• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1447 Ratings for the 2005 - 2015 models.

recalls are the only problem

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "bad mileage, small box, bad engineering, way too m"

"will not recommend Toyota to anyone"

Always wanted one, until I owned one...

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Reason: economy / space

Pros: "Solid, great looks, tough truck"

Cons: "Fuel economy on this truck is a joke."

"I had always wanted a Toyota pickup. Then one day, I was able to purchase one, I found a screamin' good deal on an '11 with 600 miles on the odometer, and I bought it. Not to say that it's difficult to find these trucks, but when you live in a major metropolitan area and you insist on a manual transmission - it gets a bit difficult. I got this thing and I was psyched, it had all the bells and whistles I wanted, 4x4, v6, 6-speed, double cab (non-TRD). The aftermarket support for these trucks is very solid and you're immediately able to put yourself in the poorhouse with all the cool stuff you can buy for this truck. The two main minuses for this truck... 1. Fuel economy - Toyota knows how to make an awesome truck, but the economy is ABYSMAL on this truck, on my BEST tank of fuel, I got 19mpg... and that's with a manual transmission - which I understand gets WORSE mileage than the automatic. My friend's V8 tundra got 17 any day of the week! 2. Interior space - if you're over 6' tall (like I am), the back seat in this truck becomes un-usable pure and simple - not a good thing if you've got a family. Other issues - every once-in-a-while, this thing would be hard to start, e.g. the starter motor would not engage at all (dealer swore up and down there was no issue)... this happened about 5-10 times throughout the course of my ownership. Along the same lines as the starting, the 4x4 wasn't the easiest thing to get to engage and dis-engage sometimes. All in all, this truck was great though, and it looked great. I would not buy another one, which I would've never thought until I actually did buy one... so at least that's out of my system!"

no regrets

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

Pros: "The best vehicle for a single female."

Cons: "1st gear a little choppy. radio intermittent."

"At age 45 I bought this vehicle off the lot and have never had a single regret. Great on gas, great visual advantage."

Just a great truck to own and drive

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Well built, dependable and trouble free!"

Cons: "I like the truck, no cons"

"I purchased my 2010 Tacoma double cab 4x4 after I was hit head-on while driving my then 2008 Tacoma double cab 4x4. I'm happy to report that I walked away from that crash with just a small cut on my left arm. My 2010 Tacoma has been totally reliable, dependable, trouble free and fun to drive. Other than oil changes, filters and tires this truck has cost me nothing in failures or unforeseen repairs. For anyone looking to purchase a midsize truck I highly recommend taking a look at a Tacoma."

This vehicle have not had any major issues.

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive under any condition"

Cons: "wish it gave a better gas mileage."

"this vehicle have not disappointed me in any way what so ever. reliable and dependable. I followed the maintenance schedule and did it myself since I am a mechanic. Toyota stands by their product because they called us to say customers complained about the hazing on the headlights and they will change ours free of cost. I am getting another Toyota."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals