2011 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab

Based on 1483 Ratings for the 2005 - 2014 models.

Great truck. Never once let me down

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "OH, what a feeling."

Cons: "I have base truck so no intermittent wipers"

"Very very dependable. 21 highway mpg and 17 around town with the six cylinder and 6 speed manual. They could have had the 5th speed as an overdrive and the 6th speed as an extra overdrive. This truck has super torque. Can drive at 30 in 6th gear. I often go from 1st to third to 6th with no problem. Is great in the snow. Can't say enough aout this truck."

Excellent Overall Vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 08, 2013

"This is a great vehicle. Good for family trasnport and for typical hauling to dump, towing boats..."

This is a great small truck!

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Pros: "Low maintainence, great design"

Cons: "Sensor indicators, lack of molding, no ashtray"

"Never having a truck before I decided to buy the 2006 Tacoma regular cab. I wanted something that I could fit into (6'4" and 260lbs) but not spend alot on gas with the bigger models. I've had it for 7 years now and keep up on the routine oil changes and suggested lifetime maintainence. I've only had a few inconvienences. Those being *Floor matt* and sprial cable recalls. Two things that are minor that I don't care for or wish was different would be 1)molding on the sides of the door to stop knick/dents from others doors 2) not have the tire sensors. It's aggravating to have the light come on without a real indication of what the problem is. It could mean that you need air in the spare (a pain), oil change reminder to something more serious. Plus you have to turn off the light manually. I've gone in for an oil change and the techs either forget or don't know how to turn it off. I live in the desert where the sun is a killer on most cars interior. My dash and other plastics look almost as good as the day I got it. Smokers beware...there is NO ashtray! The gas milage is around 15/23 mpg. If you're looking for a great smaller truck I'd recommend this one!"

Unmatched in reliability,

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Reliable reliable reliable"

Cons: "Trans downshifting at slow speed"

"Probs with trans downshifting at slow speeds! Very annoying to shift into first gear unnecessarily and be thrown forward. Thats the only con! And that says a lot. This truck is going to last 300k easily. I can tell already since my 4runner has and my 1st Tacoma did. Toyota is all I've ever owned and they all destroy the comp in reliability."

I Love This Truck

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

"I bought the Baja addition and threw a supercharger in it. If you use it for what its ment for you can't go wrong. However, if you are looking to tow heavy weight or for a road trip vehicle, then this is not the truck for you."

reliable, functional, retains value

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "functionality, looks, resale value, reliability"

Cons: "mpg, initial price, frame rust"

"have a 2007 double cab 4x4. very practical/functional for off-road, camping, snowy/icy roads, etc. no mechanical issues after 5yrs; however there is significant surface rust on the frame down below, something tacomas are notorious for. just recently sold my 2007 for about $1800 less than i bought it for 5yrs ago--didn't realize it when i bought it, but resale value is actually the best feature of this vehicle."

I Love my Tacoma it is such a reliable truck!

By on Saturday, May 26, 2012

"It is the best!!! This is my 4th and I've had this one for 6 years and I am still loving it... Need I say more???"

Love to drive this truck! My favorite vehicle.

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"Solid, good looking, comfortable, positive driving truck. Well built."

Good solid off road truck off the lot.

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Good long term value on a great truck."

Cons: "Trucks all around need better gas mileage."

"The TRD off road pkg is often written up as a harsh ride, but I find it to be very good all around. Nice looking, useful offroad truck that I expect to last for a very long time. Bought a new Tacoma because the used ones were basicaly the same price range; obviously hold up their resale value very well."

Awesome little truck

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Quality, Fun, Off Road"

Cons: "Towing MPGs, Interior a little plastic"

"I can't say enough about this truck (2005 V6 Access Cab TRD Off Road). It's everything I wanted from my 1988 and 1999 Tacomas, plus modern style and power. It looks good, reliable, feels quality (door sounds good when it shuts, if you know what I mean), and off roads with the best of them. I've had it off road extensively. This little truck would climb a tree if you let it. I put it up against my friends F-150 and Silverado in the hills of WV. They couldn't keep up, too big and slow. Several of my friends liked it so much that 3 of them bought Tacos of their own. Only con I have found is towing. It's a powerful V6, however with a heavier load, even the slightest grade will cause it to kick down a gear, killing gas. If you are on the fence about getting one of these...just pull the trigger and get one. You will not regret it."

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Holds value, looks great."

Cons: "Not that great on gas, small bed"

"Ive owned three trucks, Ranger, Silverado, and now the Tacoma. I love the truck, its the perfect size. I love the four dour, and it has great power."

Great vehicle, reliable, could use improvements

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Light, fast, great 4X4, cool design"

Cons: "cup holders, rear view mirror, driver comfort"

"This is my second Tacoma. My 2002 was completely reliable with 80K miles on it, but I wanted a 4 wheel drive, so I treated myself to a new Tacoma in 2007. Overall, it is a great vehicle....oil and air filter changes pretty much sum up the routine maintenance. However, the brakes have had to be changed twice, and the original plugs were fouled, and when checked I was told by the mechanic that the plugs were not the usual Toyota plugs, but a cheaper brand. Also, the use of a LOT more plastic, particularly outside the vehicle, is disappointing on a truck like this....scratches easily, and expensive to replace. Fuel economy is pretty dismal for a six cylinder, in my opinion...I would think that Toyota would be able to at least achieve over 20 mpg minimum when the big boys are doing it with V8s pretty routinely now. Interior wise, the drivers side is smaller than the passenger side by inches (I do not understand this), the rear view mirror is too low, and the cup holders make no sense. HOWEVER...after 76000 miles of pretty much trouble free driving on the highway for 1800 mile road trips, in Vegas summer heat, in bad bumper to bumper stop and go traffic, I have to say that I love this truck. Yes, there are improvements design wise that could be made, but overall this is a great, reliable truck, and I have no doubt that I could put 150-200K miles on it with very little repairs or breakdowns."

compact truck small inside goes anywhere

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "keeps its value..wont let you down..decent on fuel"

Cons: "small..price.."

"Bought brand new..i have until i die..want bigger truck like tundra..but like most..you pay for the vehicle..should have bought the tundra instead of the tacoma..but wont let go of my little guy..just going to get his bigger brother in a few more years or if i find one for the right price.."

Great PU with low mileage.

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and is very reliable."

Cons: "Don't have a need for a 4-wheel drive vehicle."

"This PU is probably the best 2007 you can buy. Well taken care of by original owner. Reason for selling: Want to purchase a new vehicle."

I love this truck!!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Value for the money"

"This is the first pick up I've ever owned myself, have driven many over the years. Purchased as a third car so we would have something to haul with and my wife could use it as a winter car with the 4 wheel drive system. We have owned it for two years and will look forward to keeping it for many years to come."

great truck

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reason: needed v8

Pros: "quality driven"

Cons: "bigger guys, 6' and above, not a good fit..."

"needed a bigger truck.... its been the best truck ive owned in my lifetime."

1st time truck owner

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "nice freeway driving."

Cons: "turning radius(not bad tho)"

"I've always been a jeep guy, this is a fun truck to drive. I do however miss the small turn radius, this truck is fast, handles well, accelerates quickly, and has alot of room and vision for the driver."

Great pickup for the price

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

"My 2011 Tocoma is a double cab V6-- with more power than my previous 2003 Tacoma 4 cylinder. For those of us who cannot afford a Ford 150 with similiar 'bells and whistles' the Tocoma is a good buy--mine has 'bluetooth' and an MP3 'plug-in.'"

Reliable, just basic

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "No heated outside mirrors"

"Should come with heated outside mirrors. Traction control isn't very good in snow. Compared to most other trucks"

Has been a very dependable vehicle.

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Minimal cost to maintain. Very reliable with decent mpg. Smooth ride and very comfortable to drive. Tows a large tent trailer without hesitation. Holds four adults comfortably."

I love my truck!

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, great MPG, too much to list!"

Cons: "No variable-speed/intermittent windshield wipers!"

"My first car when I got my license! I absolutely love this truck. Plenty of power from the standard 4-cylinder engine, smooth automatic transmission, and GREAT gas mileage, about 25 miles to the gallon on the highway depending on driving conditions. My radio and auxiliary/iPod hookup both started having problems and were replaced under warranty. Apparently a lot of 2010 model year Toyota vehicles have had problems with the stereo system. Have not had any problems with new stereo. The blower motor for the heater and A/C started making a noise in late 2010 that got worse over time, and the Toyota dealer replaced it under warranty just 4 days prior to me writing this review. When the truck was brand new back in 2009, there was a problem whenever the automatic transmission was put into park. Sometimes it would lock properly and the vehicle would "think" it was still in drive or reverse and roll forward or backward. This was also fixed by the dealer under warranty and there has not been a problem since. In my opinion, it is not the little things like this that make a vehicle good or bad. The truck is extremely reliable and has not had any problems with the drivetrain (engine, transmission, etc), and it is also an extremely durable little truck. Despite being a 2-wheel drive, my truck does okay in mud and other messy conditions. I would NOT take it off-roading, but the traction control combined with superior engineering make it adequate in mud, water, and snow. The air-conditioner in my Tacoma is very powerful and blows FREEZING COLD. It performed flawlessly during all the summer 2011 heat waves we had. The heater will roast you out of the cab and if you hold your hand close to the vent when it is on full blast you will just about burn your hand! For a base model truck, my Tacoma has an adequate stereo system. It has an AM/FM CD/MP3 player with 4 speakers and a handy auxiliary plug-in for my iPod. The speakers are not very good and I sometimes have to turn the volume on full blast to hear the song. I plan on upgrading the speakers in the future with more powerful aftermarket units. This is pretty easy to do, so the speakers do not influence my overall rating of this truck. The only thing I truly HATE about my 2010 Toyota Tacoma is that it DOES NOT have variable-speed intermittent windshield wipers. It just has 2-speed wipers with a "mist" function (basically just flicking the control stick manually every few seconds during a drizzle), and a windshield washer. You do not realize how much you take intermittent wipers for granted until you've driven in a light rain without them! Even worse is that I did not even realize my truck didn't have this feature until TWO DAYS after we bought it! Apparently you have to get the "preferred convenience package" or something like that, which includes several other options like cruise control and drives the price up considerably. Even for the 2012 model year, the regular cab Tacoma is not available with intermittent wipers. According to a Toyota salesman I talked to, intermittent wipers are option on the 4-wheel drive regular cab, but not available on any 2-wheel drive regular cab. My neighbor has a 2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4 extra cab with power windows and locks that did not even come with intermittent wipers! Anyway, this is all a matter of preference. To some people it does not matter if their car has intermittent wipers, and to some it does. I've started to get used to it (though I still plan on putting in intermittent wipers sometime in the future), but I just wanted to educate those who want to buy a new or used Tacoma about this fact before they decided to make a purchase. Except for the lack of intermittent wipers, I love the Toyota Tacoma and would absolutely recommend it to nayone looking for a compact pickup truck!"

realy good truck

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "trd package makes a big diffrence"

Cons: "cant put the top down like i can in my jeep"

"best truck i have ever owened"

nice truck

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "4cyl gets great gas mil"

"the only thing i've had to do is put front pads on at 35000 miles , and rotors were perfect , and 4 tires@48000 miles . i bought this new in 2006 oct and this truck is great. looking to buy again 2013 this truck now has 71000 and needs nothing."

Love this Truck

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive worth the price tons of cup holders"

Cons: "Driver seat does not raise up."

"The 2011 Toyota Tacoma is a top choice in the midsize pickup segment thanks to its highly capable nature and wide array of configurations. Engines offer a good balance of power and fuel efficiency; wide variety of body styles and trims; strong safety scores; impressive build quality; well-appointed interior."

It's like a new truck. Have a work truck.

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Hoot to drive"

Cons: "Has everything. Camera mirror. Keyless entry."

"Everythings perfect"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals