2014 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,347 - $17,858.

10/7.5

Based on 1462 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

DOUBLE CAB TRD SPORT V6 6 SPEEED 4WD

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "FUEL ECONOMY, COMFORT, VALUE"

Cons: "BEHIND THE TIMES ON AVAILABLE HIGH TECH FEATURES"

"If you're looking for a truck with a full sized bed or a truck with all the gadgets, look elsewhere. I probably would have gone with a loaded down F150 Supercrew if I had another 20k to spend. (I have kids and need the 4 door.) GOOD FUEL ECONOMY - I've gotten up to 24.5 mpg, and average 17 city and 21 highway, considerably better than the sticker. GOOD POWER - I drive up all but the steepest of hills in 6th gear. No, it's not fast. COMFORTABLE SEATING - I'm over 6' tall and plenty comfortable on long trips. My passengers also say they are comfortable. QUIET - Not whisper quiet but raised voices are not required at highway speed. REASONABLE RIDE - Not bad for a 4x4. It won't jar your fillings loose, definitely not like a Cadillac. HANDLING - Good for a truck, but if you drive it like a sports car you'll end up in a tree. It handles loads well. I have not towed with it yet. BRAKES - SEE HANDLING - I don't know why Toyota still puts drum brakes in the rear. TIRES - I have driven trucks with both the Bridgestones and the Goodyears. The braking and handling are both noticeably better with the Bridgestones. TRACTION - EXTRAORDINARY, all weather, even when not in 4 wheel drive. WELL PLACED CONTROLS - I never find myself hunting to find any switch or lever. RELIABLE - It only has 9000 miles on it though. STEREO - I certainly hope you don't buy a truck based on the stereo. Actually it sounds OK. I LOVE THE BACKUP CAMERA!!! COMPLAINTS - My heater blower fan started chirping at low speed. I'll have the dealer fix it on my next service. GET THE RUBBER BED MAT!!! It's the best 80 bucks you'll ever spend. Nothing slides. Everything stays where you left it."

Toyota is Toyota

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"How some people can compare a Toyota with a FORD??? NO WAY!!!!"

Toyota is so darn reliable.

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable"

"Have owned 4 Toyota trucks since 1981, and my wife has owned 2 corolla's and 2 Rav-4's. Except for a few very minor problems along the way, they have been totally reliable. Out of all of my Toyota trucks, the 05 Tacoma I have now has 130,000 miles on it. The only major problems along the way...The A/C pump ceased up at around 65,000 miles, and the brake slave cylinder went bad at around 100,000 miles. I probably would have kept the other Toyota trucks longer, but once the great New York State road salt started eating away the under carriage,it was time to trade them in."

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Solid, stable, powerful fun to drive"

Cons: "I have the JVC stereo not as good as my Audi A6,ha"

"This is my 5th Toyota Tacoma a 2011 SR5, 4 wheel Dr. 4 cyl. My 2004 sold for nearly what I paid for it with 90000 miles. I took a broadside t-bone and never got a scratch. This truck is as good as it gets. Hunting fishing and hauling excellent. Extra doors excellent and can seat 4 grown adults although a little cramped with a six footer driving it. Wider body is more stable than my 2004 and the mileage is about 23/gal hgwy. 4 wheel drive makes this vehicle like a tank and very stable in rain,snow or ice. If you can find a better truck buy it."

Tough truck, tows well

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Big enough to intiminate slow pokes."

Cons: "uncomfortable driver/passenger seats"

"Doesn't like to tow in 5th gear (automatic) and 4th uses a lot of gas at 50 mph. But it's strong and the locking rear axel is great on slippery boat ramps. The 12v to 110V converter in the bed really comes in handy camping or trimming bushes around the yard. Over 4 years old and the gold paint still looks like new. The temp/compass indicator died but was a free easy fix with directions provided on the net. I don't off road much but when I've been in the bush the truck seemed to like the challenge. The best part.. My dog loves it."

awesome truck

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Cons: "4cyl. auto in the mountains isnt very fun"

"Own a 4cyl. ext cab sr5 2005 2wd since 26k, now has 93k. Great truck! no issues. Taken me across the country 4 times."

I have never felt reliable on something

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

"i also have a 2 inch suspension lift to get to and from hunting camp. this truck is very reliable. I have pulled dodges, chevy's and fords bigger the my truck out of ditches and mud holes. It is a very reliable truck."

Favorite Vehicle

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"Bought my truck new. 5 years, 92000 miles later, it is tight, rattle free, no problems (except an A/C compressor). They could improve the stereo, and quiet the engine noise - but my next vehicle will be this vehicle. Excellent truck."

Very Satisfied

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"I have owned my 2010 Toyota Tacoma 4WD,Double Cab for a year. I have put 40,000 miles on it, and I have had no issues at all. Very comfortable, reliable vehicle, and as I was checking the value, it has held its value very well. 4WD works great."

Worst truck ever

By on Friday, October 22, 2010

"I have owned this truck over 2 years and this truck is so far the worst I ever had. Gas mileage is terrible, ride comfort is none existent and as far as payload, can not handle to much 8 bag of concrete 90lb and the truck nose is pointing towards the sky. Handling is horrible don't stay on a straight line wonders left to right. I had Toyota look at the front end. they just said that is the way they are. Steering is way to soft and is not speed sensitive always easy to steer even at high speed 80+ mph."