: "seat could be more comfortable"

"My only complaint might be that I should have upgraded the interior, but at the basic model 4x4 I should not expect luxury. It is without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned. Totally reliable, a bullet proof engine, decent fuel milage, and a do anything, go anywhere attitude has never let me down. I am going to give mine up only because I plan on moving overseas, and the cost of shipment would be prohibitive for me."

WAS a loyal Toyota fan from 1984 until 2009.

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Steering radius and manuverabilty are great"

Cons: "resale value is absolutely dismal"

"In 2009 I purchased a 2010 Tacoma 4wd 5speed 4 door Access Cab. Issue 1) Cruise control: While set, regular driving, if you push in clutch it disengages as expected. While in neutral, if you press 'resume', engine will accelerate to who knows how many rpm's/goes into full throttle. First time was a surprise, I caught it b4 reaching 5000 rpms (switched cruise to off position). Have demonstrated it to others and same result every time. Issue 2) Radio turns itself on and off at random. Issue 3) Low quality plastic removable 'cargo clips' in bed. Your everyday bungee "S" hooks unable to attach to them and they are poorly manufactured/strip out with little effort. These issues may seem petty to some, but for $30,000.00 in 2009, I would have expected more. I paid far less for my Toyotas in the past and received far better quality vehicles (My previous Toyotas: 1984 standard pick-up, 1991 short bed standard p/u w/over 265,000 miles and still going, & 1996 Corolla). That said, in conjunction with the sub-par customer service at the local Toyota dealership, I will probably NEVER buy a NEW Toyota again."

A good solid vehicle.

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "The vehicle performs very well for it's intended"

Cons: "Noisy and less than stellar mileage."

"I bought the Tacoma for it's rugged construction and looks. Both of these features are very important for the roads and conditions in Colorado. The Tacoma is not a "boulevard cruiser" by any means. It's ride is a bit harsh and you have to physically maintain control as it will wander. It is also a bit noisy at highway speeds. All said, the vehicle is truly a truck and it performs this function very well. The heavier the load the better it's ride. It also does very well off the pavement."

Plactic Bed not great for hauling.

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Over priced , Not a smooth ride, loud ."

Cons: "Why put the oil filter there ? messy"

"Loud cant really hear very well when people talk . Way over priced . Cant wait to get out of it without losing my shorts. In defense of the Tacoma I went from Tundra to Tacoma .I thought I would save on gas (not) Night and Day"

Luv this truck!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"Luv this truck. Very comfy on long trips. Reasonably economical considering its a 4x4 and a 4.0 liter engine. Hardly feel or hear the highway when driving. A handsome looking vehicle, quality very good for its price range. Only complaint is, when the window is open even a tiny bit and its raining, the water comes in and drips all over the power window and lock buttons on the door. Sometimes you need a little air even when its raining. Some kind of water diverter should be added to the roof. Other than that, I have no complaints about this truck. I would buy a new one in a minute."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25